Include A-4E into DCS

D4n

There's this awesome mod, please include it into DCS!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3692003#post3692003

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Since ED is moving away from SFM modules it is very unlikely.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

as long as it doens't feel like flying-on-rails I'm ok with it

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I'm fairly sure that that wouldn't be as easy as a lot of people think, not entirely from a technical and quality control point of view, but rather for legal reasons.

A mod that is made by members of a community in their spare time and for no profit is okay-ish (it could face challenges, but it's in a bit of a grey area and chances are it flies under the radar), but a simulation of an aircraft that is included in a commercial simulator - in other words: somebody (ED) aims to turn a profit with it - does need a licence or at least a proper permission from the company owning the rights to it.

I wish they would just add the 3d model with SFM as AI, similar to other models someone doesn't own.

That would mean servers can enable it for players who use it, and players who don't, would see the correct 3d model.... I would love to use the A-4 on the BF servers...

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Well what Kang said, plus it'd need more work since it'd really need an ASM/PFM. Which, again, would probably raise a question of having to charge for it later...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Before ED can decide about that, the devs of the A-4 would have to actually want to make this a true DCS module. I don't know if they want that.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes, The A-4 devs need formalise has official 3rd party and get licensing. That is not ED work.
I hope "get licensing" isn't that hard.

sent from Moto G5 using Tapatalk

I hope "get licensing" isn't that hard.

They need to want one and apply for that in the first place. I'm not sure if they want to.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

They need to want one and apply for that in the first place. I'm not sure if they want to.
Can't think of a single reason why sb. wouldn't want to receive a license by ED.

Can't think of a single reason why sb. wouldn't want to receive a license by ED.

This:

Contracts usually do carry obligations.

Tornado3 small.jpg

#1 The mod makers themselves said it isn't module ready, and

they don't have the SDK.

#2 They said they don't want to.

#3 It's not up to 'the community' and is none of their business

#4 It is not up to ED.

#5 People keep making retarded threads like this even though the developers themselves have shot it down multiple times. Read the mod's OP. Read the numerous posts they've made on this topic. It will not happen.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

#1 The mod makers themselves said it isn't module ready, and

they don't have the SDK.

#2 They said they don't want to.

#3 It's not up to 'the community' and is none of their business

#4 It is not up to ED.

#5 People keep making retarded threads like this even though the developers themselves have shot it down multiple times. Read the mod's OP. Read the numerous posts they've made on this topic. It will not happen.

Did they state a reason for #2 ?

#5 nothing about it in mods OP, I just checked it.

Yes, the reason is that with a contract with ed they could get licensing problems from the manufacturer, it is expensive to have this contract with ed and it is even more time consuming than at the moment.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

One solution to this is to have it as a popular "mod-pack" that would include a few other things, (Road FARP's, ships, other A/C) or whatever. That way someone would have to D/L one "mega-mod" instead of a bunch of random mods. But then the original dev's would have to agree to have their mod in the mega mod and agree to maintain it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You didn't see the part where they indicated they wanted the mod to be free and had no intent or desire to apply for official status?

-edit

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173162

I forgot they 'relaunched' the A-4 thread, sorry. They mention there they're not intending to aim for official status and wanted it to remain free. That's the old/original pre-launch thread.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

No only get licencing by ED, need a licence clearance by the actual aircraft "license owner", that was a problem in the past.

I think it has been well established by this point that a dev does not 'require' a license from the AC manufacturer to create a module. These are all considered works of art. The only license they need is from ED.

i think including it as AI only could be a good beginning.
Yes!!

I think it has been well established by this point that a dev does not 'require' a license from the AC manufacturer to create a module. These are all considered works of art. The only license they need is from ED.

Some remember the case of Oleg Maddox vs Northrop Grumman issue by sell a product without a license? Always need a license before talk by ED.