Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

I think red doesn't need F15 and other BS (blue stuff). Just same communication/coordination like blue. Blue are a lot more because they play a lot better because they communicate better it seems. They like it more. Simple.

I've heard all sorts of nonsense about SRS. It's making lag, cuts FPS, boo hoo hoo... It seems not for Blue. Strange isn't it?

H6tXlKH.jpg

IMHO. TS is just not functional. It has 25 channels and sub channels... with fancy names and even icons... ALL DESERTED! If there are 5-6 people on TS they are all on same channel where either someone has a bad microphone PTT bind and speaks romanian for all (lol mytzu) or, someone has a bad day and starts ranting about the odds an laments till drops out of TS.

Not to mention, TS is open for all... you can have blue player in red channels very well without noticing.

My opinion is who wants F15... can find plenty on blue and they can also win. Is not a lack of F15 or little gimmik Gazelle for red.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

No referring to the amount of blue/red players and me the only red one in Teamspeak... :P

"you can have blue player in red channels very well without noticing." That's why passwords would be good... But I hope everyone is honest and only in their channels...

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I think red doesn't need F15 and other BS (blue stuff). Just same communication/coordination like blue. Blue are a lot more because they play a lot better because they communicate better it seems. They like it more. Simple.

I've heard all sorts of nonsense about SRS. It's making lag, cuts FPS, boo hoo hoo... It seems not for Blue. Strange isn't it?

H6tXlKH.jpg

IMHO. TS is just not functional. It has 25 channels and sub channels... with fancy names and even icons... ALL DESERTED! If there are 5-6 people on TS they are all on same channel where either someone has a bad microphone PTT bind and speaks romanian for all (lol mytzu) or, someone has a bad day and starts ranting about the odds an laments till drops out of TS.

Not to mention, TS is open for all... you can have blue player in red channels very well without noticing.

My opinion is who wants F15... can find plenty on blue and they can also win. Is not a lack of F15 or little gimmik Gazelle for red.

You bring up a very important point regarding communication/organization.

People like to bring up numbers like its predetermined that the team with higher numbers wins, but they fail to understand that that number does not represent only fighters.

The team with higher numbers does play offensively (because hey there is more of us!) but offense requires a certain amount of strikers, helos plus fighters who are available at the start of the push and fighters who are available to relieve them when they are low on fuel or ordnance. This requires major coordination and timing of assets on the team that is pushing, which becomes worse the further away the AO is. The more time goes for coordinating assets and reaching the target area, the more time the defending team has to dig in with SAMs at the suspected target and this requires the tasking of more strikers.

Basically you need to create an air tasking cycle and orders to keep the group organized and this is not possible without a GCI (this is more of an AOC/CRC/AWACS role really) who understand aerial warfare.

Also this type of coordination would be almost impossible without proper communication tools like SimpleRadio even though some people claim TeamSpeak still being superior.

Edited by levanoga

Same old story isnt it, Id like to see blueflag stripped back to round 1 to 3 simple fun and enjoyable, Id like to see the odds on blue vs red back then to now. Only way and it happens in real life also is to put F-15 on blue and red, A10C blue and red Huey blue and red and su25t blue and red, Its the only way to balance the server, This is just an example, Deffo bring back round one. First 3 rounds sometimes red had way more players then blue, And red did have communication.

I think a lot of players are on Blue just for the F15 and A10. Seeing that the M2000 is on red too and that red has been taking a pounding, I may move to red next round, however, their lack of SRS usage is offputting, which is why I haven't done that yet.

Su-25T already is in both teams. :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Is there any way to turn off radio sound effect for SRS?

these?

lYRWkPC.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

This! I chose REDFOR once and never even contemplated choosing them again because of exactly this reason. Usually no one was on comms except for at a few occasions, and then they rarely spoke English.

Only way and it happens in real life also is to put F-15 on blue and red, A10C blue and red Huey blue and red and su25t blue and red, Its the only way to balance the server

A better solution would be not to make western and eastern aircraft side specific. Red has Su-25, F-15, Huey, while blue has A-10, Su-27, Mi-8, etc. (just an example to illustrate my point.). And if you choose to do that, you should also swap colors for the teams (green vs orange for example), so there is no red vs blue divide. Even if you don't like this idea, it will probably have to happen sooner or later if you think about the amount of western aircrafts that are currently being done compared to their eastern counterparts. Hell, when the F/A-18C is released BLUEFOR is going to have an insane advantage in both A-A and A-G capabilities unless some form of balancing is done.

What I don't want is all aircraft on both sides because then it becomes a pain to ID friends and foes, not to mention trying to visually identify enemy aircrafts by the roundels alone (You'll be within gun parameters before you can spot the difference between an USAF and an IAF/Aggressor F-15). If you get a spike on your RWR you will never know whether you should be worried or if it's a buddy spike. Lastly neither team will have any strengths nor weaknesses since they're identical, which IMO makes for dull gameplay. I might as well play on the 104th then.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Yesterday, in the red channel came Хcom and asked for fair play not to place troops on the airfield of takeoff. For fair play......

Until this came up I didn't realize you could land troops on a friendly base.

If I recall there's already checks in place where you cannot deploy a stinger equipped soldier or a radar SAM system within ~7 miles (can't recall exactly) of a friendly airfield/FARP. I'm surprised this enforcement wasn't put in for troops as well. Maybe it was overlooked because the developers probably didn't anticipate pilots using them in that way (deploying at the airfield/FARP they were loaded at) simply to increase the difficulty for the opposing team to capture their base.

If they can duplicate the restrictions currently on helo deployment of air defenses (stinger/radar SAM systems) with troops, that would solve this issue/loophole.

However, I do sort of like the idea of having some troops at each airbase/FARP as part of the objects that need to be destroyed to capture it - just not something that can be altered/added to via helo's with this loophole.

Edit - or maybe allow troops to be transported to a friendly airbase or FARP, just not the one they took off from.

Edited by 609_Relentov

Yep Mirage 530D is already in no-escape zone when R-27R is just at max launch range... Pls give us ER...

Yep Mirage 530D is already in no-escape zone when R-27R is just at max launch range... Pls give us ER...

That is some next level hyperbole, I completely agree that the Super530D outclasses the r27r by a lot, but plox. Technically your statement is very wrong.

But again r73 and r27t outclass the Mirages armament by simply beeing a category it doesnt have. If you get launched on by a Super530 just notch ot go cold. I loose like 40%+ of missiles to notches. Dont try to outmaneuver it. Simply dont.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Red has Mirages, same as blue has. Blue does not have russian stuff that can launch ER or ET's.. (red already has, from carriers on SU-33's). You need even more advantage?

That is some next level hyperbole, I completely agree that the . If you get launched on by a Super530 just notch ot go cold. I loose like 40%+ of missiles to notches. Dont try to outmaneuver it. Simply dont.

Not that hard to outmaneuver if your know its limitations. The 530 has some very powerfull trust, but it only last seconds. So just change your direction a few times after it has run out of fuel and you will be fine.

Example: (watch from 1:10)

Can we not have the datalink for the Su-27 enabled?

Honestly, given the odds stay that bad, yes please !

@crashO

Well he launched from subsonic, which means he was even further from optimum range then you were.

Obviously that is defendable.

I just never launch over optimum range :D. I had people try in squad training for hours, against a medium to low altitude launched Super530d within optimum range

one has pretty bad chances of defeating it kinetically, especially in comparison to memes like the r27 and aim7 which just basically stall of the rail ;D.

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?