[RESOLVED]Artificial horizon freeze

LeCuvier

The other thread is already closed but with only the turn indicator problem REPORTED.

I was trying something else today and suddenly noticed that the artificial horizon indicated substantial bank although I was not banking at all.

I tried several times and always managed to freeze the Artificial Horizon. As long as I only turn gently the horizon works fine. But when I maneuver heavily with high banking angles, the horizon evebntually freezes and does not recover. Doing some rolls gets you there very quickly. I attach a screenshot where you see the real horizon horizontal, and the artificial one shows me banking sharply right.

Edit: this is in OB.

Edit: Did a repair and tried again. Same problem. And it also happens if I do a steep climb. See new attachment. Just see that there seems to be a new update. That might change the picture.

Edit: In the stable release I see only the turn indicator problem. The artificial horizon seems fine.

Edit: after today's OB update I re-tried and was about to shout "Hurrah the problem is gone" but then the artificial horizon froze again. And I could reproduce it again and again, but it takes far more messing around. So anybody who wants to reproduce the freeze should go through a series of sharp banks and rolls etc., and you should see the artifial horizon freeze.

FW-190D9_Artificial_Horizon_Fail.thumb.jpg.b1533b35bee6405d06d266dfeee3c8d9.jpg

Artificial_Horizon_Fail_Pitch.thumb.jpg.61bb5be1366a1ce27a7e980a6e4a276f.jpg

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

At first I thought this might just be op toppling the gyro but it is not the case, the artificial horizon and the turn indicator appears to have somehow gotten connected with the elevator trim. A moderate level turn can cause the artificial horizon to freeze in place, then using the trimmer switch unfreezes it.

Yup

It's like I was originally reporting, there is defo something wrong here with the horizon and mine is not fixed (well not the last time I checked)

The difficulty is that with only some seeing this problem it makes it hard for ED to check it out

It's annoying as I can no longer fly the Dora IFR

My only hope is more do like you and anybody with it reports it

I'm not holding my breath for a fix

• ED Team

Hi

Yes it is reported, but I can not give you a estimate currently on a fix.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

Yes it is reported, but I can not give you a estimate currently on a fix.

thanks

So the issue has been recognized. That's good news, even if a fix is not imminent. We have learned to be patient.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...

Confirm. the Artificial Horizon and the Turn Indicator are working. Thanks ED!

LeCuvier