DCS: Combined Arms Screenshots

PeterP

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff! Can anyone comment how orders work from the battle commander to other human players? I.e. if the commander orders indirect fire on a position, what indication does the arty get of this? Same applies to other ground forces such as MBTs and IFVs, is there any indication to the player what the commander has ordered, such as route and formation info? Or is the concept that will all be done via voice? Cheers.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Maybe it's too early to answer the question, but how could we make an artillery shot at a target that is far from sight? I mean calculate the azimut and elevation of the shot to it hits the target precisely ?

Should we have a calculator on our desk to calculate the elevation according to distance, wind, and altitude difference ?

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

One cool solution is a team work.

One using artillery and the other mate using a recon humvee with targets in sight.

You could star firing a couple of shots and your recon mate with TS reporting the impact point for corrections, until you get the zone.

Then order all company to fire at your mark and blow all off.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

One cool solution is a team work.

One using artillery and the other mate using a recon humvee with targets in sight.

You could star firing a couple of shots and your recon mate with TS reporting the impact point for corrections, until you get the zone.

Then order all company to fire at your mark and blow all off.

Yes, as long as you don't hit that humvee by mistake :lol:

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

Maybe it's too early to answer the question, but how could we make an artillery shot at a target that is far from sight? I mean calculate the azimut and elevation of the shot to it hits the target precisely ?

Should we have a calculator on our desk to calculate the elevation according to distance, wind, and altitude difference ?

attachment.php?attachmentid=67755&d=1341422501

See the vertical scale: that's the distance... (probably in metres). I do suggest a digital azimuth readout. The scale in the picture only has 5 degree cues.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

In the great words of the late Grand Moff Tarkin

"IT'S A TRAAAAAAAAAAP!"

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

In the great words of the late Grand Moff Tarkin

"IT'S A TRAAAAAAAAAAP!"

:D

They weren't in the same movie...

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Some night shots.

Depending on if the open beta is available next week, I will try to do some short videos in the next few days.

Thanks

Everything looks better at night :) maybe next week huh.....

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AEF 161 Squadron CO ~~~ My YouTube Channel ~~~ "We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering." The Shoveller ... Mystery Men

Some night shots.

Depending on if the open beta is available next week, I will try to do some short videos in the next few days.

Thanks

Muahahaha!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

I can't seem to pull myself away from these boards lately. I am sooo looking forward to CA! Thanks for the screens Matt and bring it to the finish line soon...PLEASE!! :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals