M13: SENSORS AND TARGET DESIGNATION thread

imacken

There are so many things I can't get to work in this mission, mostly relating to the TPOD, that I don't know where to start.

It's getting to the stage in these missions that I don't know what has been implemented by RAZBAM or what is a missing feature or what is my mistake or if there is something wrong with the missions.

BD, these are potentially great missions and tools for those new to the Harrier, but I'm getting bogged down for the reasons above!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I literally just flew the mission, no issues other than the missing features.:thumbup:

That’s my point. It’s got to the stage that we don’t know what’s a missing feature, what’s an issue with the missions or user error that throws out the logic.

The fact that BD states there are problems means it isn’t working correctly!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 1 month later...
Most of the problems are with missing stuff. What I will do I will throw a message under the instructor's text saying "NOT FUNCTIONAL YET" or something along these lines to avoid confusion. Hope that works.

That made a difference for me. Good job.

Only issue I had was the final training mission had no voice-over. Was somewhat distracting trying to read instructions while doing the work in the cockpit. Overall though they were great.

That made a difference for me. Good job.

Only issue I had was the final training mission had no voice-over. Was somewhat distracting trying to read instructions while doing the work in the cockpit. Overall though they were great.

That is a DCS bug with one of the trigger types. I will update it if ED does not fix it.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 months later...

DMT HUD slew is still bugged, right? You got any info if Razbam is aware of it?

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

BD, back in May you said to skip this mission for the moment. AFAICS, nothing has changed.

So many things are problematic here. Some are non functioning features of the module and some are not.

Some examples:

1) Lots of previous knowledge is assumed in your missions which can make it difficult for a complete novice trying to access training. (I am not in that category, just to be clear before people start shouting YT, manuals, etc.!). Now, this is obviously your decision and I can see the logic. However, it does make progressing at times difficult for the novice. A simple example of this is near the beginning, you say to make sure that 'waypoint is boxed', but there is no indication that the 'data' boxed has to be unboxed before that can be done.

2) the TDC will not move at all in INS (HUD) mode

3) I think you should have some undesignate prompts to avoid target confusion at times. For example, after the first bridge target before moving on to WP2.

4) you talk about the FLTR button, but it is written as FLIR button on the display.

5) in DMT mode, the target does not always 'bounce back ' to the same spot as the TPOD.

6) a lot of the SSS HTS mode controls just don't work,

7) sometimes you ask to change modes when following previous instructions mean we are already in that mode, e.g. 'press SSS aft twice to select TV mode', and that is a little confusing.

8 ) you sometimes talk about HTS TPOD mode when still in previous DMT TV mode with TPOD.

As I said, a lot of these are Razbam issues, but it does make using some of your excellent missions - like this one - a bit of an issue, and there hasn't been any progress on fixing these issues by Razbam since your comment in May AFAICS.

Hey imacken. Yeah, I think you are right - from what you describe most of the things are still not working as intended, and some may be difficult to understand (probably linked to the fact that I build the mission with so many aspects still being WiP). As soon as I can I will verify it and send the full list of bugs to RAZBAM. i know there were other priorities, like JDAMs and CAS page...

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

BD, I appreciate your optimism, but a lot of people have been moaning about these outstanding issues for a long time. Razbam seem to be very unresponsive.

I'm going to move on to some of your other missions now and see how we go!

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Hey imacken. Yeah, I think you are right - from what you describe most of the things are still not working as intended, and some may be difficult to understand (probably linked to the fact that I build the mission with so many aspects still being WiP). As soon as I can I will verify it and send the full list of bugs to RAZBAM. i know there were other priorities, like JDAMs and CAS page...

Fair enough, but a few of the points were relating to your stuff, e.g. 1, 3, 4, 7 and 8. Is this the kind of thing you'll be updating when you get a chance?

Edited by imacken

• 7 months later...
Hey guys, just did taht mission and indeed impossible to slew the cursor in HUD (INS) designation. So is it just a missing feature?

Yes, no word from Razbam on this and many other 'missing features' for months now.

I've given up on the Harrier. I keep my eyes on the Changelogs, but.....

It took me a good while and a good deal of head-scratching, key assignment checking and re-running of the mission yesterday before I realised that the INS slew is not implemented.

BD could you put a note in the mission to that effect?

Also, how do I know that I have the latest version of the training missions?

Thanks.

Difficult one. BD has put quite a few features into the TMs that don't currently work. The thinking of that is, I guess, that they will work without him doing a lot of extra time on re-doing them when/if the features are implemented by RAZBAM. That makes sense, I guess.

How is the "INS Slew" suppose to work?

You should be able to slew the cursor around in INS mode, but you can't.

• 6 months later...

It is shown on Page 1 of 5 in the document on your kneeboard. Keep scrolling through.

• 4 months later...