Has module been abandoned by Devs?

VampireNZ

Just scrolling through the Changelog updates thread - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=214251 and I notice the Gazelle hasn't had an update since the very first post in that thread on 06-27-2018?

Now either the devs think this module is now the pinnacle of absolute simulation fidelity, or they have just given up?

Do they genuinely believe that there is nothing in this module that needed improving/tweaking/fixing/adding in the past 14 months? :huh:

I just purchased this module for some related RL reasons, and am a little annoyed it is still charging a significant amount for what is effectively an abandoned module with no effort put into any sort of improvement or additions in over a year, compared to the other similarly priced modules!

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So yes to my question then I guess..

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi VampireNZ, while it's true our priorities are with a new module at this moment like toilet2000 already said, this module will in fact open the doors to some updates for the Gazelle. The fact that you haven't seen any updates in the changelogs is both because they have been sparse the past year and also they were not mentioned in the changelog. Last update was in July this year.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"they were not mentioned in the changelog. Last update was in July this year."

What went into that update?

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Well I bought this the other day as a leap of faith and I'm starting to think I should of held off. The chopper looks impressive but the bugs need addressing. Not sure how another project could be in the works when this one needs attention badly. I will be sure to vote with my wallet on your next project.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.

I could be getting this wrong but I think I read somewhere that the new project coding is key to then making improvements to the Gazelle at a later stage. It seems the resources are being thrown at the new one at present. I sincerely hope they further improve the Gazelle as it's potentially one of the best modules in DCS given a bit of support in my opinion.

• 5 months later...
Well I bought this the other day as a leap of faith and I'm starting to think I should of held off. The chopper looks impressive but the bugs need addressing. Not sure how another project could be in the works when this one needs attention badly. I will be sure to vote with my wallet on your next project.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of getting the helicopter bundle. This is one that really interested me, although I know it's not as popular as some of the others. What are the bugs you mention?

Well I bought this the other day as a leap of faith and I'm starting to think I should of held off. The chopper looks impressive but the bugs need addressing.

The dev's have promised to "back port" their new FM to the Gazelle.

Not sure how another project could be in the works when this one needs attention badly.

To do the FM correctly they realised they needed to drop the old gazelle FM code completely and start afresh using the experience gained.

... from the part of the I will be sure to vote with my wallet on your next project.

As is your right, however they are a very small team and their wip twitch steam updates are very promising, with live feedback from Kiowa SME's and pilots on what they've got right and what needs adjusting/adding.

DCS World-KIOWA testing with SME

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I'm thinking of getting the helicopter bundle. This is one that really interested me, although I know it's not as popular as some of the others. What are the bugs you mention?

There's a comprehensive bug list in a .pdf here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4045135#post4045135

... which generated this positive response from Polychop

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4045817#post4045817

Unfortunately there's been no news on the Gazelle recently, so it looks like Polychop are again focused on getting the Kiowa right in the first instant, and the Gazelle is in "maintenance mode" until the Kiowa's systems/flight model are closer to being finalised.

IMHO it's not something to worry about, as long as you can set your expectations appropriately.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Yes, as stated a few times in this thread the Gazelle has been feeling somewhat abandoned. Polychop is focused on the Kiowa and has said they will Polish up the Gazelle after it releases, but they have not been able to manage multiple modules like other third parties such as RAZBAM or Heatblur, and that is probably due to manpower. I loved the Gazelle and put a lot of time into it but I cannot recommend it to a prospective buyer in it's current state. I really hope that changes soon!

Unfortunately there's been no news on the Gazelle recently, so it looks like Polychop are again focused on getting the Kiowa right in the first instant, and the Gazelle is in "maintenance mode" until the Kiowa's systems/flight model are closer to being finalised.

IMHO it's not something to worry about, as long as you can set your expectations appropriately.

Yes, as stated a few times in this thread the Gazelle has been feeling somewhat abandoned. Polychop is focused on the Kiowa and has said they will Polish up the Gazelle after it releases, but they have not been able to manage multiple modules like other third parties such as RAZBAM or Heatblur, and that is probably due to manpower. I loved the Gazelle and put a lot of time into it but I cannot recommend it to a prospective buyer in it's current state. I really hope that changes soon!

Thanks for the replies and the links. I'm going to get the bundle, so I'll own the Gazelle, but I think I'll concentrate on one of the other models. Reading through this forum, there seems to have been hardly any input from the developers regarding either the Gazelle or the new model for 18 months. The Gazelle is the heli that appeals to me, so I'll definitely keep an eye out or new developments.

We're working on the Gazelle and released the last update in October. The bigger updates need more development time. News on the updates are posted here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=250574

Hi. I'd already seen that page. To be honest, it was one of the reasons I decided to look to another module. You started it after this post apologizing for neglecting the Gazelle, and not communicating with your customers. You said that you'd assigned a new coder full-time to the Gazelle and that would be more communicative.

You made weekly posts to the update page for three weeks, then nothing. Why did you stop updating the page? Is there still a full-time coder assigned? What has been achieved since the last update?

I just got the gaz in the helo bundle. I can't add anything constructive to the flight model and bugs at this stage in the module's life and with news of the Kiowa etc. Plus I've only had one flight lol.

But I want to add how utterly lame and sad it is that there's not Instant Action mission for the Persian Gulf. The friggin community A4E has Persian Gulf instant action missions. Lol..... I'm worried about the Kiowa but I wish you all the best. I enjoy small scrappy companies (just not lazy companies. Don't be lazy)

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

I would advice you to download missions from the community or create a simple one yourself, because the instant missions I tried for the Gazelle were not really "instant". Instead it takes a long time of flight until you reach your target, which is not very helpful for beginners imo.

Well I'm not investing in the Kiowa until I see some reviews of it AND the Gazelle is indeed given the much needed fixing it requires. Time will tell but I will remain cautiously optimistic in the meantime.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

[sigpic][/sigpic]

US Air Force Retired, 1C371

No rank or title will ever be as important as the unit patch you wear.