2.1.1: Wow, Troops embark/disembark without CTLD?

BaD CrC

Well, I am not sure what you meant but when there is infantry units next to a Huey or a Mi8, the list of groups appears in the new F7 radio menu now (sorted by proximity, a bit like for cargos). When selecting one of the group, you see it running to you then disappear one by one. You can then disembark it wherever you want. I don't know if this influence your aircraft weight. I don't know either if the number of infantry you can embark varies according to the chopper. I have to make a few tests. F7 menu doesn't show up for Ka50 and SA342 (pity since you can certainly take 2 infantry with the gazelle).

Well, I am not sure what you meant ...

Well, being able to load troops that have been set out for you in the mission is good, and one half of what is needed. What I speak of is being able to add troop units to appropriate vehicles from its rearm screen, which I see as the other half.

UH1h 'rough' M4 Infantryman weight test comes in around 198lbs per soldier by my reckoning...

FAT 30C

2 airframe loadouts...

• UH1h Full fuel no weapons or gunners = 7747 lbs + 14 M4 Infantry
  • UH1h (rather foolishly) Full fuel, 2 M134 to the front. 2 M134s on the sides and 2x rocket pods with 19 Mk151HE = 10523lbs

Both have approximately the same maximum achievable indicated hover height of around 5'

(10523 - 7747) / 14 = 198.2 lbs per soldier.

SIGBLOCK.png

Has anyone gotten Infantry to load into AI choppers in 2.1.1? I can get the choppers in the LZ but the infantry just stands there and never move.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I tried it out today and it's pretty cool. Definitely some bugs as you guys mentioned. I think troop transport missions will be a lot more fun if they hop out automatically when you land though. Fumbling with radios when dropping off troops in a hot LZ sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I'm sure it would be possible to do that with triggers, right?

When I unload my troops anywhere on map, they get out and stand in a parade line formation. Anyone else see this? Been trying to figure out how to get them to run somewhere after I unload them.

That's the default behavior from what I can tell. I haven't really played with it in the editor, but I think you could have a trigger zone in your intended LZ and set up a "group in zone" trigger to make them run somewhere. I'm far from a trigger expert though so someone else might be able to offer more specifics or a better solution.

I don't know if this will ever replace CTLD for MP due to the unit count impacting on playability. Better to spawn assets when in MP. But for the SP community I am sure it will be easier to setup missions etc.

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone gotten Infantry to load into AI choppers in 2.1.1? I can get the choppers in the LZ but the infantry just stands there and never move.

Not working for me :(

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Does it work now?

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

• 6 months later...
Does it work now?

As far as I know it's affected by the same BUGs of the 2.1.1, so the disembarked troops can't be re-imbarked and it's really annoying because you can't do anything with that troops after disembark.

It's not causing on 2.5.3 Stable and 2.5.4 OB MP server crash.

I'm really looking forward for a native logistics solution, but unfortunately the only way seems use script to achieve mission logistics.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!