VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

It doesn't have any effect for me. I installed it correctly, but I'm not getting more FPS with the rift. For some reason my FPS is locked either at 45 or at 30, even if I turn off ASW. With and without this mod.

same for me, all I have are the artefacts around the edges, although I strictly followed the readme. I also changed the MASKSIZE value to get rid of the artefacts but loading time was increased on Game startup rediculously long...each time...I started DCS, thats why and because I havent seen any improvements, I uninstalled that mod again.

Thanks @Kegeteys nonetheless for the long time and work you´ll defininately have put in it.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

+1 neither beta nor stable are compatible anymore (((((

That’ll be because they are the same build at the moment!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

This mod works ok with the newest build... check on your side.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

It did install on stable, but all shadows look too dark (even when terrain shadows are off)

You failed to follow the readme instructions then... I had the same problem until I went back to the readme...

"Remove terrain metacaches

Mods\terrains\Caucasus\misc\metacache\dcs

Mods\terrains\Nevada\misc\metacache\dcs

Mods\terrains\???\misc\metacache\dcs

rename those directories to dcs.old or similar. This ensures

the metashaders will be recompiled correctly."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.csg-2.net/

Awesome mod, many thanks for this! DCS has never been this smooth in my system after i bought oculus :thumbup:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so there is hope for a poor Ryzen user thinking to get into VR (Lenovo Explorer)

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Yes, it still fails MP integrity checks.

User airdog used to have an IC-compatible version of the mod, but it stopped working some DCS updates ago and hasn't received any maintenance so far.

Really sad to no longer being able to use this great enhancement since playing mostly multiplayer!

With just a couple of files removed it can work in MP and you still see significant improvement. Click the red shield in the MP menu...all the files listed will need to be replaced with the originals or you can remove them from the zip all together and then install it. Or here is a OVGME complient version I made

Yes, it still fails MP integrity checks.

User airdog used to have an IC-compatible version of the mod, but it stopped working some DCS updates ago and hasn't received any maintenance so far.

Really sad to no longer being able to use this great enhancement since playing mostly multiplayer!

Ok....since you are making me feel guilty. Attached is a OVGME/Multiplayer compliant file that works in the current build 2.5.3.22176.

Follow the exact instructions in the first post then use OVGME to installl the attached file. If you do not use ovgme just open up the zip file and paste the contents of the Bazar folder into your game install Bazar folder after following the appropriate deletions of files and folders as instructed by Kegetys first post instructions.

DCS VR Shaders.zip

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

For me this was a fantastic difference. Thank You!

Regards

HoBBiS

Simpit: i7 8700k, 64GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, Oculus Rift-S, Grip: Virpil Constellation Alpha. Throttle: Virpil Mongoos T-50CM2 all mounted on a IKEA office chair with the Monstertech office chair kit.

Strangest thing. Original shader mod ONLY works for me if I don't touch the shader, mesh and terrain files. If I follow the install readme.txt, I get the "reflection.fx" error - works again if mod is disabled thou.

(Non VR works fine thou)

@Airdog, as soon as I use your, MP friendly, VR shader version, DCS gets stuck at "loading, please wait" (100% loaded). It's nothing to do with rebuilding shaders (had it stuck like this for hours).

Non VR works fine but VR only start working again after i re installed DCS, as repair didn't work.

Have tried it twice now with same result.

Just strange since I used to run them both before, whiteout any problems.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong here?

*using OvGME for mod handeling

A part of NOSIG

Ok....since you are making me feel guilty. Attached is a OVGME/Multiplayer compliant file that works in the current build 2.5.3.22176.

Follow the exact instructions in the first post then use OVGME to installl the attached file. If you do not use ovgme just open up the zip file and paste the contents of the Bazar folder into your game install Bazar folder after following the appropriate deletions of files and folders as instructed by Kegetys first post instructions.

Thanks a lot :D:thumbup:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Strangest thing. Original shader mod ONLY works for me if I don't touch the shader, mesh and terrain files. If I follow the install readme.txt, I get the "reflection.fx" error - works again if mod is disabled thou.

(Non VR works fine thou)

@Airdog, as soon as I use your, MP friendly, VR shader version, DCS gets stuck at "loading, please wait" (100% loaded). It's nothing to do with rebuilding shaders (had it stuck like this for hours).

Non VR works fine but VR only start working again after i re installed DCS, as repair didn't work.

Have tried it twice now with same result.

Just strange since I used to run them both before, whiteout any problems.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong here?

*using OvGME for mod handeling

A part of NOSIG

Not really sure what I can do to help you here other than offer the obvious since it works fine for me and a few others here. But heres a few ideas

I'd start mkaing sure you are on the version of DCS I listed above.

Then do a clean and repair of whatever version DCS you plan to mod with this file. Skatezillas DCS app is great for this!

Make sure you are following kegetys instructions to the letter.

Other than that there are so many possibilities its tough to troubleshoot if I'm not looking right at it really. I usually stumble onto fixes by accident myself anyways ;)

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/