AI Aircraft

WeakLink

I wish they could put a command in for AI aircraft where you can tell them to drop tanks, if there is one in the radio commands I'm not seeing it. I scheduled a two ship to a strike, give the guy 3 tanks of gas and 1 minute to Pre-IP I get a BINGO fuel call from my wingman. I make it on two tanks and make six or seven attacks and still make it back 300 lbs above BINGO because I had to strike his TGTs too, but he just can't hack it.

How do Ai's manage there fuel needs a look or to they just seem to burn to much fuel. Having the drop tank command would help lead to maybe manage fuel better. We got the jettison weapons, what about a a./b. option with in the command, a. drop tanks/ (or) b. jettison weapons. I know the F keys are pretty filled up but maybe they can double up a few commands. Hell it might be in there (radio commands I mean) I never tried more than a wingman (SP).

They like to use full afterburner to catch up with you. If you're taking off from an airfield or the carrier, throttle back a bit so they can catch up before you go into the higher throttle ranges.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Well after T/O I do slow down and in fact I use turn short for mission timing, on top of that there are two long legs of approx. 100 miles long where speed slows to 250 KCAS, @ 17,000 I would think that would cover his fuel burn but, have not seen any improvement in reaching TGT area. There is a low level entry to TGT but again a 300 KCAS airspeed, I still think a drop tanks call might help with drag experienced in the AI ('s) walking distance.

Well after T/O I do slow down and in fact I use turn short for mission timing, on top of that there are two long legs of approx. 100 miles long where speed slows to 250 KCAS, @ 17,000 I would think that would cover his fuel burn but, have not seen any improvement in reaching TGT area. There is a low level entry to TGT but again a 300 KCAS airspeed, I still think a drop tanks call might help with drag experienced in the AI ('s) walking distance.

There is an option if you dig down into the waypoint options to “limit afterburner use” or something similar which may be helpful. At least then they will catch up in dry power instead of using max burner lol. It’s in the same area where you set ROE and responce to threats etc #expertmissionplanner ;)

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.