Is it possible to get a development road map?

Faxx2

I know there are a number of tangential posts that reference the development process.

However, Is it possible to get an official/definitive Razbam post regarding its development priorities?

(the reason for this is the last roadmap post is very old)

Edited by Faxx2

Will run the videos in :

June

Sept

Dec

March

But if anything major comes up I will do adhoc videos, the one on June will include:

- All module states to date

-Mirage upgrade with pics and video of our trip to France (main focus)

-touch on the new work flows focus on 3d scanning2

-any other news

Looking forward to that June update

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

So quarterly ish. Good plan

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you, but I was angling for more of a written development road map. it does not matter to me how rough:noexpression:
As ANY definite "roadmap" from a DCS developer has usually achieved two goals until now, I doubt it.

First a random number of entitled customers start ranting about the "priorities" (add the usual bickering about "finish XYZ before starting to work on ABC".

Second they get a shitstorm out of hell, as soon as anything from that roadmap changed, no matter how clear it was made it is "preliminary", "subject to change" etc.

So lo and behold the bold who dare usher a "roadmap" to the wolves...

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thank you, but I was angling for more of a written development road map. it does not matter to me how rough:noexpression:

In a nutshell:

— Highest development priority on the Harrier (expect some years for completion, depending on developers motivation)

— Implementation of mid life overhaul of the Mirage 2000 module, after the devs visit to the Armée de l'air (expect 1-2 years for completion)

— Touch ups to the MiG-19P, implementation of MiG-19S (not high priority, release time frame unknown, expect 1-2 years for completion)

— The MiG team will focus to the MiG-23 later, the condition seems to be tied to the Harrier development. Anyway, expectations for a complete MiG-23 should not be lower than 5 years.

— OV-10, low priority, developed as a side project by a single team member, time of completion totally unknown.

— F-15E, just forget it until you waited for a decade

— Other obscure started projects: obviously low priority and untouched for years, probably will be never completed.

All of this is a personal estimation :music_whistling:

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

As ANY definite "roadmap" from a DCS developer has usually achieved two goals until now, I doubt it.

First a random number of entitled customers start ranting about the "priorities" (add the usual bickering about "finish XYZ before starting to work on ABC".

Second they get a shitstorm out of hell, as soon as anything from that roadmap changed, no matter how clear it was made it is "preliminary", "subject to change" etc.

So lo and behold the bold who dare usher a "roadmap" to the wolves...

Ever considered that maybe such "entitled" customers feel that way because they are in fact entitled by having spent their own money to buy the product? Or does that not give the right to ask for (and be worried about) the delivery of what they paid for? :music_whistling:

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Ever considered that maybe such "entitled" customers feel that way because they are in fact entitled by having spent their own money to buy the product? Or does that not give the right to ask for (and be worried about) the delivery of what they paid for? :music_whistling:
What module on the roadmap (to be developed in the future!) did you buy???

The MiG-23 ? The F-15E? The A-29 that was cancelled? The Mi-24 Hind maybe, in a special secret sale via PM?

The last module I 'bought" was the F-16CJ Viper with a clear announcement of the planned release in autumn and the features it will have for delivery into early access....

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

What module on the roadmap (to be developed in the future!) did you buy???

The MiG-23 ? The F-15E? The A-29 that was cancelled? The Mi-24 Hind maybe, in a special secret sale via PM?

The last module I 'bought" was the F-16CJ Viper with a clear announcement of the planned release in autumn and the features it will have for delivery into early access....

I don't think the OP is asking for a roadmap specific to future modules:

I know there are a number of tangential posts that reference the development process.

However, Is it possible to get an official/definitive Razbam post regarding its development priorities?

(the reason for this is the last roadmap post is very old)

So to answer your question, I have bought the Mrage and the Harrier, both of which are still in development, not finished, bugged, missing features and we don't have a clue as to when they will ever be and what exactly will be included (and don't gimme the shop page list of features, we both know they just skim the surface...)

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

The development cycle has been hazy. There is no concise path as to what modules are being actively worked on. The issue is not what is going to be developed. I am sure the reason as to this is that they now have 3 modules that they are trying to keep bug-free in the game as well as continuously improve on, likewise with the Harrier which would give the appearance of juggling with their development.

I do not speak/work for RAZBAM, my views are my own.

IMO it’s just pointless to show roadmaps.

If they include dates, it will be “but this is a week late...”

If they don’t include dates, it will be “I demand to know dates”

If it includes high level titles, there will be slew of queries

Just let them get on with it and give us all some peace, or would you rather pay extra such that they can employ someone just to answer queries?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

There's point in getting snippy with each other. This will all get cleared up with the June Update video.

Will run the videos in :

June

Sept

Dec

March

But if anything major comes up I will do adhoc videos, the one on June will include:

- All module states to date

-Mirage upgrade with pics and video of our trip to France (main focus)

-touch on the new work flows focus on 3d scanning

-any other news

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

We'll get it when we get it, or we won't get it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You mean spamcord.

They didn't answer this question over there either.

Actually they did a while ago. But "we will finish the Harrier and Mirage, after the MiG-19P is out" wasn't good enough for some people...

Shagrat

Actually they did a while ago. But "we will finish the Harrier and Mirage, after the MiG-19P is out" wasn't good enough for some people...

They also said there would be a new video in June. So...

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

They also said there would be a new video in June. So...
Well, not a detailed roadmap video, but a showcase of the updates they included, nonetheless. I may be nitpicking, but they are not as silent, as it seems... and it seems to me they are hard at work and deliver updates and fixes galore at the moment,. :)

Shagrat

Well, not a detailed roadmap video, but a showcase of the updates they included, nonetheless. I may be nitpicking, but they are not as silent, as it seems... and it seems to me they are hard at work and deliver updates and fixes galore at the moment,. :)

I don't think you're nitpicking. You're cherry picking. And offering up that test video as their "Monthly" / "Quarterly Update Video" is a stretch well and beyond the reach of any reasonable person. I thought it would be insulting to asked if that was intended as their June update in the comments, so I didn't, but since you brought it up, I will.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

The video will be done when I have time. Likely this weekend my work schedule is very busy with my real job taking over at the moment.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2