The 3D cockpit thread

Alfa

Hi,

A topic for everyone working on 3D cockpits. So show your work - it doesn't have to be specifically for DCS, but can be any project you are working on.

To start I will show some of my W.I.P cockpit projects;

F/A-18A(Lot 6, Block 12)

F-18A_screen_1.thumb.jpg.b75ab5cac63871e85c6b5fabef269b06.jpg

F-18A_screen_2.thumb.jpg.276516e3f223b3eb30922888b1768985.jpg

F-18A_rend_2.thumb.jpg.e251e68197bb26d9241427d3bc199bd0.jpg

F-18A_rend_3.thumb.jpg.bf43be8533ff897b565867ee9797086b.jpg

F-18A_rend_5.thumb.jpg.7cd947f930234a0e8bad2df7a36f5763.jpg

JJ

A blast from the past ;)

I don't have anything related but at least I can share admiration on your work Jens. Are you in touch with any sim developers to have your work implemented?

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

A blast from the past ;)

I don't have anything related but at least I can share admiration on your work Jens. Are you in touch with any sim developers to have your work implemented?

Hi Tito - long time no see! :)

Thanks for the kind words mate, but no its just some hobby-modelling(hope others will share theirs too) and my pits are not really suited for sims or even close to completion - e.g. they are still completely untextured and all text, decals etc are done with geometry(!). So they don't render well(sorry about that) and if they look a little strange then thats why :P .

I have some more even less completed stuff like a Su-27K pit(maybe I will show that later) and the attached, which I think you will recognise ;)

screen_1.thumb.jpg.f96b48675eb0ba42e2af888bfd94ad26.jpg

JJ

Very nice work Alfa!

I've only seen 311 cockpit and not 312, so this is a nice moment to see the difference...

F18 looks very well polished... few proportion/etc. problems (might be because I am 29 fan as well :D ) with Mig29 but I know it is a WIP so hats off, you are on great path... I look forward to see more :)

Ka-27 pit! Truly awesome! I see you haven't left behind your naval interest ;)

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Very nice work Alfa!

Thanks! :)

I've only seen 311 cockpit and not 312, so this is a nice moment to see the difference...

I would like that too :D. The only photo reference I have for the 312(in original layout from 1990) is the attached image - too small for details, but at least its clear that there are differences between the layout of the 311 and 312, with the latter having some similarities with the MiG-29M no. 155, so for details I had to use photos of this and the 311.

F18 looks very well polished...

Still quite crude at places - especially the seat and throttle.

..few proportion/etc. problems (might be because I am 29 fan as well :D ) with Mig29 but I know it is a WIP so hats off, you are on great path... I look forward to see more :)

Oh I know Vatikus, but you are very welcome to point out what you see - its always good to have another set of eyes to look at it and point out errors I haven't noticed or even just to confirm what I realise is off myself. Mind you, some of it might be related to the camera angle...I am having some problems with zoom levels(which can distort things) due to the confined space inside the pit.

MIG-29K_312_1.jpg.d3f29739f317d95723d1af9e3c5b2029.jpg

JJ

Good work on your cockpits looks like you may have a good worth of investing in the future if you ever so wander to wanting to join one of ED's 3rd parties. :thumbup:

Thanks! - but aside from actually finishing the project, there would be a huge amount of work in optimising geometry, texture mapping/painting and animating before something like that could become realistic.

JJ

Ka-27 pit!

Yup!. Just the main instrument- and Nav panel for now, but I found some pretty good photo references for a Ka-27PL pit, so I am going to keep working on that one :)

Truly awesome! I see you haven't left behind your naval interest ;)

Hehe no - in fact all my pits(except the MiG-29) are naval oriented.

JJ