Sooooo....

Gianky

I never got all the hate for Iceman. Slider was the grade-A jerk. Iceman just didn't like Maverick's flying or attitude and he wasn't wrong.

:lol:

Well, Iceman is a pimp.

Yeah Maverick had its problems, but Iceman is a phony, the chump.

But don't just take my word for it:

- he cut off Maverick and Goose, causing their F-14 to get caught in his jet wash... and because of that... Goose is dead man, Goose is dead.

- the arrogant prick was so full of himself, but caught I don't know how many bullets on his F-14;

- Most importantly: who "took Kelly McGillis breath away" (in the 80's that is) ?

... it wasn't Iceman.

My 'feelings' about Iceman (on post #140):

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3308128

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

:lol:

Well, Iceman is a pimp.

Yeah Maverick had its problems, but Iceman is a phony, the chump.

But don't just take my word for it:

- he cut off Maverick and Goose, causing their F-14 to get caught in his jet wash... and because of that... Goose is dead man, Goose is dead.

- the arrogant prick was so full of himself, but caught I don't know how many bullets on his F-14;

- Most importantly: who "took Kelly McGillis breath away" (in the 80's that is) ?

... it wasn't Iceman.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3308128

1. Both went for the tactically vulnerable bandit. Slider had radar contact first and while Maverick was tally-ho first, Iceman had the better position out of formation. In that first turn, the A-4 breaks to the right where Iceman is positioned. As the Tomcats pursue, Iceman is inside the turn and gains position. The following whine was gratuitous and out of continuity. Really neither did this right. The lead should have assigned the shooter position before engaging.

2. This was a 5 v. 1 and then a 5 v. 2. It was a miracle he wasn't shot down along with Hollywood and Wolfman.

3. Swept away Kelly McGillis, of all prizes... Maverick can have her.

Yeah, he was arrogant, but he's a Tomcat pilot when they where the kings of cool. Swagger is to be ascribed. He certainly wasn't the unswabbed douchenozzle that Slider was. He was a safer, more disciplined pilot. The older I get, the longer I fly, the more I like Iceman and dislike Maverick. But I do get it. We weren't really supposed to like Iceman. I just don't think he was so bad.

Edited by Swordsman422

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

Have you seen Kelly McGillis? Have you seen Val Kilmer?

Plot twist... Iceman stole her from Mav, he got out of the Navy and became a car salesman and they lived happily ever after.

Top-Gun-Kelly-McGillis-1378483.jpg?r=1533745198595

val-kilmer-fat-pic.jpg

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

Have you seen Kelly McGillis? Have you seen Val Kilmer?

Plot twist... Iceman stole her from Mav, he got out of the Navy and became a car salesman and they lived happily ever after.

Yeah I've seen her... and today she clearly isn't Maverick's type.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3790193#post3790193

edit

Now, Cameron Diaz... that would be Maverick's type. :D

Just saying.

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB