Gone missing: HID-Compliant Touchscreen Device

I've seen lots of people on the interwebs talking about this problem (but have yet to find a solution that works for me), so I'm guessing some DCS touchscreen and/or Helios/Ikarus user may have had it too...

Having finally decided to jump on the Helios train, I bought an HP e230t 23" touchscreen to use as an interactive cockpit below my main monitor. It was only giving me "limited touchscreen capability" even with new drivers, and I saw there was a firmware update available for this monitor, so...

Not only did the firmware not give me full capability, it nuked the "HID-Compliant Touchscreen Device" line from Device Manager, and all touch capability went with it. And no amount of uninstalling drivers, reinstalling drivers, deleting ghost drivers, cleaning out registry keys, updating Windows or even reverting to a pre-monitor-installation Windows state has brought it back.

HP tech support began by suggesting that -- I kid you not -- I confirm that I had actually bought a touchscreen, and then that I try... wait for it... cleaning off my screen.

You know that feeling when the KA-50 autopilot sends you spiralling into the ground for the third time and you can't figure out why? Yeah. So if anyone can help me solve this problem, I promise to write to the Vatican and nominate you for sainthood. Thanks!

have you tried this utility here. it will read the EDID of the touch screen you can then save the INF file (a driver for your monitor) and put it back on in device manager..

It is called a EDID hack.. it should work if you need help with it let me know:

https://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/moninfo.shtm

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

My only idea was "usbdeview".

It will list all past and present USB devices and let you clean those.

It takes 5min and it's free. Give it a go, maybe it helps.

Yeah, what a great help from HP.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Thank you both! I'll give these both a try.

here check this out might be your issue:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=264851

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Thanks again, but unfortunately that's one of the fixes I've already tried. I'll try the EDID hack and USBdeview tonight though.

OK well it was worth posting too bad it did not work for you. Hopefully one of the other suggestions will work keep us posted..