Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Great battle yesterday!

Must say though that spotting others, especially Hilos, was really easy. The ufo light beams disappeared as soon as there was a slightest change from darkness to a very early stage of sunrise. It just became much more realistic. I hope that ED's will sort this light beam issue out one day.

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's very strange and frustrating. Why oh why would these tanks just not be there -_-

I mean, they're there from the beginning. They're not activated later on or something. These damn weird bugs...

Once I've cleaned them all with ka50, so they are there. I've seen them on abris last night but unfortunately vulcan raped me from behind. Oh god how i hate night in vr, especially in ka-50 :)

Once I've cleaned them all with ka50, so they are there. I've seen them on abris last night but unfortunately vulcan raped me from behind. Oh god how i hate night in vr, especially in ka-50 :)

I have also seen them there before, but for some reason they were not there yesterday :dunno:

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In about 2 hours operation Fight Island will go online after the current mission Hold The Line.

Hope to see you there!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

That Challenger ll shot was from a distance of 4.5 km aimed at a T-72. As you can see here the T-72 was missed by ca. 50 meters. Still though, the T-72 was set on fire -_-

Must be a bug, unless it was a high explosive shell with such an impact. I don't think so...

6dVfjbs.png

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I have written to Ed regardingthis issue, they are aware of it and have it on the list of bigs to fix.

I have also tested the moon states and the best is 1 to 3 days before total dark. This still gives halo of aircraft but fades within 4 nm.

That was the best we could find.

ED are also going to add the moon states for developers to allow them to know what the night scene would be without having to load up the mission and check each time.

It's just a matter of time.

M-D

That Challenger ll shot was from a distance of 4.5 km aimed at a T-72. As you can see here the T-72 was missed by ca. 50 meters. Still though, the T-72 was set on fire -_-

Must be a bug, unless it was a high explosive shell with such an impact. I don't think so...

Shots are not synchronized in MP, the Challenger hit the T-72 on his side/screen. If you are looking it from the perspective of the T-72, the shot you saw land there is not actually where it landed.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I've noticed that when I kill player-controlled ground units, either with another CA unit or with an aircraft, they often teleport about 20-50 metres and then catch fire. It's very strange but seems to happen pretty consistently.

Just DCS things, I guess. :doh:

I've stollen a kill again to some mig 15 last night. I've mistakenly iff it for f86.

But i won't apologize to those (You've stoll my kill) because they don't see the whole picture. My opinion is, it is more important to eliminate enemy fast than let (You've stoll my kill) to play with their pray and let other bandits come to check what is going on.

So if i will judge it is time to kill, I will kill. I don't give a shit about anyones kill counts, cause at the end of the day team victory only counts.

Some do. And often it's less about the kill count, and more about the fact that someone spent some time getting into position to get a kill, putting effort towards it, and waiting for his reward for that effort. If someone then comes in and steals that kill, they deprive that person from getting that reward.

Human brains do like their dopamine

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

I've stollen a kill again to some mig 15 last night. I've mistakenly iff it for f86.

But i won't apologize to those (You've stoll my kill) because they don't see the whole picture. My opinion is, it is more important to eliminate enemy fast than let (You've stoll my kill) to play with their pray and let other bandits come to check what is going on.

So if i will judge it is time to kill, I will kill. I don't give a shit about anyones kill counts, cause at the end of the day team victory only counts.

That was me. Right before you killed that F-5 someone stuck a missile up my engine nozzle and blew me up in the process. I'm not salty about that kill steal, but would like to know if I was TK'd. Was that you?

Do players count their kills?

I don't, at least not since the scoreboard bug became a thing, though it's nice to have numbers confirming your achievments (or failings).

Some do. And often it's less about the kill count, and more about the fact that someone spent some time getting into position to get a kill, putting effort towards it, and waiting for his reward for that effort. If someone then comes in and steals that kill, they deprive that person from getting that reward.

Human brains do like their dopamine

Couldn't have said it better myself.

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

Server News:

* The NEW Mission has arrived!

* Viggens in the mission Fight Island spawning on top of each other - Fixed.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Fight Island:

That's the coolest screenshot anyone's ever taken of me. Thanks man!

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

So I had fun tangling with these two MiGs (4X speed). I generally don't like to chase the MiG 21 in a climb, but sometimes the results can be satisfying.

Unfortunately my TRK file of the match was corrupt, as they often are. Does anyone have a track file of Hold The Line from Sept 16 that they'd be willing to share? Maybe I'll have better luck. (I know there are was to change camera angles and such).

Edited by DrRed

Northrop F-5E TIGER II

Intel i7-9700k @ 5.0 GHz | GTX 3070 | 32 GB | HTC VIVE PRO 2
Virpil T50 CM2 base + CM2 grip | CM2 Throttle | VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV

Operation Tiberias

Round 2:

Thursday, the 24th of September, 1900 zulu

I've just received a pm from ViFF who promised to bring 30+ players of the Israeli DCS community to the mission but only if it's on Thursday. So Thursday it is! And with that, let's just reserve the Blue team for the ViFF pilots only. At least this time around. So now I can only hope more Red pilots would show up! I can only say that it is really fun though very tough flying the Fishbed or the Tiger against them advanced fighters. I do that myself quite often on the 104th server and get some kills from time to time. It is doable. One simply has to come up with different tactics and be very patient. I really hope Red would show up this time.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

First come, first serverd. There wont be no reservations for Red. Only when a whole community with 30+ players suddenly decides to show up then it's an exceptional situation. Any player who's not a member of the DCS Israeli community joining Blue will be removed.

Now, if some "Red" community with such a large number of players also decides to show up I'll have no problem with reserving the slots for them. That'd be very promising and quite a show to watch!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments