ED Forums - View Single Post - Shkval targeting system slewing
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 12:26 AM   #7
PeaceSells

PeaceSells is a jewel in the roughPeaceSells is a jewel in the roughPeaceSells is a jewel in the roughPeaceSells is a jewel in the roughPeaceSells is a jewel in the roughPeaceSells is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederf View Post
Diagonal motion with hat switch depends on your controller. It will move diagonally if two buttons are pressed at the same time. If your diagonal hat ouputs two buttons when diagonally pressed it works fine. If your diagonal hat outputs a separate button then it won't.

There are two fixes for this: Use joystick programming software so diagonal press instead outputs the nieghboring vertical/lateral buttons at the same time.

Two, bind the 8 outputs (A B C D E F G H) to the 4 directions like this:
Up H A B
Right B C D
Down D E F
Left F G H
Of course this is impossible in the GUI but I think it can be done with text editing. The lines in DCS will have red highlights because it thinks multi-binding is a problem.
Yes, what I do is use TARGET to generate the 'Thrustmaster Combined' and set the throttle's POV hat as the 'Trustmaster Combined' POV hat and set the stick's POV hat as 4 normal buttons. This way I can use the stick's POV hat as the shkval slew, because I also like to have it on the stick, like the real chopper.

The stick on the T16000M only has one hat and it's a 8-way hat... Would be nice if ED made the shkval work normally with 8-way hats, would save you from having to use profiling software...
Core i7 4770 3.40GHz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 2GB, Intel motherboard DB85FL, ASUS monitor VG248 144Hz 24" 16:9, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS and TFRP pedals, TrackHat Clip Kit, Logitech G300 mouse 1000Hz @1000DPI, Windows 10 64bit
PeaceSells is offline   Reply With Quote