Operation of nose and wing guns

I finally got the safety worked out...but. Am I right in assuming you have to assign three triggers to get all the guns to fire at once? I tried to get one button to do machine guns and one for cannons. "Tools" kept asking for separate triggers. Seems ridiculous to have to press three buttons to get full firing option.

I finally got the safety worked out...but. Am I right in assuming you have to assign three triggers to get all the guns to fire at once? I tried to get one button to do machine guns and one for cannons. "Tools" kept asking for separate triggers. Seems ridiculous to have to press three buttons to get full firing option.

IRL, the trigger pulled by your index finger fires the machine guns and inner (wingroot) cannons simultaneously. The button on top of the stick (thumb) shoots the outboard cannons.

However, this is implemented incorrectly at the moment. As it is in the sim right now, the index finger trigger fires only the machine guns, and the thumb button fires all cannons simultaneously. It needs to be tweaked to work as I stated in my explanation above.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I had the cowling guns operating by the index trigger, but that has quit and the thumb button fires the outboard cannons only now. Glad to know how it is SUPPOSED to work! I will keep at it...

I have the trigger first detent firing the cowl machine guns and the second detent firing all 4 wing canons. So when I pull the trigger in all the way, all guns/cannons are firing. I use the cowl machine guns for ranging purposes before firing all guns/canons.

Only thing I can see that seems confusing is that the cowl machine guns do not have a safety switch but the wing canons do. So I have to make sure the safety is off to get the wing canons firing on the second detent along with the already firing cowl machine guns.

Beastly fire-power. Will be nice when the new damage model comes along and allows for the difference between machine guns and canon damage.

Edited by Catseye

Yes you are right...151's for ranging and lead then bring in the cannon. Once I got the mapping right, everything works - trigger for MG's and thumb button for cannon. I shot a Mustang down on our server last night! First success. She is a brute to land though...

Mine doesn't seem to be working right. Trigger_a fires the nose MGs, Trigger_b1 fires all four wing cannons. Trigger_b2 and Trigger_t do absolutely nothing.

Yes thats how it works. Just have to map the two first buttons to triggers you can operate at the same time on the stick - maybe index finger and thumb, which is what I use. I guess the others will get used for bomb releases or jettisons later...

Mine doesn't seem to be working right. Trigger_a fires the nose MGs, Trigger_b1 fires all four wing cannons. Trigger_b2 and Trigger_t do absolutely nothing.

One of those triggers is used for bombing. I think it's the b1 one.

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

• 2 weeks later...

"_a" fires machine guns and inboard cannons using BTN1 (1st indent) on the joystick. I can use BTN6 (2nd indent) for the same purpose. Nothing seems to work for the outboard cannons. Doesn't matter if I assign a button or a trigger.

The gun master switches are both ON.

Update: page 12 of Chucks Anton manual shows three CB buttons that need to be pushed in order for the guns to fire. I haven’t tried this yet, but assume this will solve my problem.

Edited by TWC_SLAG
Update

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.