HDR mod for 1.1.0.8

The original intention for the New HDR presets was to make SOFT the same as the original DCS HDR. However this did not make it into the patch (Hopefully the next one). The HDR presets enclosed with 1.1.0.8 were the ones I was tweaking before I got it right.

In the meantime, attached is the HDR.fx that was originally intended for 1.1.0.8

• It returns the Original DCS HDR on the SOFT setting.

• NORMAL is the 1.1.0.7 HDR and

• HARD is a more saturated contrasted HDR.

Backup and then replace the \Bazar\shaders\PostMotionEffect\HDR\hdr.fx with the one attached in hdr.zip.

attachment.php?attachmentid=52048&stc=1&d=1307043506

attachment.php?attachmentid=52049&stc=1&d=1307043506

attachment.php?attachmentid=52050&stc=1&d=1307043506

Nate

4.thumb.jpg.a3e9f2c3b2a36344ffd7c2d11024e88b.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.b313c72f2f793df862d5f600c446e6af.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.cc9ede7192b1d83145af2504458f76a4.jpg

hdr.zip

Edited by Nate--IRL--
  • Like 4

I'm liking the Hard preset so far just due to the vibrant color scheme it seems to give. Normal and Soft almost give a washed out look. Is there any way to get the Blur from the Soft preset into the Hard preset?

Yes, but it will take some work. I have to try to remember how I changed things, you could probably figure it out if you had a look - I'll do a Soft HARD for you at the weekend. Bump the thread if I've not responded by Saturday.

Nate

I'd be interested in that setting too.

Now, I'm one of those ATI 69xx card users that get the flashing white box when HDR is turned on. I only had a few minutes this morning to install and try out the patch. I turned on HDR normal setting and saw the white box. I have not tried the hard or soft settings yet. Since the normal setting is the same from 1.1.0.7, is there a chance that the new settings fixes this issue?

I've been looking high and lo for any solution to this problem but have been unsuccessful. Is this at least being looked at by ED or is this purely a card driver issue or something?

Corsair Graphite 780T / ASUS Maximus VIII Hero / i7-6700K@4.5GHz / Corsair H110i / 32GB DDR4 PC-2666 / ASUS 1080 Strix / EVGA 850 Pro / Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD / Win10x64 / Samsung UN48JU7500 4k / Logitech G910/933 KB/Headphones / Razer Naga Epic Mouse / MFG Crosswinds / TM HOTAS Warthog / HTC Vive

This looks great! I think I'll try it out when I get home. Thanks Nate :)

Oli 'Scarecrow' Lusk

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.20Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard

16GB DDR3 RAM

EVGA Geforce GTX 680 4GB

I've been looking high and lo for any solution to this problem but have been unsuccessful. Is this at least being looked at by ED or is this purely a card driver issue or something?

Last I heard was the drivers for the 68xx (EDIT:- I meant 69XX) series do not support a certain DX feature correctly, but don't quote me on that.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

I'm liking the Hard preset so far just due to the vibrant color scheme it seems to give. Normal and Soft almost give a washed out look. Is there any way to get the Blur from the Soft preset into the Hard preset?

OK see attached - a soft version of the HARD preset. I feel the Blur does take away from the contrasted feel of the setting, but this is just a personal preference.

Install as before.

Nate

hdr (soft HARD).zip

Last I heard was the drivers for the 68xx series do not support a certain DX feature correctly, but don't quote me on that.

Nate

Nate, are you a referring to 69xx?. AFAIK, 68xx do not have the issue.

So, can we assume it is AMD/ATI's responsability to solve this one? I assumed the issue was on ED's side as it was introduced with 1.1.0.7.

Nate, are you a referring to 69xx?. AFAIK, 68xx do not have the issue.

So, can we assume it is AMD/ATI's responsability to solve this one? I assumed the issue was on ED's side as it was introduced with 1.1.0.7.

Apologies I meant 69XX. To be honest I can't say who's fault it is, I do remember hearing in passing that the ATI driver was not processing a DX function correctly for those cards. I can't remember where I got that from though, so don't take it as official.

The fact that the issue applies to only one type of card would lead me to suspect the card or driver. But, again note, I am not speaking for ED here.

Nate

Thanks Nate for the description and comparison screen shots. I prefer the Soft original style look myself.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Im on 32 bit, so fugged the HDR with a setting of 2 in the options file (C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config\options.lua). Anyone know what number for soft, normal, hard in this setup.

Cheers

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Im on 32 bit, so fugged the HDR with a setting of 2 in the options file (C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config\options.lua). Anyone know what number for soft, normal, hard in this setup.

Cheers

I'd imagine that 0 would be off, 1 would be soft, 2 would be normal and 3 would be hard.

Well, I tried the mod and even just did a clean install to the 11.5 drivers and was still getting the white boxes. :(

I really like the look of the hard HDR effect. Wish this could get figured out.

Corsair Graphite 780T / ASUS Maximus VIII Hero / i7-6700K@4.5GHz / Corsair H110i / 32GB DDR4 PC-2666 / ASUS 1080 Strix / EVGA 850 Pro / Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD / Win10x64 / Samsung UN48JU7500 4k / Logitech G910/933 KB/Headphones / Razer Naga Epic Mouse / MFG Crosswinds / TM HOTAS Warthog / HTC Vive

Well, I tried the mod and even just did a clean install to the 11.5 drivers and was still getting the white boxes. :(

AFAIK that is an ATI driver problem with the 69XX cards, but I can't speak with any authority about it.

Nate

Yup...

Same here... Sapphire 6950 2GB & blinking frikkin white boxes... GRRRR :doh:

Come on... fix it...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

The original intention for the New HDR presets was to make SOFT the same as the original DCS HDR. However this did not make it into the patch (Hopefully the next one). The HDR presets enclosed with 1.1.0.8 were the ones I was tweaking before I got it right.]

Can you tell me where could I find these presets? I've just installed patch 1.1.0.8 but I can't find them and rather the only HDR related setting that was in 1.1.0.7 there is no more! :cry: