reduced FOV on RIFT CV1

FoxDelta

today i updated DCS and instantly recognized that there is now kind of REDUCED FOV on both eyes

screens are not fully used anymore!!

in the part of overlapping eyeview i can now recognise that there is kind of dark halo around the screens when both eyes opened

is this the mentioned VR tweak?

if so please give us the option to adjust this, for me its annoying to have a reduced FOV, and its reducing the feeling of immersion as well

other than that performance seems to be a little bit better

PLZ, if its intentionally, give us the option to disable this REDUCED FOV feature/bug

THX

Edited by FoxDelta

so after an hour in the forum i found the masksize setting,

in the shader mod post it was a topic over and over, why the hell is ED implementing it when its known that 0.6 is a value most rift users are not confident with?

to all rift users on OB , u may change your masksize to 0.67

BR

in the shader mod post it was a topic over and over, why the hell is ED implementing it when its known that 0.6 is a value most rift users are not confident with?

BR

Ahaa, I thought what was different. Thank you... :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Not sure I understand what is going on here. Personally, I dont see any difference in FOV, or any black borders (OB updated yesterday). Is this in relation to the VR Shader mod, or without the VR Shader mod? Im not using the VR Shader mod. Did back in the day, but due to it not passing IC, I stopped using it. There I had to change the mask size though.

And where would that mask size be hidden? Without the VR Shader mod installed, I dont have the _HMD.hlsl file.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

i do see a difference, it might depend on your sweet spot and your eye distance, the farer the more u see it

masksize seems to be the solution but haven t found the corresponding file yet

strange thing here, i now don t see a difference anymore

looks like deleting fxo metashaders, starting a mission , cancelling and restarting the PC and loading dcs again did solve it ,

i don t know why, but who cares

delete this thread ply

BR

Don't blame ED, the shader mod is a user made file.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

If you install mods, always remove them before updating, run the unmodded DCS World at least once, check for bugs and only then start to reintroduce mods.

You will never be able to submit accurate bug reports with ANY mods included in your DCS World build.

All mods will do is make real bugs harder to find and much much harder for ED to replicate and fix. In short, they waste everyone's time effort and patience.

I'm not making accusations here, but if the cap fits...