F/A-18C Aggressors BFM campaign waypoints and moving map broken after last update.

Arbil

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the campaign. Making a new pilot in the logbook to start the campaign fresh. Repairing the install. The waypoints are all over 200nm away seemingly mixed up with unnamed waypoints between the named. The moving map does not appear after going to NAV mode with the INS, no matter how long it aligns.

I posted in another thread(https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=246616) about having to make a new mission and not use old miz files to get certain weapons, like lgbs with the tpod, to be accurate. And that this is not the first time this has happened, I've experienced it with other aircraft/weapon combinations in the past, where I had to make a new miz files to get things to work correctly again.

I believe that the same underlying problem is causing both that issue and the issue I am seeing in this campaign. Something is sometimes breaking in previously saved/post patch miz files after updates that has a wide range of consequences on many aspects of gameplay. Some variables getting saved/not saved, protected variables not being used correctly, or something of the sort, I'm only semi-competent at software engineering.

Edited by Arbil
formatting?

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the campaign. Making a new pilot in the logbook to start the campaign fresh. Repairing the install. The waypoints are all over 200nm away seemingly mixed up with unnamed waypoints between the named. The moving map does not appear after going to NAV mode with the INS, no matter how long it aligns.

Similar situation here. I repaired the beta version and disabled my OVGME stuff but no dice.

Just bought the campaign as I was looking for some hot ACM action on a Friday night with myself and dagnabit! WPs seem to be 180° out, distance is stuck at around 212mi and don't change.

Please fix. Feel like I was just scammed out $10.

Intel Core i7-6700@3.4GHz

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

16GB RAM

TM TFRP Rudder Pedals

TM TWCS Throttle

Virpil VPCWarBRD Base

TM F/A-18C Hornet Grip

I had this issue too, I was able to fix it pretty easily by updating the NAV system after the normal cold start procedure. First you need to make sure your TACAN is turned on and is tuned to a channel, for example Nellis is at 12X. Next on the HSI select UPDT, then choose TCN, and then ACPT. From there everything works as usual.

Similar situation here. I repaired the beta version and disabled my OVGME stuff but no dice.

Just bought the campaign as I was looking for some hot ACM action on a Friday night with myself and dagnabit! WPs seem to be 180° out, distance is stuck at around 212mi and don't change.

Please fix. Feel like I was just scammed out $10.

This resolves that issue:

Hi all, we have a work around while the team investigate this INS align issue.

Update INS via TCN

1. Coordinates of the first waypoint can be used to set own coordinates after INS align completed

a) on HSI page choose wpt 0 using PB12 "up" or PB13 "dn", then press PB14 "WPDSG"

b) on HSI page press PB7 "UPDT", press PB7 "DSG", press PB6 "ACPT"

2. In the case the plane has moved since start of the mission: you can use TCN position update after INS align completed

a) TACAN beacon data must be saved in MC

b) turn on the TACAN and set channel and band of the beacon, set T/R mode; you must receive bearing and range

c) on HSI page press PB7 "UPDT", press PB6 "TCN", press PB6 "ACPT"

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 2 weeks later...
I had this issue too, I was able to fix it pretty easily by updating the NAV system after the normal cold start procedure. First you need to make sure your TACAN is turned on and is tuned to a channel, for example Nellis is at 12X. Next on the HSI select UPDT, then choose TCN, and then ACPT. From there everything works as usual.

Phew! And I thought I broke something

:huh:

I had 3 stabs at it, didn't work for me *sigh*

Edited by GazAce

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Phew! And I thought I broke something

:huh:

I had 3 stabs at it, didn't work for me *sigh*

I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but AUTO mode doesn't seem to activate until a short while after startup even if you do box it. Try turning AUTO mode back off and on just before takeoff or shortly afterward.

I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but AUTO mode doesn't seem to activate until a short while after startup even if you do box it. Try turning AUTO mode back off and on just before takeoff or shortly afterward.

Big thanks mu110. I thought maybe after yest update it might've been fixed but sadly not. I'll give what you said a shot anyway. :thumbup:

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

"When" is the big question?

Anyone have any idea when this issue is going to be fixed? I would really like to carry on flying this Campaign, that work around thing didn't work for me. I still keep seeing 212 WP1 in my HUD and HSI all screwed up.

Please fix this guys, totally annoying :(

Anyone have any idea when this issue is going to be fixed? I would really like to carry on flying this Campaign, that work around thing didn't work for me. I still keep seeing 212 WP1 in my HUD and HSI all screwed up.

Please fix this guys, totally annoying :(

As solution:

You can use LSV TCN position for update INS after align completed.

- TACAN beacon LSV (12x)

- On HSI page"UPDT" → "TCN"→ "ACPT"

Edited by SMN

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

It works but there's a catch!

Thanks kindly SMN and all who added help tips for the workaround. It finally did work but you're supposed to have RADAR switch to Operate and INS to GND position first then do the workaround and then when done switch INS to NAV otherwise it doesn't work. Anyway, thanks again.

Finally can fly this cool Campaign now. :pilotfly:

Odd as that isn’t my result. I flipped INS to NAV, and the radar was in stby when I did a Wpt update. You may need a repair, as radar should have no affect on the INS update.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I was just starting the campaign and I have the same issue with the HSI and moving map.

I'll try the workaround but it would be nice to have this fixed, please.

This happens during the first BFM A-A mission.

unknown.png

- no background map

- HSI only updating heading but not coordinates (it's not possible to follow the WPs)

Corresponding F10 map:

unknown.png

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Hi,

I was just starting the campaign and I have the same issue with the HSI and moving map.

I'll try the workaround but it would be nice to have this fixed, please.

This happens during the first BFM A-A mission.

unknown.png

- no background map

- HSI only updating heading but not coordinates (it's not possible to follow the WPs)

Corresponding F10 map:

unknown.png

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4081588&postcount=5

Sounds like REDFOR will always have this, if I understand BIGNEWYs post.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks =Panther=!

This sounds like a limitation but if it's a feature using the USAF Aggressors, it's counter-intuitive to say the least.

Hopefully Maple Flag will update the campaign accordingly and make this info/procedure obvious in the briefing and/or the documentation.

In the current state it just looks like a nasty bug, which is a shame because the campaign seems nicely crafted.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

This could be mentioned in the briefing, maybe even as a kneeboard page, it's too surprising!

(just started the campaign, and I thought I'm doing something terribly wrong)

VR, i9, Winwing, TM and VKB.

2, 4, ban, ban, 2

We also just saw BIGNEWY's response today and will be updating the mission briefing and adding a new kneeboard page with the manual INS alignment instructions.

We also have a few other minor updates to include.

Should be ready for the next OpenBeta patch release. :thumbup:

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Thanks for the support @Sabre-TLA ;)

I can confirm the first procedure suggested by BIGNEWY works correctly for the BFM01 mission.

I just flew it and it's much more enjoyable with the flight plan and the moving map showing up correctly.

Really nice radio interactions and combats. I managed to get the F5 and the F15C but the Viper slipped through (out of time), and I made it back to Nellis. Very nice mission!

If anyone's interested I've just edited a reference for my own use (using a tablet as kneeboard).

I'll keep it available in my Dropbox for a limited time.

2bb0271fac0abfda573f3ca111a5a7ff.jpg

>>> REDFOR INS alignment procedure (A5, PDF) <<<

----

@Sabre-TLA: Do you think it would be possible to update the F-16 models from the campaign to the DCS Viper?

I'm not sure how much work that would require but it should be fun to have the newest model for the dogfights at least.

Thanks for your work on this campaign!

Edited by Bourrinopathe

:thumbup:

Yes we will be updating the models in all our campaigns once more skins are available.

Also, don't forget about the single player practice missions that you can open in the mission editor.

They are located in the same folder as the campaign missions.

It's good to get some experience with the bandits with the new improved AI before flying the campaign missions.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I'll definitely give a shot at those practice missions. Thanks for the reminder!

(I've copied them in my Hornet missions folder for ease of access)

Apparently part of the recent AI improvements affects the modern jets. The engagements should be more interesting in the current state.

• 3 weeks later...

Just tested and the procedure using the WP 0 as reference still works correctly for me.

Could you share the steps you've followed and the mission name?

Or a track maybe?

7a402088b5f412ac151e133dbf922522.jpg

And thank you for the update @Sabre-TLA ;)