The Enemy Within DLC

The Enemy Within is a story - driven campaign that puts you in cockpit of an A-10C Warthog, sent as a part of small US detachment to Georgia in order to help contain a growing threat from a terrorist organisation calling itself the "Caucasus Liberation Army" (CLA). As the story unfolds, you will be faced with a variety of challenges, including close air support, precision strikes, combat search and rescue, anti-ship strikes and even air to air combat. Striving to be as realistic as possible, the units featured in the campaign are based on their real-life counterparts. It also uses a sophisticated radio control system, meaning that you have to tune your on-board radios to the correct frequency to be able to hear more than 670 voiceovers included in the campaign. There are also over 80 pages on FRAGOs (fragmentary orders, based on the ones used by US Air Force), 50 pages of briefings and 40 maps and recon photos designed to help you successfully finish all the 21 missions.

DOWNLOAD / STORE PAGE

BRIEFINGS AND DOCUMENTS (PDF, 22Mb)

The Enemy Within DLC Trailer

CAMPAIGN COVER

p6s2f0fr3wGFB5EoFSLfffukSsjcV-aCLeP3PkJJiPkB1zfkKHmuML86aDbX8icECGwac5XM778jSmyfeUMMb7w9a4S4JB7DUB5LZCRJogwsrCbSiLAC7lLtt0U972_0EPPvElf072oWVl-3htA-u0Hmo4CNbpkysa45dJUYUL43idj58aTHbBYu4GF13288y4Oknfai4CVCALpVg7riNOKccpgmIHbbvA7v9DdeTO8Qmy0_AQrr84qzBEGIXkETGPM5lCCS6qHhE536FUMMkgundT24Z1JgKn9j4NFT2qiAZRJxH03uSqzT8URd2IXY7a4db1pKeAS977E8GkKUtluO9JOP6aX_dWJu01yefK7wueqZLOmOMT31T2zaAYGny7kAoYm-BvN8kf9rlx9Zh5a7WW8cZL69Z72sYE-4EIVEZ9oG4Rg2WYFoEqhFQqY0vDIqidHJVQCLch-0KS0lRQrLpL-62DFon4Iz3_Rer1dpY-ltf5jFfyeFX_4JCYtikvDKyt80RczyOhk3Y0jgNVDtdCG4e1YE7lX7JJNIrAOu7j0i_HkTIvhI11LhrwqSenOd=w500-h714-no

THE STORY SO FAR

Fall 2014

Georgia is granted NATO Membership Action Plan at the summit in Wales.

November 2014

Russian Ambassador to NATO, Aleksandr Grushko, warns that any expansion of the Alliance to the East will be seen as a direct threat to Russia.

Suicide bomber kills 45 people and wounds 112 during a concert in Freedom Square in Tblisi. A previously unknown organisation calling itself 'Caucaus Liberation Army (CLA)' claims responsibility for the attack.

December 2014

Two bombs explode during a friendly football match between Georgia and Armenia in Tblisi, attended by the presidents of both nations. 24 people are killed, at least 50 wounded. CLA warns that this is just the beginning of their campaign, though refuses to state its goals.

January 2015

Russia strengthens its forces in North Caucasus in response to the "imminent terrorist threat", claiming links between CLA and the Caucasus Emirate.

A few rockets are shot at Georgian military base in the north of the country. 3 soldiers are wounded.

February 2015

Another two CLA attacks claim lives of 25 people. Georgian authorities ask NATO for assistance.

March 2015

Georgian Mi8 is shot down in the mountains north of Tblisi. Georgian military claims that the terrorists are establishing bases near the border with Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Border Police arrests more than 100 illegal immigrants trying to enter the country from Azerbaijan, Russia and Armenia, some of them of Lebanese origin, many carrying weapons and explosives.

Without official NATO decision being taken, US President decides to support the Georgians with the squadron of A10C's from the 74th Flying Tigers. 8 planes are scheduled to land in Kobuleti Airbase on March 29th.

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for those who have played the first version of the campaign (actually: the second, full version with 18 missions) a short summary of what has changed:

- 80 pages of FRAGOs (fragmentary orders), based on the ones used by military in real operations

- around 50 pages of briefing / objectives text

- around 40 maps and recon photos

- 3 totally new missions and additional tasks in two others

- a total of 672 voiceovers in the campaign (so more than 150 new ones, something new is happening in almost every mission)

- total number of missions: 21 (I would estimate that gives around 30-35 hours to finish the campaign, give or take)

Purchased! Been waiting for this and I have never played any of the missions before. I'm really hoping this is what I feel have been missing in DCS: a really good campaign. The A-10C may not be my favorite aircraft, but it doesn't matter. Content is king! :)

Thanks for uploading the briefings and documents separately. I've been holding off playing the old 'free' version so it wouldn't spoil the full monty.

I really need to find some time, then I'll fly it and post full AARs on my website.

Well done.:thumbup:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Thanks for uploading the briefings and documents separately. I've been holding off playing the old 'free' version so it wouldn't spoil the full monty.

I really need to find some time, then I'll fly it and post full AARs on my website.

Well done.:thumbup:

Great! Looking forward to your reports! Have fun!

I've just completed the first mission. Great build-up! One question: how does the campaign react to a failed mission. Does it go forward either way or can you do the mission again?

As it is story driven it won't force you a step back. If you utterly fail (I.e die) you will be forced to replay the mission. If you don't get your objectives but manage to land in one piece it will still progress - you will get a different debriefing though depending on what you accomplish. You can always refly the mission you are not happy with by choosing an option in the debriefing screen.

Currently if you eject but manage to destroy your targets before, the mission will progress When doing some major update I might add a good script from Yurgon that will count ejection as failure.

As it is story driven it won't force you a step back. If you utterly fail (I.e die) you will be forced to replay the mission. If you don't get your objectives but manage to land in one piece it will still progress - you will get a different debriefing though depending on what you accomplish. You can always refly the mission you are not happy with by choosing an option in the debriefing screen.

Currently if you eject but manage to destroy your targets before, the mission will progress When doing some major update I might add a good script from Yurgon that will count ejection as failure.

Thanks, that's good to know!

hi... is there coop missions in this DLC?

thanks...

Hey hannibal,

Unfortunately - not. I know I have promised that and I started working to have them released, but first overhauling the whole campaign and adding new missions under 1.2 took quite a lot of time, and then I had to spend a lot of time again to make it all 1.5 compatible and play test everything, which left me with very little space left for MP versions :(

At this stage my idea is to post a poll here after some time (to give people a few weeks to go through the campaign) about 4-5 missions that they would like to see most in the MP mode, after which I would start working on them (it requires some work, as AFAIK the Radio Transmission system used in SP campaign is still bugged in MP mode, which means that I would have to redo all the dialogues).

Once again, I know I said I would add them in the initial release and I am sorry I didn't make it. TEW came out at very hot point in time for DCS, with lots of changes that needed additional work from my side.

In mission 2 I made it back to base and performed a landing with a damaged front gear wheel. I was then stuck on the runway and could not taxi to the parking area. Does that count as a fail? It seemed like it did since I couldn't proceed to mission 3. :)

Will this campain dlc compatible with DCS world v2 at a ltr date?

I have alot of interest to buy it but want to know this before i do.

Atm i have no time at all to fly due to a whole house make over :(.

So its no rush for me ;)

Man the dust is killing my comp lol.

ty and good job so far , from what i read about this campain.

regards.

In mission 2 I made it back to base and performed a landing with a damaged front gear wheel. I was then stuck on the runway and could not taxi to the parking area. Does that count as a fail? It seemed like it did since I couldn't proceed to mission 3. :)

Normally it shouldn't be a problem, mission sees player as "landed" somewhere half way through the runway. Plus landing is not necessary to finish the mission, I will check the triggers for M2 later and get back to you.

Will this campain dlc compatible with DCS world v2 at a ltr date?

I have alot of interest to buy it but want to know this before i do.

Atm i have no time at all to fly due to a whole house make over :(.

So its no rush for me ;)

Man the dust is killing my comp lol.

ty and good job so far , from what i read about this campain.

regards.

Good luck with the works, I know the feeling!

Yes, the campaign will be compatible, hopefully without too much tweaking. Which means that I will make sure it is, even if I have to work over all the missions (as was the case with moving from 1.2 to 2.5).

When I downloaded the docs, I ended up with 2 folders. One with 21 files that adobe could read and a second folder labeled Macosx that also contained 21 files that could not be read by my adobe reader. I have the latest version of the reader.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Good luck with the works, I know the feeling!

Yes, the campaign will be compatible, hopefully without too much tweaking. Which means that I will make sure it is, even if I have to work over all the missions (as was the case with moving from 1.2 to 2.5).

:thumbup: tnx

When I downloaded the docs, I ended up with 2 folders. One with 21 files that adobe could read and a second folder labeled Macosx that also contained 21 files that could not be read by my adobe reader. I have the latest version of the reader.

That is probably because the PDFs were created from the Pages (Mac native word). The other folder most probably contain the same files, important that the PDF ones work OK for you.

This happened to me too (MANPAD got all my wheels). I had to shutdown, repair on the runway, start up the engines and then I could taxi and got mission completed debrief.

Good thing my wingmen didn't run out of fuel while waiting to land :)

This happened to me too (MANPAD got all my wheels). I had to shutdown, repair on the runway, start up the engines and then I could taxi and got mission completed debrief.

Good thing my wingmen didn't run out of fuel while waiting to land :)

I will check the flags and points, it should be enough that player survives to progress the campaign. Thanks for the info! Have fun with the rest of the campaign!

Mission 2 worked for me, despite my front wheels gone and mission ended on the runway.

Please help with mission 3.

The coords 38T LN 1372 3538 lead me to Beslan - a 130 mile ride and nothing there. Did I make a mistake somewhere?

I entered 38T first, then the coords, then hit the WP button.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Mission 2 worked for me, despite my front wheels gone and mission ended on the runway.

Please help with mission 3.

The coords 38T LN 1372 3538 lead me to Beslan - a 130 mile ride and nothing there. Did I make a mistake somewhere?

I entered 38T first, then the coords, then hit the WP button.

Hey,

See below

According to my notes it is 38T LN 1372 3835 :) but I need to check in mission.

Checked, it definitely is as I posted above.

To get a new WP in CDU you should first press Waypoint button, then OSB next to the number? to create a new WP, and then put the coords in scratchpad and put them in

Edited by baltic_dragon

These are MGRS coords, and they will be used a lot during the campaign. They're based on UTM (or work in addition to/conjunction with UTM).

Assuming you know how to punch in coords but never had to change the grid zone designator (in the Caucasus map either 37T or 38T), the grid zone designator needs to be entered on its own, using the left LSK, second from the bottom. After that, the rest of the coordinates are entered and then accepted with the left LSK, bottom-most.

Example: 38T AB 1234 5678

Enter into CDU: 38T

Hit the Line Select Key (LSK) left, second from the bottom

Enter into CDU: AB12345678

Hit the LSK left, bottom-most

Actually entering the coords into the CDU:

More reading:

UTM Coords Explained

An Idiots Guide to understanding MGRS coordinates

Does someone know the naming convention for the CDU line select keys? Is the top left one called "LSK L1"? I'm not sure, that's why I described them via their position in the above example.

Edited by Yurgon
Clarified a question

Thanks for the reminder how to input coords correctly ;-).

Found the location, but ... any tips on spotting targets with the tgp? I didn't manage it and had to send the wingman to attack. Even when I knew the spot I couldn't see any targets on the tgp. Just ground clutter and buildings in any of the modes.

I seem to remember that spotting has become very difficult in 1.5 ...

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.