Afterburner detent

Still an issue since the original Lock On.

There has to be a way to setup the spot on the throttle axis for the afterburner that lines up with your throttle detent. Right now with my X-65 throttle the afterburner for all aircraft kicks in just a few degrees before my detent.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Set a curve and /or saturation i think is the only way afaik.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 9 months later...
Set a curve and /or saturation i think is the only way afaik.

I read this with a forum search as well but that is somewhat laborious...is there an easier way?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

• 6 months later...

Bumping as this is really an issue. Using curves messes up with linearity of the throttle. Use a curve to line up afterburner with the detent then you have a flat spot of 100% throttle leading up to the detent.

We need a way to tell the SIM this is my detent so there is linearity up to it and after it for afterburner stages.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Bumping as this is really an issue. Using curves messes up with linearity of the throttle. Use a curve to line up afterburner with the detent then you have a flat spot of 100% throttle leading up to the detent.

We need a way to tell the SIM this is my detent so there is linearity up to it and after it for afterburner stages.

Got to agree. I've managed to work with this until last weekend and the arrival of the Viggen; that three stage afterburner is a great annoyance with its first stage being right before the first AB detent of my TM Cougar and the second and third being somewhere between first and second detent :/

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Three years after the original post.. Just wondering here:

there's still no way to get the user definable detent unlike Falcon BMS?

Haven't been flying in DCS for a while, but last time I flew the Hornet it was really annoying to enable the A/B accidentally over and over again.

Edited by PeCa_Chuck

My method is to set the throttle axis to slider, then adjust the dead zone so when the throttle is hard up against the detent for the afterburner the red dots sit on each other. This should give an almost perfect military power setting - it can be adjusted a little after you have checked it is correct in the game.

You will need to do this for all aircraft, so they all get military power without crossing the detent for the afterburners.

I have been doing it this way for years, and it works seamlessly once set up, and that doesn't take long.

Three years after the original post.. Just wondering here:

there's still no way to get the user definable detent unlike Falcon BMS?

I defined my own custom throttle curve, for using with my TM Cougar, and it works well .. I've a linear response on the military thrust range, that start just after the IDLE detent and stops at the AB detent, like this:

G4tLV6r.jpg

perhaps you could give it a try.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for the advices. I appreciate it.

Honestly, that is not the ideal method for me 'coz I don't wanna touch the axis curve just like DayGlow have mentioned in the post above.

It doesn't make sense this simulator does not have the dedicated function as part of controller setting after many years with the bunch of fighter jet add-ons.

Anyway, I'll try it for sure.

Edited by PeCa_Chuck