DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Here you go

What I'm curious about is how much the deck crew will move around. Or will they mostly be static? Also, If a mission maker fills the deck with crew, how can players and AI avoid collision? Will they not have a collision model? Or will the run out of the way?

To make the carrier deck feel alive, deck crew is a must. We are doing this through a combination of static-placed deck crew with animations that mission creators can place and fully pathed and animated deck crew that support launch operations from all four catapults..

I just hope AI will be able to push them aside while moving around the deck and not as it stands now with for example a jet crashing into a truck during taxi.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I think the static deck crew are the ones that have animations such as using tools like a hammer, ect. I've seen a video a while ago, I believe from SiverDragon, where he was showing some animation files that had been included in an update.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

What I'm curious about is how much the deck crew will move around. Or will they mostly be static? Also, If a mission maker fills the deck with crew, how can players and AI avoid collision? Will they not have a collision model? Or will the run out of the way?

I certainly hope ED takes care to make the deck environment safe for the virtual crew. I wouldn't want any of them getting sucked into jet intakes or cut in half by broken arresting cables or the like. :(

My Hangar: | A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14B | BF-109 K4 | C-101 | F-15C | F-5E II |F-86F | F/A-18C | FW-190 D-9 | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | SA342 | Spitfire IX | SU-25 | SU-25T | SU-27 | SU-33 | UH-1H |

My Playgrounds: | Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy |

Cockpit: | i7-4790K | EVGA Z97 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Samsung EVO SSD | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System | TrackIR 5 |

I would like to know if is it possible to open (put up) this fire protection wall by my self?

If I land and want to take off ones more, I would like to put it up after on position for take off.

I think it comes up once you line up and pressy 'U' (default keybind IIRC) to "lock" the plane in place. Wheel stoppers and deflector should come up.

Though this is a bit OT as it's more of a "FC subforum request"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

OK - at the end of summer we were to get more information about the new addition for carriers.

We have a week and a half by the end of summer, so it's probably a good time for more information? Unless there's nothing to talk about?

I am very interested in this add-on and I must admit that I am very curious and impatient :).

Bad luck...

I must admit that I am very curious and impatient :).

This isn't a good fit with DCS. I'm too very interested in this project, however we can only wait. News will be released as soon as ED is ready for it. Actually we just had some information disclosed recently, and in the one of the FighterPilotPodcast episodes Wags mentioned that communications are pretty much completed, but I guess that means these are recorded and still WIP coding wise.

Anyway, once there is more news I am sure we will get it first.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

OK - at the end of summer we were to get more information about the new addition for carriers.

We have a week and a half by the end of summer, so it's probably a good time for more information? Unless there's nothing to talk about?

I am very interested in this add-on and I must admit that I am very curious and impatient :).

There was a Friday newsletter in August with some more detailed information and some screenshots of the animated deck crew

• 2 weeks later...
When? No news since one month ago...

Yes I'm also looking forward to this release more so than the Viper, maybe we will get some fresh news this Friday in the news letter.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Two weeks :)

When? No news since one month ago...

Just read and try to get this bit, and I am sure you will have your answer:

At this time, we have no release date or pricing, but they will be available at our very soonest.

Trigger happy question about animations

With regards to this bit:

To make the carrier deck feel alive, deck crew is a must. We are doing this through a combination of static-placed deck crew with animations that mission creators can place and fully pathed and animated deck crew that support launch operations from all four catapults.

First of all, this is a dream come true for many I am sure (including myself), so thinking about the completeness of the carrier operations in DCS I am wondering if the recovery animations are also planned at all.

I understand that what was already announced is the huge scope of underlying tasks that span multiple teams and disciplines so I am not expecting this at EA release but maybe "later in early access"? Or perhaps it is way too early to discuss this now?

Let's see how far they get till the end of the year. I guestimate this will still be in development in 2020.

Well i hope we have the early access as a Christmas present. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly: