SAM's not working, what did I do wrong?

sirrah

Due to heavy snowfall during my ski holiday I've had some spare time to mess around in the ME.

I created static templates for Iran and UAE (great that we have this option now!). Basically I added SAM sites, AAA and static aircraft for current days as well as a 90's setting. Trying to respect available forces at the time as much as possible (as far as currently available in DCS without using mods). With the idea to share it here if anyone's interested.

Anyways... I think I might have messed up something, because I can just fly my "blue side" Hornet over all "red" SAM sites without any of them engaging me (well maybe once..)

At the moment I only used SA-2 and SA-10 sites

(The AAA does seem to be working fine by the way)

I added the .miz file. Could someone be so kind and have a look why I'm not being shot down?

Test mission.miz

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Each SAM system's equipment must be part of the same group.

But didn't I do that than?

For instance, this group #005 exists of several S-300 units (radar, cp and launchers). I tried all S-300 variations, but without result.

picture.php?albumid=1313&pictureid=10446

(Excuse me for the poor photo of a laptop screen. Apparently WiFi is really something extraordinary here in France and therefor must be really expensive... Hence I'm forced to use my phone for internet)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hmm.. really strange.. did some more testing and some of the SA-2 sites are highly active while others (even the ones closer by) don't react at all

System specs:

Can't tell from you screenshot but I believe the SA-10 has tracking radar(s) as well. You'll need at least one of them (maybe two, can't remember off the top of my head). It looks like you might have them there but I can't tell. Just list the units you have rather than a screenshot that can't be read.

The group consists of:

S-300PS CP 54K6

S-300PS SR 5N66M

S-300PS LN 5P85C (5 of them)

Not sure if the CP is actually necessary for the sam site to work, but I added it anyway

System specs:

Ok, got it to work now.

I indeed missed one SA-10 unit: S-300PS TR 30N6 (thought it was just another variant of what I already added, but it wasn't and I needed to add it)

@ moderator; you can close this thread :)

System specs: