Getting started with 3D printing

obious

Hi All,

Long story short, I've just purchased an Anycubic Chiron (Should be here within the week) and am looking for some advice in how to get the best out of it.

For my first couple of prints, I'm looking to build a switch housing for the Hornet's right side consoles (ECS, INTR LT etc); planning on using PCFlights panels. Since I'm not planning on printing anything fancy just yet, I'd like to know how to get the best quality prints possible given everything being printed is either a right angle or a straight line.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Know your slicer and different settings and how they affect quality. Also Keep an eye on 3d cad software because sinewy or layer you will begin to modify stl files or create your own ones

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Be sure to level your bed properly/calibrate your axis. Setup is one of the biggest factors of print success. Also know that no two materials print the same. PLA likes cooling ABS HATES it.

Don’t be afraid to post process. Some sanding, filling primer, and paint really does wonders for final results. Also for mechanical parts, you’ll get the best results following up with drill, grinding, fitting. Think of your print as being a 90% finished part.

Post images along with your Syl files so someone behind you doesn’t have to reinvent the wheel so to speak.

Iirc about a year ago there was a thread for users to post files that they had printed to to share the Syl and or cad files.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.