Guess what! Easy AAR!

Gregkar

Grow some and practice until you can do it, or just select 'unlimited fuel', it's as simple as that - all you need is in the sim already.

Unlimited fuel is not an option good to use, good thing to learn fuel management. You like to add more limitation to other paying customers. Not a good thing to fly an all time heavy plane. Fuel dump not decrease fuel level when you set to unlimited fuel in su-33 and su-27. So you unable to alter payload weight in air with fuel level.

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

I want automatic landing. I fly near the runway and the plane lands itself. :pilotfly:

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

then you should create a separate thread for that :)

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I still don't understand this thread. I honestly don't know why anyone that couldnt AAR would need a cheat to do it when it's already optional. It's not an elitsm thing (although, AAR is not hard or elitist).

If you can't AAR, don't.

No one is forcing anyone, it's not a requirement for "Level 2" content. If you want to do a longer mission, put unlimited fuel on.

If you find unlimited fuel wrong, then why does an AAR cheat make unlimited fuel wrong and AAR cheat OK? It's simple basic common sense, it's not needed. The maps are max 400nm, the combat range of most jets, assuming the airbases are on the edges, but they aren't, they are all through the maps. You are never more than 50nm from an airfield, go back a tad earlier and refuel. Refuelling is almost pointless on these maps as it is, it's really a flavour item that isn't required to be able to play anything. Before anyone says, "But i'm 150nm from an allied airbase", what the hell is a tanker doing there in the first place? A HVA like a tanker wouldnt be there in the first place, the S3 over the CV.... not required because there aren't enough planes causing enough queues to make you need to refuel. All the reasons for having a refueller imply that the person requiring such a thing in a mission wants to do something that isn't required and is using another excuse for not having done what they should have done in the first place, like plan for fuel, not sat in AB for the last 10 minutes, done any route calculations or preparation, designed a mission that wasn't realistic, the list goes on.

If you have time to be in the air long enough to use all your fuel and are too far from an airbase to refuel at, you have time to practice AAR and stop wanting an automation that you will never use and feel good about.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

What I don't understand is the people who are opposed to the idea of something they don't have to turn on for themselves.

As shown in a video on the previous page, one option is to have "heatseaking baskets" like it was way back when.

Another rather easily implemented option is for the AI to take over your plane when you're in a nice position.

None of these options should be extremely hard to code/implement as far as I can see.

• Like 1

If you find unlimited fuel wrong, then why does an AAR cheat make unlimited fuel wrong and AAR cheat OK? It's simple basic common sense, it's not needed.

If you have time to be in the air long enough to use all your fuel and are too far from an airbase to refuel at, you have time to practice AAR and stop wanting an automation that you will never use and feel good about.

It's not right, it's not wrong, it's not needed, they would just LIKE it. They would find it more FUN. What is difficult to understand about that?

Edit: if that was not clear enough: I have nothing against and find nothing ´wrong' about optional easy AAR if ED does not either.

Edited by Pyker

I really cant get why some people get threaten by options that make life easy for casual players...

Maybe I want to feel the inmersion fo having to refuel but dont have "a lifetime" to learn it.

Maybe I want to do a MP mission with my squad and have AAR in it, but dont want to force anyone to become proficient at it... WHAT IS WRONG with that.. tell me...

I am a parent, I have a full time job, I share domestic responsabnilities with my partner...

I dont have hours to learn special skill, or whatever...

So what the heck is wrong with cutting me some slack and letting me ask for a simplified AAR method?

• Like 1

I really cant get why some people get threaten by options that make life easy for casual players...

Maybe I want to feel the inmersion fo having to refuel but dont have "a lifetime" to learn it.

Maybe I want to do a MP mission with my squad and have AAR in it, but dont want to force anyone to become proficient at it... WHAT IS WRONG with that.. tell me...

I am a parent, I have a full time job, I share domestic responsabnilities with my partner...

So what the heck is wrong with cutting me some slack and letting me ask for a simplified AAR method?

Couldn't have said it better :thumbup:

Asus Z370-A | Intel i7 8700K @5.0GHz | Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Red | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA 1080ti 11GB SC2 | Kingston A2000 250GB NVMe 250GB for Windows 10 64-bit Pro OS, | Samsung 840PRO 120GB SSD & WD HDD 1TB & WD HDD 500GB for program files | 3x LG 24" IPS monitors | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | Thrustmaster FCS throttle and pedals | HP Reverb Pro, Oculus Rift CV1 (any many more stuff non flight sim related :helpsmilie:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

+1

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

First of all, personally I have nothing against having both options, but I can imagine that some of our community members are concerned that adding more and more "easy"/"game" modes would eventually move DCS in a more arcadish direction for the masses.

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed when ED announced the new MAC game. I much rather saw them invest all their resources in improving and fixing DCS (but I'm probably short sighted and I do realise that ED needs to make money to be able to provide us this wonderful sim)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

First of all, personally I have nothing against having both options, but I can imagine that some of our community members are concerned that adding more and more "easy"/"game" modes would eventually move DCS in a more arcadish direction for the masses.

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed when ED announced the new MAC game. I much rather saw them invest all their resources in improving and fixing DCS (but I'm probably short sighted and I do realise that ED needs to make money to be able to provide us this wonderful sim)

I had the same concerns with MAC but as it turned out that it will be separate product I'm actually fine with it as that means more focus on the DCS as a study sim, hopefully more money for ED and possibly some more separation from simplifications. There is however big problem with moving away from FC3 aircraft as they are invaluable pack of Russian aircraft not available in any other form in DCS.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Well said, Baco. Its a bit elitist attitude tbh Hawkeye, I spend hours practicing and still find it far harder than you do. So you're a more skilled flyer than a lot of us newbs. Now we have that out the way is it practical to have a selectable mode you can choose to help with autopilot guiding the plane to the probe when close enough, a bit like the quickstart cheat? Its at the discretion of the player then, to have the experience of tracking down the tanker, getting close enough then getting help with the refuel. I'd use it until I got good enough to do without it.

To be honest, after almost 10 years here, I would prefer instead of a new game, a new business model altogether. Instead of relying solely on pricy module sales, I'd be more than happy, perhaps even more, to pay for DCS World upgrades. 3.0 then another upgrade at 3.5, 4.0 and so on.

After 10 years I can clearly see that if they need to launch so many unfinished modules and pause their development and completely neglect the core for so long just to survive, perhaps this new business would better balance things instead of releasing yet another product.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

MAC is a good product to bring more players into DCS. Most people would start with something less hardcore and then move up.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

MAC is a good product to bring more players into DCS. Most people would start with something less hardcore and then move up.

I hope you're right

It's either that, or ED will go for profit and decides to drop the hardcore stuff all together.

But, maybe we're drifting a bit too far off topic.. sorry for that :)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

To be honest, after almost 10 years here, I would prefer instead of a new game, a new business model altogether. Instead of relying solely on pricy module sales, I'd be more than happy, perhaps even more, to pay for DCS World upgrades. 3.0 then another upgrade at 3.5, 4.0 and so on.

For those interested, that can of worms is discussed here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=277843

Thanks for voting, if you haven't yet.;)

I think the "less hardcore" could be handled with settings within DCS. No one wants lower fidelity cockpits or 3d models, hardly anyone wants lower fidelity flight models (especially for jets). What many dont want is spending 4 hours reading manuals and watching youtube tutorials in order to start a jet, find a target and blow something up.

I think this could be solved in DCS; simplified/faster startup procedure (we already have one button start cheat, add to that instant INS alignment, easier weapon selection menu, maybe even semi automatic catapult hookup) and make it so newbies actually can enable those things easily. Just click "im a noob, tell me what to do, but KISS". I had played DCS on and off for 2 years before I even discovered the auto start keybind.

Then have some sort of jester AI doing the radar, setting up of targets and weapons for you. You just select a maverick or amraam and have "jester" configure your plane accordingly, cycle through the targets, or even tell you where they are, something like that makes it "easy" and yet not entirely unrealistic, the newbie wont achieve anything an experienced simmer couldnt also do. That means, you dont even have to split up the community.

But I think the biggest barrier for more casual simmers is the fact you have to pay for every plane. That makes it appear very expensive compared to other sims, and means you instantly need to commit to one plane, whereas most will want to experience several. That is what made FC3 interesting to non hardcore simmers, a decent collection of planes for an affordable price. The non clickable cockpits dont really help them, if anything I find keybinds are harder to set up and memorize.