VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

@Tundra for Steam can you try with unchecking the ob flag per @Theseus' suggestion some 5 posts back.

We will see I will try tonight

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

@funkyfranky

I have the same problem - a was getting the "listening is suspended" two times, and normal recognition when game paused.

I think the reason in latest openbeta dcs update, because VA\Vaicom works good with stable version dcs, but issue comes back in openbeta. I found some working "fix" which works with steam version dcs:

1 / delete all vaicom files (I saved only vaicom profile in VA), reinstal VA and vaicom, update dcs to stable version (option: opt out all of all beta programs), launch VA\Vaicom and set path to DCS folder in steam directory in vaicom config tab. Restart VA with admin rights - everything should work.

2/ update dcs to openbeta, but NOT set "ob" checkbox in vaiciom config tab - if I check it, I get all issues back

I have no idea why this works, but it works in my case.

I've got the same issue. When game is paused everything works, but after pause I press PTT and this occours:

9:36:52.663 Listening suspended
9:36:52.634 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'
9:36:51.898 Listening suspended
9:36:51.863 Nearest ATC: FARP.
9:36:51.863 Player *** entered module KA-50 BlackShark, unit callsign 251
9:36:51.863 DCS mission | Deployment07
9:36:51.863 ------------------------------------------
9:36:51.649 Listening resumed

If menu is opened it works. Closing it shows up the problem again. :(

Maybe a conflict with the new Voice Chat function in DCS?

Edited by kaltokri

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

I've got the same issue.

Ah, good to know that I'm not the only one and it's apparently not something at my end.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Thanks people

OK Just to repeat: none of this has been reproducible, on the reference test system things are working perfectly atm.

Plugin version 2.5.13, VA 1.8.2, smooth sailing on all DCS versions with all tested missions and modules.

So, I will need more specifics on the specific settings/configs which make this effect apparently occur on some systems.

Voice Chat settings seem to make no difference here, but feel free to confirm and look for your magic setting - any further clues are appreciated especially links to dcs.log.

Also reports of having no issues are helpful btw.

Prerequisites:

If you run third party stuff make sure they're all up-to-date i.e. SRS 1.7.1.2, SSA 1.3.8.0 / Sound Module 2.12, TacView 1.8.1.

To test disable all mods and you might try removing your DCS.openbeta folder from Saved Games to clear any cached DCS settings (make a backup first).

If you're on STEAM do NOT select the ob flag with the Custom Path because whereas regular DCS ob uses the DCS.openbeta folder

in Saved Games, the STEAM openbeta version - wait for it..- does not. Long live consistency hey..*sighs*

Obviously all the usual (VA runs as admin etc., adequate folder R/W access etc.) applies.

Looking forward to your inputs! Let's see if we can Sherlock this down.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Looking forward to your inputs! Let's see if we can Sherlock this down.

Here is is the dcs.log and VAICOM.log. No mods, export.lua clean except VAICOM of course.

Tested with Hornet instant action mission "Ready on the Ramp".

Problem only occurs when in the aircraft and unpaused. I tried to pause and got the usual working result.

Logs.zip

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

++ openbeta resolution ++

@all Preliminary results with Franky suggest that the problem indeed originates in the Saved Games folder. Current DCS openbeta can seemingly corrupt data in some cases.

If you have issues, removing DCS.openbeta folder (DCS folder for STEAM) (make a backup first) will clear data and bring things back to normal.

Grtz

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@all Preliminary results with Franky suggest that the problem indeed originates in the Saved Games folder. Current DCS openbeta can seemingly corrupt data in some cases. If you have issues, removing DCS.openbeta folder (make a backup first) will clear data and bring things back to normal.

Grtz

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

That´s interesting, thanks for your input.

Last night with the changes you suggested, I got the voice commands recognized on VA screen, but again no module recognized on VAICOM settings tab, and no effect on DCS.

I will continue looking till the weekend, when a fresh install will happen, pdf manual by my side.

Thanks!

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Tried removing DCS.openbeta, but nothing happened

The main thing that fixed my problem was complete cleaning of saved game/dcs open beta folder (but make a copy first, so you can return later your input config etc)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

@all Preliminary results with Franky suggest that the problem indeed originates in the Saved Games folder. Current DCS openbeta can seemingly corrupt data in some cases. If you have issues, removing DCS.openbeta folder (make a backup first) will clear data and bring things back to normal.

Yeah, as Hollywood said. Yesterday, I renamed by Saved Games/DCS OpenBeta folder and let DCS create a new one from scratch. Running VAICOM and DCS then worked. So the problem seems to be somewhere in that folder.

I have not yet had time to step-by-step move things from my backup to the new folder. So I have no idea what exactly is the culprit.

Yeah, as Hollywood said. Yesterday, I renamed by Saved Games/DCS OpenBeta folder and let DCS create a new one from scratch. Running VAICOM and DCS then worked. So the problem seems to be somewhere in that folder.

I have not yet had time to step-by-step move things from my backup to the new folder. So I have no idea what exactly is the culprit.

+1

This worked for me, too. :thumbup:

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

Please inform about the culprit when you have it, because I don't want to loose all the progress I have.

BUT I think it is not only because a saved games folder issue. When there are a good number of users with the same problem and the new beta, then, maybe the culprit is the new beta... or something that makes uncompatible with Vaicom.

I hope it can be found because I don't want to loose precious data stored in the saved games folder.

Please inform about the culprit when you have it, because I don't want to loose all the progress I have.

BUT I think it is not only because a saved games folder issue. When there are a good number of users with the same problem and the new beta, then, maybe the culprit is the new beta... or something that makes uncompatible with Vaicom.

I hope it can be found because I don't want to loose precious data stored in the saved games folder.

I had a problem with DCS unrelated to Vaicom which I was only able to clear "deleting" my saved game folder.

But I didn't exactly delete it. I moved it and then moved it back by parts, testing to see if the problem returned. A bit time consuming, but I also didn't want to lose all my settings. The problem never came back, but then again I didn't copy everything back. I left out outdated controls and other things I knew to be unecessary, or needless to ovewrite what was newly created. So I didn't pinpoint the culpit but problem was solved and I kept all my important settings.

I am having a desync issue with rioai and jester in the F-14. When I ask jester to go standby, then have him do anything with the radar [easiest is scan range - ] then have him go active again he acknowledges the command and then proceeds to do nothing. Sorry if this has been covered before just makes nose cold fighting difficult to keep track of.

+1

This worked for me, too. :thumbup:

Problem is back again.

I've create a fresh "Saved Games\DCS.openbeta" folder and copied my config, missions and logbook back. For one DCS start it worked. But today I've got the same problem again.

But only in the OpenBeta. With Stable it work without any problem. :helpsmilie:

PS: If I use my profile without importing VAICOM VA works also as expected.

Edited by kaltokri