ED Forums - View Single Post - Shkval targeting system slewing
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 04:18 PM   #5
PeaceSells

PeaceSells is a jewel in the roughPeaceSells is a jewel in the roughPeaceSells is a jewel in the roughPeaceSells is a jewel in the roughPeaceSells is a jewel in the roughPeaceSells is a jewel in the rough

After trying the BS2 shkval with both my 4-way hat and my ministick (I own a T16000M HOTAS), the 4-way gave me much better results. But that's because of the low quality of the mini-stick (would like to hear if there's any HOTAS with good quality mini-stick out there) and because ED programmed a very welcome acceleration for the 4-way hat that makes it move faster if you hold it long enough, but slow if you release it quickly. The low quality mini-stick can't even come close to that precision, even after much adjustments to sensitivity, deadzone, curve, etc.

Weirdly, the 8-way hat doesn't work very well, because the diagonals aren't accepted...
Core i7 4770 3.40GHz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 2GB, Intel motherboard DB85FL, ASUS monitor VG248 144Hz 24" 16:9, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS and TFRP pedals, TrackHat Clip Kit, Logitech G300 mouse 1000Hz @1000DPI, Windows 10 64bit
PeaceSells is offline   Reply With Quote