VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

Any 1080ti users see a big difference with this hack? Already getting 45/90 fps but was wondering if this makes the experience even better.

Did you set MSAA to x4?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

hello,

I'm back on hacking DCS shaders with 3dmigoto : https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases

I can now increase brightness of cockpit parts and mask labels by cockpit frames. I'm still working of a better zoom, but it's harder than with il2 Bos...

Maybe it should be interesting to make your mod in 3dmigoto ?

It does not change DCS files, so no problem with integrity. Do you know this lib ?

Holy crap! First this excellent mod to increase FPS, and now lefuneste01 is working his magic on the zoom? Brilliant!

For those that don't play Il-2 BOS, his mod is practically mandatory if you're running VR. Has made the world of difference in spotting aircraft.

Hi, I keep getting this error when joining servers or missions with all aircraft, what can I do to fix it?

I have a butcher's fix for the shader compilation error (until properly done by the OP):

At line 101 of glass.hlsl (Bazar\shaders\model\functions\glass.hlsl)

replace :

mp.diffuse.rgb = Diffuse.SampleBias(gAnisotropicWrapSampler, input.DIFFUSE_UV.xy, 3);

with

#ifdef DIFFUSE_UV        
       mp.diffuse.rgb = Diffuse.SampleBias(gAnisotropicWrapSampler, input.DIFFUSE_UV.xy, 3);
#endif

I repeat this is a butcher's fix. I have tried various planes in Caucasus and all seem OK ("JUST DOGFIGHT" server).

I cannot but be impressed by 90fps. Again, thank you Kegetys !

On another note :

.... he's been improving visuals and making tools for well over 14 years ... ... So in terms of "why cannot ED do it" or other silly comments, you need to realise the man's qualifications first before starting typing. www.kegetys.fi

The man has clearly knowledge and brains. But if I understand correct, you say that ED people don't and that's why they could not do it ? !!!!

Cheers !

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

I have not tried this mod yet, but if it works - ED should make the mod IC compatible or have a separate set of these "VR friendly files" used when DCS is launched with VR enabled.

Still hoping for an official solution, but this might be a big leap in the right direction.

Hello, simply amazing mod, i was about to leave VR since my pc was a bit to low to have good performances but now, wow. I'm like a little kid at Christmas!

Just a question for CV1 users, what MASKSIZE do you guys use?

Thank you for your feedback!

Aand Kegetys, you are a legend!

Member of the Virtual Patrouille Suisse Since 2010. High and slow, fast and low.

Intel i9-12900k | 64GB RAM | RTX4090 | HP Rerverb G2 | T-50CM3 Base | WinWing Set

Wooooo gonna try it out! DCS crew - do you see it?!

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

Wooooo gonna try it out! DCS crew - do you see it?!

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

After more testing......

Nevada ++

Persian Gulf ++

Caucusus +

Nevada - (no effect)

It would be great if it would be integrity check approved or a walk around.

Besides this. It's a fantastic mod! :thumbup::thumbup:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Was going to give this a try today - but I just tried one last thing and it has me flying smoothly in VR with my GTX1060 (and i5 4690k).

Lowered the PD to 1.0 - that was the big thing. Getting solid 45fps in busy combat (A/G) situations and 90fps the rest of the time and no stutters at all.

Normally I use 1.6 - been on that since I got my Rift, over 2 years ago, but this drop to 1.0 isn't so bad as far as the graphics goes, but I have dropped my other settings, too - no grass clutter etc (set fully left) and reduced tree visibility and preload radius quite a bit - but it's working very well and not having to mod is big bonus (especially for those that need to pass the IC ).

Tomorrow I'll try the mod as well and see how it goes.

PS - this was in Caucasus with the Su-25T doing cluster bomb runs at 3,000m.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Hello, simply amazing mod, i was about to leave VR since my pc was a bit to low to have good performances but now, wow. I'm like a little kid at Christmas!

Just a question for CV1 users, what MASKSIZE do you guys use?

Thank you for your feedback!

Aand Kegetys, you are a legend!

I've settled on 0.73.

It works wonders in SP, but I keep getting an error in MP with some of the files:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shader "bazar/shaders/model/glass_material.fx"failed to compile. Reason:

warning X4717: Effects deprecated for D3DCompiler_47 functions/glass.hls(82,9-43): warning X3206: implicit

truncation of vector type

functions/glass.hls(101,64-79):error X3018: invalid subscript 'DIFFUSE_UV'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Thoughts?

Good to see this getting a lot of reads and uses. Hope ed see it and give it some thought

Good to see lefuneste in here with 3dmigoto ideas too as using that mod can help with ic issues on mp

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

OrionAstronaut, I had the same problem, need to copy the original glass.hlsl file from your backup Shaders folder:

I can confirm that this works! I just copied the original glass.hlsl file back into the functions folder. Thanks for that Brixmis.

This mod is pretty amazing! Thanks Kegetys!

I've got the same issue upon startup:

Shader "bazar/shaders/deferred/ResolveDepth.fx" failed to compile. Reason:

warning X4717: Effects deprecated for D3DCompiler_47 D:\...\bazar\shaders\deferred\ResolveDepth.fx{89,17-33}:Unrecognized token disableAlphaBlend

Am running an AMD Vega 64 on the current 18.6.1 drivers version if that is any help?

Getting the same issue too. :ermm:

Getting the same issue too. :ermm:

Me too!! ??

After I backup the original shaders directory do I merge the new shaders files or simply just copy the new shaders? I would think I would need mostly the original shader files and then have replaced the 16 or so of them with the new ones??

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

Me too!! ??

After I backup the original shaders directory do I merge the new shaders files or simply just copy the new shaders? I would think I would need mostly the original shader files and then have replaced the 16 or so of them with the new ones??

Thanks, Whitav8! That's what it was. Needed to copy that folder over the old one. Duh:doh:...cant belive I didn't think of that..haha!

It works wonders in SP, but I keep getting an error in MP with some of the files:

Shader "bazar/shaders/model/glass_material.fx"failed to compile. Reason:

warning X4717: Effects deprecated for D3DCompiler_47 functions/glass.hls(82,9-43): warning X3206: implicit

truncation of vector type

functions/glass.hls(101,64-79):error X3018: invalid subscript 'DIFFUSE_UV'

Any Thoughts?

This works without loosing the glass optimized shader :

I have a butcher's fix for the shader compilation error (until properly done by the OP):

At line 101 of glass.hlsl (Bazar\shaders\model\functions\glass.hlsl)

replace :

with

#ifdef DIFFUSE_UV        
#endif

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

This is a game changer. I'm rocking SSAA x2 after using this mod. I'm also happy to see his name again after so many years back when OFP is in its prime. :cry::thumbup:

Intel Core i5 2500K, 12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3, Z68X-UD3-B3, GTX 1080 (ZOTAC International), SSD 850 EVO

can anyone guide as to how to open and edit a HLSL file to increase the MASKSIZE VALUE?

Hi westr

You can use notepad or notepad++(suggested for editing stuff like this). And I believe its the second line in the HLSL file

Awesome work , can really crank the settings now . What mask size are odyssey users using ?

I used .575 for my Odyssey. Seems to work. Not seeing the weird outline like I was when it was at .525

897562951_HLSLedit.thumb.PNG.643b654c760b7ab6506459cdd4ff614f.PNG

Edited by walleye62