Operating system

Windows® 10 64bits

Processor

Intel® core™ i7-7700 or AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700X

Graphics

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX1080

Memory

16GB

Lol...no way this thing will ever work in DCS with current gear. Even the new to come GTX (RTX) 2080 will be enough to manage this thing!

But it's good to see that VR is still improving! Keep the HMDs coming ;)

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

This is, what the homepage of StarVR says:

StarVR Corporation is dedicated to the innovation of professional virtual reality solutions, with a focus on high-end enterprise applications and location-based entertainment.

If they produce the StarVR One only for professional use and arcade, there is no reason for Pimax to be too much worried at the moment.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

This is, what the homepage of StarVR says:

If they produce the StarVR One only for professional use and arcade, there is no reason for Pimax to be too much worried at the moment.

But if not, they are dead. StarVR is owned by ACER, that means a lot.

But everyone is a nobody until they are a somebody, no?

Besides, in reading through the website, it doesn't look like DCS will even work with it. "Development of new content or upgrading your existing VR experience to our premium wide FOV platform is made easy with our fully featured SDK."

The 210 FoV and foveated rendering sure sounds cool.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Specs are really looking good. But I could imagine, that as soon as we see the price tag, it will become obvious, that this HMD is made for professional use.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Love of Pimax is waning fast... I just dont get a warm fuzzy anymore about their "8K", not to mention I saw a youtube of a guy testing the Pimax 8K and the best they can do was to send the tester ( who they knew was going to broadcast to the world on his youtube channel) a VR set that was taped together by scotch tape and rubber bands. Says alot to me about this OEM. I think I'll wait for StarVr or even Extal if they go for the masses.

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is one thing what is recently confirmed, Pimax8K is not 200FOV. That is deception.

Real horizontal FOV is not confirmed. Pimax doesn't want to publish it and testers can't do that because of NDA.

Point is Pimax showing 200FOV but diagonally what is not real FOV, only real FOV is horizontal as any other VR device is shoving they FOV. Pimax real FOV is somewhere around 170.

It is still good and much better but I think it is fair to warn you to know what to expect to not be disappointed when you realize that.

I'm not pro or against anyone or anything.

There is one thing what is recently confirmed, Pimax8K is not 200FOV. That is deception.

Real horizontal FOV is not confirmed. Pimax doesn't want to publish it and testers can't do that because of NDA.

Point is Pimax showing 200FOV but diagonally what is not real FOV, only real FOV is horizontal as any other VR device is shoving they FOV. Pimax real FOV is somewhere around 170.

It is still good and much better but I think it is fair to warn you to know what to expect to not be disappointed when you realize that.

I'm not pro or against anyone or anything.

Kind of like them referring to the device in development as an 8K device. Much like it's predecessor the 4k.

I wish them well as I want all of VR to be successful, but don't care much with the way they are loose with facts and the way they market the product.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Kind of like them referring to the device in development as an 8K device. Much like it's predecessor the 4k.

I wish them well as I want all of VR to be successful, but don't care much with the way they are loose with facts and the way they market the product.

And very conveniently loose with the naming/branding of those “facts”. Puts a sour taste towards Pimax in my mouth as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 2 weeks later...

I think this one is the One...no pun intended...if you have the HP for it.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

That does tend to make you wonder if they actually know much about the technology they're taking peoples' money to "develop".

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly: