Mistral distance

stalhuth

According to a changelog the new mistral distance will be 7 Km but still 4 km, something wrong? :(

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

The Mistral detection range vs a Mi-8 is about x4 what it used to be.

I've just done a quick test in 2.5.2 and detected a Mi-8 on a FARP @ 5.5 km (shot fell to ground before hitting target but I was low @ 200m AGL) and had a rear aspect kill shot on another @ 4.8 km using the Mistral.

attachment.php?attachmentid=185385&stc=1&d=1527299387

AFAIK 7 km is a maximum range - dependent on target aspect and size with say, a smaller/cooler KA-50 having a shorter range than a F-15 using afterburner.

Although 4 km shots are possible, I prefer closer (~2 km) shots, as they allows positive target ID and the target has less time to spot the missile/deploy flares.

As far as I can tell, nothing has changed regarding Mistral range between 2.5.1 and 2.5.2

YMMV.

773076372_GazelleMistral4_8kmkillshot2_5_2.thumb.JPG.1443c2d1f44eb02e9a25511281fb8ed2.JPG

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

The Mistral detection range vs a Mi-8 is about x4 what it used to be.

I've just done a quick test in 2.5.2 and detected a Mi-8 on a FARP @ 5.5 km (shot fell to ground before hitting target but I was low @ 200m AGL) and had a rear aspect kill shot on another @ 4.8 km using the Mistral.

attachment.php?attachmentid=185385&stc=1&d=1527299387

AFAIK 7 km is a maximum range - dependent on target aspect and size with say, a smaller/cooler KA-50 having a shorter range than a F-15 using afterburner.

Although 4 km shots are possible, I prefer closer (~2 km) shots, as they allows positive target ID and the target has less time to spot the missile/deploy flares.

As far as I can tell, nothing has changed regarding Mistral range between 2.5.1 and 2.5.2

YMMV.

DCS SA342 by Polychop Simulations

Added SA342Minigun module

Added SA342Minigun addendum.txt file in module Doc folder

Corrected PBR textures, no more "roughmet" textures are used, according to particular light conditions some issues may still show

Multicrew mode, Nadir use has been moved to copilot, pilot is no more able to use the Nadir if a copilot is aboard.

Corrected Rockets range and effect

Corrected Mistral missile, now it's all aspects and 7km range

Corrected HOT3 effect regarding unarmoured vehicles (infantry, trucks ...)

Added Copilot Intercom functionality

Corrected Cockpit glasses

Reworked Gyro and AP logic

In order to prevent conflicts between the main joystick and a possible second joystick when targeting with the camera, a new option has been added in Options/Special/SA342 named "SECOND JOYSTICK FOR CAMERA", it has to be unchecked if you don't use a second joystick for the Camera (Viviane or else) and it has to be checked if you use a second joystick.

Due to latency issues, ability for the copilot to pilot the helicopter in multicrew mode has been removed.

Added missing keyboard or joystick assignments in controls, Warning, Due to new input additions, it could be needed to re-assign some inputs.

Restored behavior at ground, the helicopter will begin to roll or pitch around 45% torque

Corrected controls position for FFB or non-FFB sticks, including diamond, 3d stick in cockpit view, 3d stick in external view

Corrected ADF guage CAP flag

Cockpit lights have been fixed including writings flickering, issues may persist under specific light conditions

Replaced "Improve your skill" mission 2.5.0 version

Corrected sun glasses

A new document has been added to the module doc folder, named "Gazelle Multicrew 24-04-2018.txt" talking about multicrew limitations.

Damages due to negative g has been added

FM has been refined in some areas

Corrected camera control when in slaved mode

NADIR, Auxiliaries will display continuously i.e "AUX 1-6". Pressing AUX key again or using the EFF long key press will revert to previous display.

Weapons training missions changed for Caucasus and Nevada.

Minigun gunner animation is still WIP and will be corrected

The Gazelle module goes out of beta state, potential still existing issues will be corrected in time.

Line number 6

RYZEN 7 1800X 3.5ghz / 32 DDR4 RAM Crucial / Nvidia 2070 RTX EVGA / Samsung SSD 500 GB / Acer XB270H G-Sync / Trackir 5 / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / Oculus CV1

Line number 6

You quote from Open Beta 2.5.1 released on 25th April 2018 (as I said, prior to that patch, the 'lock' range was approx 1.5 km).

If you want Polychop to increase the range of the MBDA Mistral - you'll need to say, against what target/aspect you think the range is too small and why.

Would you like the SA-18 Igla manpad range to increase similarly, as it is a similar class of missile or is your complaint that the 2.5.1 patch note is inaccurate and you expected all targets, regardless of size/aspect, to be in range at 7 km ?

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

You quote from Open Beta 2.5.1 released on 25th April 2018 (as I said, prior to that patch, the 'lock' range was approx 1.5 km).

If you want Polychop to increase the range of the MBDA Mistral - you'll need to say, against what target/aspect you think the range is too small and why.

Would you like the SA-18 Igla manpad range to increase similarly, as it is a similar class of missile or is your complaint that the 2.5.1 patch note is inaccurate and you expected all targets, regardless of size/aspect, to be in range at 7 km ?

NO complains here, just read about the missile range by Polychop and I was curious, maybe the company can clarify my doubts over here

I'm not sure what you guys mean.

Range is ok for me, around 7.4 km, The missile can be shoot at any aspect.

Hitting the target is a different story though.

Without the target dispensing flares, around 100% hit at any range.

Above 3 to 4 km when target is dispensing flares hitting the target will rely on "luck".

Below 3 km you have a better chance to hit the target even with target dispensing flares.

But all this depend on a lot of conditions...

Edited by Pat01

I'm not sure what you guys mean.

Range is ok for me, around 7.4 km, The missile can be shoot at any aspect.

But all this depend on a lot of conditions...

Thanks, for taking the time to test.

I'd jumped into my 'target rich' Gazelle sandbox mission to test if @stalhuth's enquiry/report was accurate, didn't mean to suggest 7 km wasn't possible - just 4 launches at random Mi-8's, to see if anything had changed in 2.5.2, it hadn't.