M-2000C Mid-life Overhaul

Zeus67

Ground cluttering for low PRF mode will be implemented.

Better Jamming behavior and terrain return as well.

But ground obstacle visualization? No. The current DCS radar does not support that. The DCS radar is walking a very thin tightrope between functionality and FPS count. Ground visualization is very detrimental to FPS count, same drop like the AV-8B NA when it had all its video displays working at the same time.

Um, HB did it, so did the community A-4E team, so it's totally possible and both the AJS-37 and the A-4E have really good performance.

EDIT: Changed A-6E for A-4E

Edited by toilet2000

Um, HB did it, so did the community A-6E team, so it's totally possible and both the AJS-37 and the A-6E have really good performance.

I think you meant A-4 mod, right ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Are we getting an overhaul today?

Not yet. We are working on the HUD/PCA interaction and Master Modes selection.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Ground cluttering for low PRF mode will be implemented.

Better Jamming behavior and terrain return as well.

But ground obstacle visualization? No. The current DCS radar does not support that. The DCS radar is walking a very thin tightrope between functionality and FPS count. Ground visualization is very detrimental to FPS count, same drop like the AV-8B NA when it had all its video displays working at the same time.

Thanks for those updates.

May I ask you if this new update will implement HOJ capabilities?

I don't know anything about the real RDM / RDI radars, but I found old manuals for Cyrano IV and for Mirage IIIO with Cyrano II. On both types I found a section talking about Home on Jam capabilities for the old R530 and the Super530F.

I guess the RDM/RDI and later models kept this capacity.

One more time, thanks a lot.

Alex

We have a few cosmetic changes in the open beta update.

I'm curious of the "new instrument animation process", does that mean that the switches will "move" to position (like in the F/A-18C) and not "snap" like it is currently ?

Thanks for the heads-up on what you are working on. When and if you have time, could you tell us how the updated systems will work ?

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

The major changes in the HUD/PCA interacion, which includes Master Modes are as follows:

There are Four Master Modes:

• Ground: Automatically selected when the aircraft is Weight-On-Wheels
  • NAV: Default mode, automatically selected when the aircraft is off the ground. It has three submodes: Normal, Approach (APP) and TD/RD.
  • AA: (Air Attack mode) which can be selected via HOTAS and PCA. It has four submodes: CAN (HOTAS), MAGIC (HOTAS), S530D (PCA) and POL (PCA).
  • AG (Ground Attack mode) which is selected via HOTAS. All AG weapons are selected via PCA but system remains in NAV until AG is enabled via HOTAS. It has five submodes: CAN, BL, BF, EF and RKT.

The AA CAN (guns) and MAGIC modes are a special setting. The aircraft is in self-defense mode and the radar is set to ACTIVE mode if it is in SIL.

AA guns and MAGIC missiles can only be selected via HOTAS and not by PCA. MAGIC button in the PCA changes MAGIC seeker search patterns, but do not select the missile.

Using the Special Modes switch will also place the aircraft in Self-defense mode and activate the radar if it is in SIL.

This behavior is completely different as to how it is currently coded, so it requires MAJOR rewrite.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

The major changes in the HUD/PCA interacion, which includes Master Modes are as follows:

There are Four Master Modes:

• Ground: Automatically selected when the aircraft is Weight-On-Wheels
  • NAV: Default mode, automatically selected when the aircraft is off the ground. It has three submodes: Normal, Approach (APP) and TD/RD.
  • AA: (Air Attack mode) which can be selected via HOTAS and PCA. It has four submodes: CAN (HOTAS), MAGIC (HOTAS), S530D (PCA) and POL (PCA).
  • AG (Ground Attack mode) which is selected via HOTAS. All AG weapons are selected via PCA but system remains in NAV until AG is enabled via HOTAS. It has five submodes: CAN, BL, BF, EF and RKT.

The AA CAN (guns) and MAGIC modes are a special setting. The aircraft is in self-defense mode and the radar is set to ACTIVE mode if it is in SIL.

AA guns and MAGIC missiles can only be selected via HOTAS and not by PCA. MAGIC button in the PCA changes MAGIC seeker search patterns, but do not select the missile.

Using the Special Modes switch will also place the aircraft in Self-defense mode and activate the radar if it is in SIL.

This behavior is completely different as to how it is currently coded, so it requires MAJOR rewrite.

That's very interesting thanks.

I didn't know that the AA CAN and MAGIC HOTAS select would activate the radar.

The above means that the HUD can be in NAV with the master arm on ?

I'm curious about how the RD would work, did you get some info on it from the AdA ?

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

how about the MAV mode for magics ?

It's the very no well explained/detailed "MAGIC button in the PCA changes MAGIC seeker search patterns, but do not select the missile." sentence.

To me this quote is wrong as I have explained to you on another thread. But let Razbam do what they can with the information they have.

By the way Zeus67, in the last update, all the button animation is nice but way to slow and there is something wrong with all the knobs. For instance, when you are in TR/VS on the PCN and want to go to the position next to its left (DV/FV) the knob does all the trip around in the other direction before stoping on DV/FV.

It's the same with radio channels and any wheel with numbers on it.

Please test you stuff before releasing.

It's the very no well explained/detailed "MAGIC button in the PCA changes MAGIC seeker search patterns, but do not select the missile." sentence.

To me this quote is wrong as I have explained to you on another thread. But let Razbam do what they can with the information they have.

Since their info comes from the AdA, I will take Zeus word on it.

By the way Zeus67, in the last update, all the button animation is nice but way to slow and there is something wrong with all the knobs. For instance, when you are in TR/VS on the PCN and want to go to the position next to its left (DV/FV) the knob does all the trip around in the other direction before stoping on DV/FV.

It's the same with radio channels and any wheel with numbers on it.

You are on the wrong thread, this would need a bug report in the appropriate section. Nothing against the bug report, I just want to stay on topic :).

Please test you stuff before releasing.

A bug on open beta ! How can it be !

Edit : Bug reports have already been posted

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

Since their info comes from the AdA, I will take Zeus word on it.

If I am telling you how it is going to work, it is because the pilots of the real aircraft have shown us how it should work. This time there is no guess work on system behavior.

The AdA needs that the DCS aircraft behaves as the real one. That is why they are helping us.

If anybody feels that I am wrong, please PM me with you M-2000C qualifications so I can bring your misgivings to our contacts at the AdA. I am sorry, but this time "I have read the manual/brochure" does not cut it.

@zeus Hi, is the VTH symbology going to be corrected, and is there any chances the nails appearing in the DA be scaled down so that contacts are not superposed ?

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K

If I am telling you how it is going to work, it is because the pilots of the real aircraft have shown us how it should work. This time there is no guess work on system behavior.

The AdA needs that the DCS aircraft behaves as the real one. That is why they are helping us.

If anybody feels that I am wrong, please PM me with you M-2000C qualifications so I can bring your misgivings to our contacts at the AdA. I am sorry, but this time "I have read the manual/brochure" does not cut it.

I think this should close the discussion. :)

It's great that you were able to get info from the AdA on this aircraft. My main concern was exactly that info on the Mirage has always been very limited, and so having a simulated Mirage was always going to be a matter of guesswork. I have to say you did a pretty good job so far, but this direct contact with the AdA really means we get a true DCS level Mirage 2000. This is going to be a truly great module, can't wait for the updates :thumbup::thumbup:

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Great news. The Mirage2000 is probably my biggest fav in the game and was my first real module besides FC3 (Reminds me of the Eurofighter due to its shape - So with a bit of phantasy you could say I fly a eurofighter typhoon)

But one question aside... What does AdA stand for? :)

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

@zeus Hi, is the VTH symbology going to be corrected, and is there any chances the nails appearing in the DA be scaled down so that contacts are not superposed ?

Yes. VTH symbology will be corrected as well. Right now it is a mix of C and -5.

I think he asked about the DA/RWR/SERVAL.

Did the AdA gave you the VTH PRED/CCLT switch functionality too ?

No, they will not provide specifics about DA/RWR/SERVAL, since those are classified. They only provided the icons used and gave me a code list for threats. This code list does not correspond with the true one used by the AdA.

All Electronic Warfare systems are classified and they cannot share information on them.

i was specifically requesting about the icon size currently implemented. they are too big and the DA is quickly cluttered.

on the real aircraft the icons are smaller in size.

Win10 x64, Intel core I9 9900k@5ghz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080 ti, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mobo, M.2 SSD, Warthog HOTAS, home made trackIr, Pimax 8K