[FIXED] Progress on Key bindings

Trubshaw

For those of us that are pit builders is there going to be some progress on some of the missing key bindings?

From simple missing ones like 'insert data cartridge'

to odd ones like 'Reset Master Caution' (odd because you can press 'v' on the key board but you cannot assign it to a switch.

Yes I know I can use FunkyFrankies mod and I do, it is excellent yet every little update wipes them out. It is a great mod.

Surely the point is that as a module matures these missing key bindings should be a thing of the past. If you can click it then it should be assignable.

I cannot even imagine the lines and hours of coding that go into such a module and I congratulate the coders in the team for getting the Viggen into DCS. I just would like to know that this will happen at some point in the future.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

I wasn’t aware that there was any controls not assignable to all devices. I synced all the controls via a script some time ago. Is it more controls than the master caution reset that you can’t assign?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

use FunkyFrankies mod

Are the missing bidings pressent without FunkyFrankies mod installed?

Have you done some corrections to the files in this mod whenever the original files have been updated, or do you use this mod unmodified?

I believe you need to compare the original files with those in the mod and make sure the parts in them that is not parts of the mod are identical. FunkyFrankie did a good job commenting everything he added, so it's easy using softwares like Notpad++ for the comparison.

If you don't do this, any updates done by HB after latest FunkyFrankies mod release (quite long ago) will never benefit you.

Ragnar, I actually think there would be a good idea for you to have a look at FunkyFrankies mod too. It contains some corrections regarding duplicates and other small buggs still not yet corrected in the original files.

Here it is:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3031175

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Hi RagnaDa and Holton181,

Thanks for responding so quickly. Yes RagnaDa there are some keybindings still missing or not complete in my opinion:

eg: look at the Master Caution (it cannot be assigned with out a mod)

data cartridge insert

the two toggle Weapon release mode switches

All have click spots in the virtual cockpit but they cannot be assigned. (unless I am mistaken)

These are missing from DCS Release 2.5.220785 and current DCS Beta

I really think Holton's idea is a good one look at FunkyFrankies mod. He has done a great deal more on the subject and coded it.

For what it is worth I have bought every DCS module and missing keybindings occur on most of them in one form or another. I tend to buy them at release to support and encourage developers and wait until the module matures before getting down to setting up my pit and learning the aircraft. I have only recently got round to the Viggen and find it really interesting and fascinating. RagnaDa you and your colleagues have done a great job and I appreciate your ongoing support.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

I wasn’t aware that there was any controls not assignable to all devices. I synced all the controls via a script some time ago. Is it more controls than the master caution reset that you can’t assign?

The data selector and weapon sight mode selector rotaries are missing CW and CCW controls.

• 1 month later...

I can't find keybindings for the following controls:

Countermeasures R - R+F - F switch

Bomb interval/Wingspan selector

Serie/Imp switch

Grupp/Enkel switch

I also can't assign 'Master Caution Reset' to anything but keyboard & mouse - other controllers are greyed out.

'Insert Data Cartridge' would be awesome to have too - as already mentioned.

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

I have added these lines of code (among others) in the "default.lua":

{down = 3306, up = 3306, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPON_SYSTEM, value_down = 0.0, value_up = 1.0, name = 'Weapon Release Mode Switch 2-Pos UP/DOWN', category = 'Weapons'},
{down = 3307, up = 3307, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPON_SYSTEM, value_down = 0.0, value_up = 1.0, name = 'RB-04/RB-15/BK Release Mode Switch 2-Pos UP/DOWN', category = 'Weapons'},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = devices.ERRORPANEL, value_down = 1.0,  name = 'Master caution reset', category = 'Caution panel'},

They provide binding options for

1. Weapon Release Mode Switch (Serie/Enkel) for 2-position switch

2. RB-04/RB-15/BK Release Mode Switch (Grupp/Enkel) for 2-position switch

3. Master caution Reset for push button

These are easy based on info from "clickabledata.lua".

I tried to do the Chaff/Flare selector switch but could not get any result. It should be possible, but all the variations I tried were insuccessful.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I got the Chaff/Flare select switch working. My solution uses the 3-position switch from the cockpit. Unfortunately, it's not a rotary switch that you can rotate incrementally CW/CCW via an up/down toggle switch, but a multi-position switch that requires absolute values. In this case, the values 0.0, 0.1 and 0.2. I tested it with the flaps switch on my TM WH throttle and it works fine. If you don't have a 3-position switch available you could use 2 maintained ON/FF switches but you have to manually ensure that only one of the two switches is ever in the ON position.

Here are the 2 lines of code in the "default.lua":

{down = 3028, up = 3028, cockpit_device_id = devices.COUNTERMEASURE, value_down = 0.2, value_up = 0.1, name = 'Chaff/Flares Select 3-Pos Switch R/RF', category = 'Countermeasures'},
{down = 3028, up = 3028, cockpit_device_id = devices.COUNTERMEASURE, value_down = 0.0, value_up = 0.1, name = 'Chaff/Flares Select 3-Pos Switch F/RF', category = 'Countermeasures'},

It would certainly be better if Heatblur provided a rotary switch command option with CW and CCW commands. Progress in this area is a bit disappointing.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Hey RagnaDar,

I know you guys must be pretty busy but is there any progress yet? The current beta still has missing key bindings.

These seem the be relatively simple fixes not very time consuming and big on making the module more complete.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still no progress on key bindings?

Ragnadar if what you said is true then in some internal build somewhere they are sorted. When will they come to release?

After all that is what we paid for a complete module.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

Hi,

the Autopilot disconnect Button on the Stick also seems to have no entry in the bindings.

Taken from memory...

This is a bug since forever:

The function "Autothrottle mode AFK" is a toggle, if assigned as a DX button, but from keyboard bindings it only ever turn it on.

Viggen controls are bit of a mess IMHO. There are small inconsistencies with naming, categories, missing controls, duplicate controls and so on - I hope these are sorted out eventually :)

In addition to this problem: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=229779

I found out couple more missing controls:

-Indicator System Test (KONTROLL)

There is 'KONTROLL Light Test' listed but it doesn't seem to do anything?

Also cannot bind:

-Restart (Äterstart)

In addition, what is 'Startknabb' supposed to do? Automatic start?

Also cannot bind:

-Restart (Äterstart)

I added the 3 lines below to my "default.lua":

{down = 3004, up = 3004, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINEPANEL, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = 'Restart (Äterstart) 2-Pos ON/OFF', category = 'Motor'},
{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINEPANEL, value_down = 1.0, name = 'Restart (Äterstart) Button ON', category = 'Motor'},
{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINEPANEL, value_down = 0.0, name = 'Restart (Äterstart) Button OFF', category = 'Motor'},

The first line defines an ON/FF command for a maintained ON/OFF switch.

The second line provides the ON command for a pushbutton.

The third line provides an OFF command for a pushbutton.

Having looked at the flight manual I would guess that the first command can be used with a pushbutton which you hold down for 2 seconds to initiate the restart.

I'm not sufficiently familiar with the Viggen, so hopefully somebody can test and report back,

LeCuvier

I added the 3 lines below to my "default.lua":

{down = 3004, up = 3004, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINEPANEL, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = 'Restart (Äterstart) 2-Pos ON/OFF', category = 'Motor'},
{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINEPANEL, value_down = 1.0, name = 'Restart (Äterstart) Button ON', category = 'Motor'},
{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINEPANEL, value_down = 0.0, name = 'Restart (Äterstart) Button OFF', category = 'Motor'},

The first line defines an ON/FF command for a maintained ON/OFF switch.

The second line provides the ON command for a pushbutton.

The third line provides an OFF command for a pushbutton.

Okay - would you be kind enough to explain this to be bit more in depth?

Are you saying that, I can:

-... add separate ON & OFF commands to controls that currently only have ON/OFF option in the keybindings?

-... maybe add CW/CCW options to controls that only has separate options in the keybindings (like the many dials Viggen has)?

-...or vice versa - add separate keybindings to ones that currently only have CW/CCW option?

-...add new controls altogether that are currently not bindable?

In that case - how does the game know which control I'm trying to adjust - by the name I presume? Where are they listed, how can I find the correct 'in game' name? For example I'm not sure about the actual 'in game' name of the restart, I just read what the hover over text says (and what it says in the swedish cockpit...).

Thanks for looking into it & any help appreciated :thumbup:

Okay - would you be kind enough to explain this to be bit more in depth?

Are you saying that, I can:

-... add separate ON & OFF commands to controls that currently only have ON/OFF option in the keybindings?

-... maybe add CW/CCW options to controls that only has separate options in the keybindings (like the many dials Viggen has)?

-...or vice versa - add separate keybindings to ones that currently only have CW/CCW option?

-...add new controls altogether that are currently not bindable?

In that case - how does the game know which control I'm trying to adjust - by the name I presume? Where are they listed, how can I find the correct 'in game' name? For example I'm not sure about the actual 'in game' name of the restart, I just read what the hover over text says (and what it says in the swedish cockpit...).

Thanks for looking into it & any help appreciated :thumbup:

Yes you can do most of these things if suitable basis commands are defined in "default.lua" or "clickabledata.lua".

I have written a tutorial which is posted in the subforum "Input and Output", thread "How to set up toggle switches": https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2862001&postcount=214

LeCuvier

Yes you can do most of these things if suitable basis commands are defined in "default.lua" or "clickabledata.lua".

I have written a tutorial which is posted in the subforum "Input and Output", thread "How to set up toggle switches": https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2862001&postcount=214

Wow - awesome work! I will check it out :) Thank you very much.

• 4 years later...
On 1/18/2019 at 10:31 AM, rainyday said:

There is 'KONTROLL Light Test' listed but it doesn't seem to do anything?

@IronMike Please note, this keybinding is still not working in latest OB 2.8.8.43704.

While the sound for depressing a button is played when using the keyboard binding, the button in the cockpit is not definitively not depressed, thus no test is carried out. Problem here is obviously that in the file "clickabledata.lua" the line 475

elements["warnpanelcheck-PTR"] = default_button(_("Warning Panel Light Test"), devices.ERRORPANEL, 3002, 344)

shows 3002, and in the file "default.lua" the line 258

{down = 3001, value_down = 1.0, up = 3001, value_up = 0.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.ERRORPANEL, name = _('KONTROLL light test'), category = _('Lights')},

shows 3001 for depressed state.

Also, this keybinding has a wrong name in the file input > keyboard > default.lua (and maybe in a few input files more)
It should be labelled with "KONTR LAMPTABLA Indicator and Warning Table Test".

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

13 hours ago, TOViper said:

@IronMike Please note, this keybinding is still not working in latest OB 2.8.8.43704.

While the sound for depressing a button is played when using the keyboard binding, the button in the cockpit is not definitively not depressed, thus no test is carried out. Problem here is obviously that in the file "clickabledata.lua" the line 475

elements["warnpanelcheck-PTR"] = default_button(_("Warning Panel Light Test"), devices.ERRORPANEL, 3002, 344)

shows 3002, and in the file "default.lua" the line 258

{down = 3001, value_down = 1.0, up = 3001, value_up = 0.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.ERRORPANEL, name = _('KONTROLL light test'), category = _('Lights')},

shows 3001 for depressed state.

Also, this keybinding has a wrong name in the file input > keyboard > default.lua (and maybe in a few input files more)
It should be labelled with "KONTR LAMPTABLA Indicator and Warning Table Test".

Seems like you'd have better luck getting this bug tracked if you post it on the Discord.

Edited by Machalot

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."