Integrated Air Defense System

ShalashakaDS

From this weeks newsletter

"we are also designing support for Integrated Air Defense System (IADS) networks and more advanced air defence AI to include shared-time searches, counter-SEAD/DEAD tactics, and SAM traps. Together, DCS will provide the most realistic and challenging air defence simulation to operate in."

finally! Great news, this alone got me more hyped than any module lately. Also, bold claim, considering what we got now and the almost complete lack of proper electronic warfare simulation and no mention of it in the newsletter.

Edited by BIGNEWY

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confused why people aren't getting more excited about this, it's incredible news. That and the amazing SA-5 is really going to make interesting missions.

Maybe folks are scared? :)

Thanks ED, this has been wanted for a very long time!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Confused why people aren't getting more excited about this, it's incredible news. That and the amazing SA-5 is really going to make interesting missions.

Thanks ED, this has been wanted for a very long time!

Oh Im very excited, plus I just finished dinner :D

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Great

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

It is indeed huge news, this should have a significant impact on the sim. What makes it even better is that I remember (perhaps wrongly) hearing some time ago that ED was not interested in doing this. I'm glad that they've changed their mind for something so important. In the future hopefully improved ATC and AWACS/command and control will join it.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

It is indeed huge news, this should have a significant impact on the sim. What makes it even better is that I remember (perhaps wrongly) hearing some time ago that ED was not interested in doing this. I'm glad that they've changed their mind for something so important. In the future hopefully improved ATC and AWACS/command and control will join it.

Improved ATC has in progress. first steep has building better and realistic ATC on carriers, when it done, they move to improve ATC on airbases.

Very good. I am hyped too. One thing though...

We will need to wait for it now, I am still waiting for that lovely SCUD.

...and DCS:Beef

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Only gets really interesting if all the air defence assets get a full 3D cabin and let players operate it ;)

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

GAW needs this for sure...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

This is going to change everything....

I hope that Su-27S gets its datalink fixed and receives info from IADS network and all REDFOR gets as well GCI like jester AI to guide them in and inform the dog fight situation and positions as well.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

This is going to change everything....

I hope that Su-27S gets its datalink fixed and receives info from IADS network and all REDFOR gets as well GCI like jester AI to guide them in and inform the dog fight situation and positions as well.

Well that is not uniquely red force. Would be great if the AWE&Cs was more than just the AWE portion and included the C aspect.

All of this adds to the need for Electronic Warfare aircraft (you want to hear from GCI... sorry!) :smartass:

Of course, I'm scared ;) But also excited. Good news.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Scared yes :-)

Also wondering about how you take on the proposed integrated air defence system when one of the components is a Mach 4 300 kilometre range missile. It seems a bit daunting with the range and hit probability of the current AGM-88?

Scared yes :-)

Also wondering about how you take on the proposed integrated air defence system when one of the components is a Mach 4 300 kilometre range missile. It seems a bit daunting with the range and hit probability of the current AGM-88?

Use something other than an AGM-88. These are big and not exactly particularly mobile targets (thinking JSOW or SLAM-ER).

Fantastic news. I really hope we get some high altitude AAA/flak soon as that is a pretty important part of a SAM network.

No, it's not... SAMs replaced flak. Flak is 1930s/40s, and to a limited extent 1950s. There is no ''high altitude AAA'' for about 70 years now. I don't think the US even HAS AAA anymore, except for CIWS onboard ships for missile interception. What there is internationally, for the last few decades, is geared around extreme volumes of fire out to a few kilometers. There were a few outliers like 40mm Bofors or thosevSoviet 57sand such in the 1950s, but they were produced in only extremely limited quantities afaik and/or extremely ineffective. It's pretty much Shilka style equipment globally for decades now, sometimes with short range missiles mixed in ala Tunguska.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I went absolutely bananas

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

KS-19, and Ks-30 has AAA release on 1950 and was operative as far as the Vietnam War and previous, Iran "build" a upgraded automatic version of KS-19 named Sa'ir. Other AAA systems was S-60 57mm and ZSU-57-2 on has been used on the Syria civil war and others wars previously.

https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a166753.pdf

That systems by soviet doctrine was used to cover airfields, depots, airfields and other fixed installations as point defense, with air defense regiments to cover under cold war (from old TRADOC 1994)

Edited by Silver_Dragon