Hold Short Lines & Runway Incursions

As an Air Traffic Controller this issue really bugs me. No aircraft is permitted to cross the Hold Short Line without a takeoff clearance or instructions to "Line Up & Wait" on the runway, or instructions to cross the runway or otherwise taxi on the runway. The problem with this game is that you have Hold Short signs and line, but if you don't go past them and get way too close to the runway you can't get the tower to give you a takeoff clearance. This is way way way wrong!!! This problem exits on every version of World and it would seem a simple cure...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

ED said that they will be overhauling the ATC system in DCS for the 2.0 release. So there should be some improvements down the line.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I guess proper ATC modeling is a lot more difficult than it might seem.

Fixing this one issue doesn't solve the problem that the ATC will still be rudimentary. As rrohde said, it's on ED's agenda, and of course I hope it'll be implemented as soon as possible, but most of all I hope they do it right, however long it may take.

I'd love it if we could just get away from the old Soviet style block runways and get some Western style pavement and markings

I just want the markings to be accurate to whatever they are at the real airports...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

It seems to me that ED might have to make a complete module to do ATC close to right.