VERGEEV Group campaign RELEASED!

I have bought the Vergeev Campaign quite some time ago, but now that I have set up my DCS-BS2 Helios -finally, I noticed, that I don't have the campaing any longer.

Can I redownload somewhere? Without paying again.

Windows 10, I7 8700k@5,15GHz, 32GB Ram, GTX1080, HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift CV1, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] ЯБоГ32_Принз

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

I bought the VERGEEV Group Campaign the other day and wanted to leave some positive feedback for you :)

So far I am enjoying the missions very much and they are the sort of missions that I have been longing to fly, nice long missions with some routine flying mixed in, which is giving a great feeling of being part of a unit!

I am loving the atmosphere that the briefings and overall mission environment provides.

You have done a fantastic job thanks very much for taking the time to create it!

Only odd thing is that my helo appears to be Orange with the word WARNING in red written on it LOL!!! I assume this is something to do with the licensing information I am supposed to be sent within 48hrs?

Thanks again!

Only odd thing is that my helo appears to be Orange with the word WARNING in red written on it LOL!!! I assume this is something to do with the licensing information I am supposed to be sent within 48hrs?

Thank you very much.

Make screenshots please. For me this unexpected news! I am amazed.:alien:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ich werde Dichter, wenn das Ziel in Visier auf.

Thank you very much.

Make screenshots please. For me this unexpected news! I am amazed.:alien:

Sounds like a broken install. (Warning missing texture I bet it says.)

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Yes Jona is right. With all the DCS World Stuff and Blackshark updates, something went awry.

No matter I found the problem without having to uninstall everything, it appears all my settings for the older versions of Black Shark and DCS A10 had been kept in my application data folder during the migration to DCS World. I removed these, loaded up and it was all fine :)

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like it, I'll pick it up and give it a go and post back

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay, I used my credit card and am currently downloading the missions. I would really prefer Paypal, though and it is frustrating to have it shown as a payment method and then not be able to use it.

+1

Purchase was smooth (from my iPad), but PayPal is also my preferred method and I would have liked to use it. Seeing a payment method listed that is not available next to all of the 'verification tags' from MasterCard, Visa and so forth makes you think twice about entering you details and the sites legitimacy... Just my thoughts...

Waiting for the email and download links now. Once installed into DCS: World I'll post back.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So the missions themselves work fine, but there are a couple of caveats when installed into a clean DCS World environment with Ka-50 (and other modules) installed...

1. You must extract the missions into a folder in the DCS World\Mods\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Campaigns folder for the campaign to be seen by DCS.

2. The skins for the players Ka-50 have changed in DCS World since Black Shark and the result is the Orange missing texture template as seen below.

3. The Yak 40 also has the Georgian skin in place of the Russian Aeroflot skin due to changes in DCS World.

Ka-50 skin error

Screen_120728_091452.jpg

Yak-40 skin error

Screen_120728_092013.jpg

As I said, the structure of the missions, and the triggers in mission 1 function as they should. The unit disposition and activations occur as they should.

The English translation could do with a little brushing up from a native speaker, but it is clear what is expected of you and for the money it's absolutely worth it.

I'm editing my missions to tweak these inconsistencies out and resisting the urge to look 'under the covers' too much at the mission logic, but unfortunately as soon as they're editied and saved they loose the briefing images and the sound, and although I've managed to get the originals by extracting them from the miz files, despite implementing the hot fix that Wags posted for the in game sound files, only some of them will then play in the ME and in game :(

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To keep everyone in the loop, I think that I've identified a way to update the missions for DCS World without breaking them...

I'll post up here when they're confirmed as fixed.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think mostly because the project is old. It was originally released for BS1 a couple of years ago... Plus I'm doing some brushing up of the English grammar.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hmmm, would seem so, then.

I'll think very carefully before I pay for any more campaigns - and they will need to be complete before I do.

No offense to some campaign/mission builders, but I have never purchased user made ones in any game I have played. One reason is for this exact issue. Also, when a patch comes out, or an upgrade it is hit or miss they will still work, or will even be revised to work.

The fact you never know when support will end, and the fact many builders make free ones, and just as good if not better than paid makes it hard for me to shell out for.

i5 3570k @ 4.3

560ti GTX 2gig

8gig RAM

Intel SSD

Win7 64bit

• 2 weeks later...

The project is suspended but not closed. To reassure you, I can say that much of the work for the next 20 missions package was done already. The main issue is the stability. You can see yourself how quickly the BS versions change and the day new patch is realeased we've got a problem. Since we're getting money for the product we must ensure it runs flawless (or close to that) on Vergreev Group pilots PC's. Testing for errors is the essential part of the campaign development. New changes to simulator's engine means that all 20 missions must be tested again and maybe "re-programmed" and then tested once more. It's hell of the time - for both sound sense and commercial reasons we can not afford to be in a constant update mode.

We prefer to wait until the stable version of BS (which would probably happen not earlier than after the next global update of DCS World) is released being confirmed by the developers. We hope for your understanding.

JD_LincsUK

Here I don't agree with you. I'm not a boastful kind of a guy, but if you read this thread you can trace a public opinion that we've established a new benchmark for BS campaigns. Some even say that we should have charged more.

Thank you for the info.

I don't know what you disagree about, though? I was saying that I will buy only complete campaigns in future, which I think is quite fair enough.

It has nothing to do with the amount charged, or the quality of the work, so I don't know why you have said that.

I mostly disagreed with the fact that there are free third-party campaign missions as good, or even better, than the paid ones. At least, nobody provided us with a link in this thread )))

The rest is quite understood, no questions.

If that was directed to me, you must understand I talking about sims in general, not just DCS.

I am still too new to DCS, and have only DL'd Bigfoot's traning missions. Another option to those are paid ones. I think the ones I used are brilliant. From what I gather, not missing much compared to paid ones.

Maybe my mind will change later. Who knows. Anyway good too see there is more coming from you guys. It will obviously make lots of people happy to hear. Good luck.

i5 3570k @ 4.3

560ti GTX 2gig

8gig RAM

Intel SSD

Win7 64bit

I've been thinking about this and I came to wonder why, if the next 20 missions were complete, that they were not released for sale, too? If the 1/20 part is still for sale for BS 1.0.2, then why not release the 2/20 that was ready for 1.0.2 as well?

We can only fly the 1/20 on 1.0.2 - surely it doesn't really make sense to then fly 2/20 in BS2 or DCSW?

Or is the 1/20 part also being updated to BS2 standard?

This is exactly the point.

If we go for 1.0.2. - it means we release it for an outdated version and at some point in the future we will have to update it for DCSW. Update means re-doing every mission from scratch to avoid any errors and to use the new functionality like plot branching (which in its turn, requires recording alternative talks in the studio, testing each scenario, etc.). Besides, how many are now flying Black Shark 1.0.2 when you have BS2 and DCSW?

If we go for BS2 - this is not the latest version. Same as above - waste of time and effort.

The perfect solution is to develop VG 2/10 and update VG 1/10 for that version of DCSW that will be announced by the developers as final or as such that will not face deep refurbishments in the near future. AFAIK, another update is coming for the World which will possibly bring changes to the simulator engine. As the development of each release takes several months, we want to be sure than nothing will substantially change during and within reasonable time after the development stage.

So we're waiting for the news from developers. Simple as that.