2020 upcoming releases

JRM

The updated damage model for the WW2 birds is already partially there, it's pretty interesting. Razbam just showed a basic model for a SHAR 1, I am doubtful that'll be out before year end but you never know ( SHAR 1 wasn't really that complicated, although the radar is super quirky ). The F-4 went back on the "well, we'd like to do this one day" list from one of Wags' interviews.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand it:

- P47

- Mosquito

- Mi24 Hind

- Supercarrier

- F4U

- Kiowa

- Syria

- Falklands

- Free map (sounds like that will in the Pacific)

- New clouds

- Vulkan / game engine update

- Updated damage model, initially for WW2

- Updated WW2 asset pack

- Further updates to a host of aircraft, eg. F16, F18, Harrier

- New interiors for Ka50 and hopefully the Mi8

Add mig23 to 2020

Id take bets on 2021 or later for

Falklands

Vulkan

Dynamic campaign

Free map

F4 is backburner pending some other unnanounced module.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The updated damage model for the WW2 birds is already partially there, it's pretty interesting. Razbam just showed a basic model for a SHAR 1, I am doubtful that'll be out before year end but you never know ( SHAR 1 wasn't really that complicated, although the radar is super quirky ). The F-4 went back on the "well, we'd like to do this one day" list from one of Wags' interviews.

I would expect the shar 1 in 2021 or later. Maybe mig23 next year from raz. And a load of pissed off people if they release it before finishing the harrier/mirage/mig19 like they said they would.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Keep an eye on our newsletters over the coming weeks. . . . . . .

( hopes the dots create suspense lol )

Evil! :lol::)

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

My self I’m still looking for multi crew on the huey about every two seat fixed wing has it.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

As I understand it:

- P47

- Mosquito

- Mi24 Hind

- Supercarrier

- F4U

- Kiowa

- Syria

- Falklands

- Free map (sounds like that will in the Pacific)

- New clouds

- Vulkan / game engine update

- Updated damage model, initially for WW2

- Updated WW2 asset pack

- Further updates to a host of aircraft, eg. F16, F18, Harrier

- New interiors for Ka50 and hopefully the Mi8

Impressive list.

I really hope they manage to squeeze the Hornet TGP improvements in there somewhere too :music_whistling:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

How about more convincing missile and countermeasures modelling?

After all it should be Digital COMBAT Simulator, not just cockpit button pushing simulator.

Every time SARH missile goes of the rail for the chaff for 30nm away the simulation part of DCS is lost on me. And don't get me started on EW jammers...

All in all I believe combat part was a bit neglected compared to cockpit procedures and systems modelling

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MATRIC developer

Check out MATRIC and forget about keyboard shortcuts

How about more convincing missile and countermeasures modelling?

After all it should be Digital COMBAT Simulator, not just cockpit button pushing simulator.

Every time SARH missile goes of the rail for the chaff for 30nm away the simulation part of DCS is lost on me. And don't get me started on EW jammers...

All in all I believe combat part was a bit neglected compared to cockpit procedures and systems modelling

While that is a good wish item, this thread is about trying to nail down things which we know *aren't* wishlist items.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

Keep an eye on our newsletters over the coming weeks. . . . . . .

( hopes the dots create suspense lol )

6 dots?

Hmm 6 dots = A-6?

:D

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

Nothing official video from ED with any surprise? :D

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Is there a chance we can get a little insight on the new theaters? I know about the Falklands and the Syrian maps that are on the horizon.. but I am wondering about the mystery “free” map that was announced some months back. Just wondering if that’s still on the punch list.

Thanks!

I was wrong

It's not 6 dots but 7 dots

Maybe T O R N A D O ?

:music_whistling:

Asus Prime Z-370-A

Intel core I7-8700K 3.70Ghz

Ram g.skill f4-3200c16d 32gb

Evga rtx 2070

Ssd samgung 960 evo m.2 500gb

Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944

Combined Arms

A-10C, Mirage-2000C, F-16C, FC3

Spitfire LF Mk. IX

UH-1H, Gazelle

Is there a chance we can get a little insight on the new theaters? I know about the Falklands and the Syrian maps that are on the horizon.. but I am wondering about the mystery “free” map that was announced some months back. Just wondering if that’s still on the punch list.

Thanks!

Marianas, apparently.

So, Marianas Islands was the secret map, or not ??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

DCS features and non aircrafts modules need wait to next week

In next week’s newsletter, we’ll talk about the non-aircraft projects and core DCS World improvements that we’ll be working on in 2020.

Expected can talk about Vulcan, Dinamic Campaign, Damage model, new maps and more.

And in the newsletter "talk" about one of the WW2 maps.

We plan to release a new World War II Europe map to coincide with the release of the P-47D

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Hope for Vulkan

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Since they mentioned we'll get non-aircraft projects info in next week's newsletter, hopefully we'll get some news on this and more VR improvements.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals