MFCD for Android tablets (phones)

colo

DCSpanelsServer version BETA 0.3 is available - you can download it from http://www.lumatek.sk

Please use this version instead of 0.2 (0.2 is buggy version which don't run correctly)

In 0.3 there is also added support for second MFCD display keypresses, please update your keys in DCS, you can download new keys PDF template and new keys LUA file from http://www.lumatek.sk

Please note that for using second MFCD keys - version DCSpanelsClient BETA 0.3 is required (DCSpanelsClient 0.1a will show second MFCD but will always send keypresses for first MFCD).

I have not released DCSpanelsClient BETA 0.3 version on Google play yet, it will be relased probably on Monday.

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colo,

Is it possible to use the DCS panels with Virtual Machine running Android on Windows XP laptop?

I have VM with Android 4.1 running, but unfortunately I can´t install the DCSpanels client to it from Google Play. Is anywhere available DCSpanelsClient to download so I could install it manually?

Thanks a lot in advance

Hi,

i have not tested it on VM but

I don't understand why you would like to run in under Windows XP - do you have touchscreen ?

If this is the reason I can compile DCSpanelsClient for Windows which will run naturally here under Java

Colo,

Is it possible to use the DCS panels with Virtual Machine running Android on Windows XP laptop?

I have VM with Android 4.1 running, but unfortunately I can´t install the DCSpanels client to it from Google Play. Is anywhere available DCSpanelsClient to download so I could install it manually?

Thanks a lot in advance

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

Colo,

Thank you for this awesome program. I have a Nexus 10 and have installed the software. I may have missed something though, I am unable to view but only 1 MFD at a time and cannot get the CDU to come up unless I kill the program on the system and the tablet and change my port number ...is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks,

Spadje

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR 4, MSI Ventus 2070 Super, Samsung 970 M.2 NVMe, WD Blue 512GB SSD, TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Acer AH101 WMR

Hi Lubos,

updated to beta 0.4, but the "offset-issue" for the CDU is still present...for example i have to press "A" to get a "G" and so on...

Funny thing about my Acer A200:

Acer specs say 1280x800 pixel for native display resolution, but inside your app it says 1176x800 ?!?

Greets

Andreas

Currently if you upgrade to version BETA 0.4 you can select only left or right MFCD on one tablet. Support for both MFCDs on one tablet is not yet implemented. Also the program is still dumb, if you lost connection you must kill programs as you describet. I will try to improve this but have little time sorry

Colo,

Thank you for this awesome program. I have a Nexus 10 and have installed the software. I may have missed something though, I am unable to view but only 1 MFD at a time and cannot get the CDU to come up unless I kill the program on the system and the tablet and change my port number ...is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks,

Spadje

Hi Andreas,

unfortunately yes, there is still offset, I have bought new tablet with another screen ratio so in near future i will fix this issue cause I have device on which I have test it now. Please be patient

Cheers

Lubos

Hi Lubos,

updated to beta 0.4, but the "offset-issue" for the CDU is still present...for example i have to press "A" to get a "G" and so on...

Funny thing about my Acer A200:

Acer specs say 1280x800 pixel for native display resolution, but inside your app it says 1176x800 ?!?

Greets

Andreas

Yeah I did upgrade and have the choice of left of right MFD now, however, if I click right it shows left because the only port that is set in the software right now is 13267 and when it connects it shows that is the port it is set on. Am I supposed to enter multiple ports in the network settings of the app?

Thanks again for all the hard work.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 64GB DDR 4, MSI Ventus 2070 Super, Samsung 970 M.2 NVMe, WD Blue 512GB SSD, TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Acer AH101 WMR

Version 0.4 BETA

Hi,

please upgrade to version BETA 0.4 both server and client. It has speed and lag improvement also on devices with worse hardware.

PLEASE NOTE THESE VERSIONS ARE STILL BETA AND BUGGY.

I HAVE RECEIVED NO MONEY FOR THIS, IT IS COMPLETELY BUILD ON MY SPARE TIME SO PLEASE BE PATIENT.

You must set up coordinates and port on server.

Then you can select on tablet to which port you want to connect.

Yeah I did upgrade and have the choice of left of right MFD now, however, if I click right it shows left because the only port that is set in the software right now is 13267 and when it connects it shows that is the port it is set on. Am I supposed to enter multiple ports in the network settings of the app?

Thanks again for all the hard work.

I understand Colo, I was just wanting to know if I need to add multiple ports on the app side or if I need to change the port manually when I want to switch to CDU or different MFDs. No hurry on my side, willing to help if needed.

Thanks again. :)

EDIT: After uninstalling and reinstalling everything works beautifully, just have to change the ports manually, will definitely chip in some money, testing and anything else :)

Thanks,

Edited by Spadje

Hi,

i have not tested it on VM but

I don't understand why you would like to run in under Windows XP - do you have touchscreen ?

If this is the reason I can compile DCSpanelsClient for Windows which will run naturally here under Java

Yes, I have old tablet with XP.

It would be fantastic if I could use it for MFCD. May be more people would apreciate it, tablets or notebooks with touch screen on Windows are pretty common.

But I really do not want to push. You have done already great job!!!

Interesting, maybe it will be useful also on touch monitors. So, I will make also Windows client.

May be more people would apreciate it, tablets or notebooks with touch screen on Windows are pretty common.!

many thanks, i was rly eager to have a mfd display on my tablet. gonna try it and let ya know how it works. i have a asus tf300

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

I desperately tried to get this beta to work on my rig but I guess I'm not getting it. I've done everything as instructed I believe.

May be a dumb question but does the PC running the game need to be hard connected to the internet? Or can it be connected via wifi like the tablet?

[sIGPIC]DropDeadGorgeous.jpg[/sIGPIC]

No internet connection is neccesarry local LAN is enough Don't remebmer to turn off firewall on server ports which you use for sending instruments on your PC

I desperately tried to get this beta to work on my rig but I guess I'm not getting it. I've done everything as instructed I believe.

May be a dumb question but does the PC running the game need to be hard connected to the internet? Or can it be connected via wifi like the tablet?

No internet connection is neccesarry local LAN is enough Don't remebmer to turn off firewall on server ports which you use for sending instruments on your PC

Again sorry for the stupid question but I'm not network savvy. I have my gaming PC and monitor... a second monitor which I've extended my desktop with (if that's what I'm supposed to do lol) and my tablet with a wifi connection. I've gone to my wife's PC which is hard connected to our modem and router and port forwarded the three ports 13267-13269 but when I start the Java program and press start it says it's waiting on the ports? The app on the tablet just force closes. I don't see any screen layouts on my second monitor either...

How do you connect your tablet to your gaming rig via local LAN? Cause what I'm doing ain't working lol

Edited by hattrick

Application DCSpanelsServer is just sending instruments from your second monitor to tablet, so you must export 2 MFCDs and CDU on your second PC monitor first. (if you dont know how read DCS forums)

!!! You must have instruments displayed on your PC monitor, DCSpanelsServer dont send instruments pictures directly from game !!!

Then:

1.start DCSpanelsServer on your PC where you play DCS sim

2. enter coordinates in DCSpanelsServer of MFCDs and CDU and press START

3. then on your tablet start DCSpanelsClient, go to network settings here and enter local LAN IP of your PC where DCSpanelsServer is running (you can read your local IP in DCSpanelsServer status window)

4. on tablet choose instrument which you want and press Start button

5. launch DCS sim

You must also have added keyboard mappings in your DCS sim - for more info and downloads read instructions on www.lumatek.sk

Again sorry for the stupid question but I'm not network savvy. I have my gaming PC and monitor... a second monitor which I've extended my desktop with (if that's what I'm supposed to do lol) and my tablet with a wifi connection. I've gone to my wife's PC which is hard connected to our modem and router and port forwarded the three ports 13267-13269 but when I start the Java program and press start it says it's waiting on the ports? The app on the tablet just force closes. I don't see any screen layouts on my second monitor either...

How do you connect your tablet to your gaming rig via local LAN? Cause what I'm doing ain't working lol

Edited by colo

Spadje, yes my windows firewall is off so that shouldn't be the issue. I think its the fact that my 2nd monitor isn't displaying the two MFCD's or CDU at all.

Colo, I will try your instructions when I get home this weekend, thank you for clarifying some of the steps. I definitely need to figure out the proper way to export the the MFCD's and CDU to second monitor. Once I figure that out it should work.

Thanks for replies guys!

Spadje, yes my windows firewall is off so that shouldn't be the issue. I think its the fact that my 2nd monitor isn't displaying the two MFCD's or CDU at all.

Colo, I will try your instructions when I get home this weekend, thank you for clarifying some of the steps. I definitely need to figure out the proper way to export the the MFCD's and CDU to second monitor. Once I figure that out it should work.

Thanks for replies guys!

Here is what I use to export my mfd's and other things

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=71831&highlight=EMC