Syrian Map Discussion

ghashpl

I can't wait for the Syria map in multiplayer.

Players all over the world will be staring at the briefing page for ages wondering,

"Whose side am I on?"

Apart from being what appears to be the largest open ground manpad testing range, Syria seems to be the capital of Mi-8 graveyards.

Typical missions:

• Rescue the shot down pilots.
  • Rescue the rescue party rescuing the shot down pilots
  • Rescue the prisoners missions. (Prisoners are the SF dudes who were captured trying to rescue the pilots captured by locals with pitchforks.)
  • Manpad Simulator 2019
  • Mig-21 mayhem, how many Mig's can you trash in 20 minutes online?
  • Drone attack sim 2019, now with more drones
  • National border confusion simulator....did he cross it, can we shoot, yet sir?
  • L-39 finally meets combat! And dies 2 seconds later (from a manpad)
  • The Gazelle gets a war it was in!

Hopefully DCS can release an update to IFF that might represent the 1057 coalitions fighting with each other there. I reckon this is the year for LotATC to really shine...

I write missions and I have no idea where to start. I'm thinking I might go for a Capture the Map style map again, but this time for Combined Arms only. You start as one player, with 1000 Iglas and have to capture the entire of Syria for your new Caliphate. Could have some interesting F10 Menu options when entering a town, like 'Torture', 'Kidnap' 'Buy 100 Iglas'

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for the Syria map in multiplayer.

Players all over the world will be staring at the briefing page for ages wondering,

"Whose side am I on?"

Apart from being what appears to be the largest open ground manpad testing range, Syria seems to be the capital of Mi-8 graveyards.

Typical missions:

• Rescue the shot down pilots.
  • Rescue the rescue party rescuing the shot down pilots
  • Rescue the prisoners missions. (Prisoners are the SF dudes who were captured trying to rescue the pilots captured by locals with pitchforks.)
  • Manpad Simulator 2019
  • Mig-21 mayhem, how many Mig's can you trash in 20 minutes online?
  • Drone attack sim 2019, now with more drones
  • National border confusion simulator....did he cross it, can we shoot, yet sir?
  • L-39 finally meets combat! And dies 2 seconds later (from a manpad)
  • The Gazelle gets a war it was in!

Hopefully DCS can release an update to IFF that might represent the 1057 coalitions fighting with each other there. I reckon this is the year for LotATC to really shine...

I write missions and I have no idea where to start. I'm thinking I might go for a Capture the Map style map again, but this time for Combined Arms only. You start as one player, with 1000 Iglas and have to capture the entire of Syria for your new Caliphate. Could have some interesting F10 Menu options when entering a town, like 'Torture', 'Kidnap' 'Buy 100 Iglas'

LOL This guy gets it Hahaha!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

@Havremonster Ha, you are right! But that is a can of worms that is probably not allowed to be talked about on this forum, it kinda falls under the general notion of militarism and is probably forbidden to be discussed under the provision to not discuss politics.

I think Wags use Syria map on the last Hornet JSOW video.

In the video from 2019-06-02 it's the Persian Gulf map, Bandar Abbas is explicitly mentioned.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Please update the Normandy map then work on a new map. This is common sense we're talking about here.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Since I haven't gotten any response about my offer to help here are some images of what the Hardened Shelters should look like at Incirlik AB, Turkey:

Golf Loop (fit F-16, Mirage size aircraft):

GgqzNz.jpg

AoQT7j.jpg

W74toa.jpg

NpQJgc.jpg

4GDmha.jpg

EgEzBB.jpg

z55T4p.jpg

Hotel & India Loops (fit A-10, F-15 size aircraft):

DEky5C.jpg

p6yS7l.jpg

xClWcC.jpg

EiuJBr.jpg

MjkBUU.jpg

5XsaZQ.jpg

yxMPW2.jpg

Nice shots Snoopy, thanks for sharing.

Would you know if there is any particular reason as to why the Warthog is parked all the way back in the shelter? Looks like it's almost touching the back wall.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Nice shots Snoopy, thanks for sharing.

Would you know if there is any particular reason as to why the Warthog is parked all the way back in the shelter? Looks like it's almost touching the back wall.

Because when we stated stuffing A-10s in the HAS airfield management said to push them back that far.

Management

Because when we stated stuffing A-10s in the HAS airfield management said to push them back that far.

Management saying things sounds like one valid reason. Thanks.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Oh joy! Another sandbox theater. G*d forbid that they would make a modern theater in areas full of trees, lakes, and rivers. Lets say Baltic, Central Europe , or Scandinavia.

"It will present such major cities as Israeli Haifa and Shefaran, Lebanese Beirut and Tripoli, Turkish Adana and Gaziantep, Jordanian Irbit and Jerash, but of course the cities of the Syrian Arab Republic - Damascus, Homs, Hama, Lattakia, Iglib, Aleppo, Raqka and etc."

If you're from Haifa I thought you'd know that very much of the entire western coastline is anything but sand.

Though since it's Ugra Media, maybe itd be better if it was.

Edited by Sephyrius

Hello Snoopy,

Interesting pictures. If I may ask a question. When the aircraft comes back from the mission the shutdown is made outside with the aircraft facing the hangar or after turning 180? Or it is taxied inside the hangar, then later turned around by the ground crew?

Thanks.

Hello Snoopy,

Interesting pictures. If I may ask a question. When the aircraft comes back from the mission the shutdown is made outside with the aircraft facing the hangar or after turning 180? Or it is taxied inside the hangar, then later turned around by the ground crew?

Thanks.

We marshaled them so they were facing away from the doors then pushed them back into the HAS with a tow vehicle which is what we are doing in the second picture in the hotel/India images.

p6yS7l.jpg

Edited by Snoopy

Awesome pics Snoopy!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Since I haven't gotten any response about my offer to help here are some images of what the Hardened Shelters should look like at Incirlik AB, Turkey:

*lots of pics*

Awesome pictures you have there, thanks for sharing!

Seeing those pics makes me wonder if you have seen GAF Tornados there as well?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

They were there at the same time I was but they parked on the other side of the runway.

Well, that's unfortunate, but thanks anyways. :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Unfortunate? Between the Turkish F-16s on alert, our A-10s, Qatar Mirages, Saudi F-15s, KC-135s, AC-130s, and Marine EA-6s there was no room on our side for the Tornadoes.

I understand that. I just meant it's unfortunate that they didn't made it on your pics because of that.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I’ve got a few pictures but they’re not that great. I’ll dig through my deployment pics this weekend and see if I can find them.

Oh wow, I would appreciate that a lot! Unfortunately there's little material on that deployment out there, so I would really enjoy seeing those :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg