[BUG] Video Replay - Jester Cheeseboard

Clem Fandango

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong area. I went searching but couldn't find the info elsewhere.

When replaying the mission trying to video capture, the Jester wheel will stay over the screen during replays. It starts about 3 or 4 selection of the cheeseboard in, then stays, rendering video capture useless.

I'm sure this is my problem,as I can't find it anywhere else. Anyone know what I'm messing up?

Cheers

Edited by IronMike

Same here, but on my end it seems to happen when I open the Jester menu, then turn it off without giving him an actual command. It would be nice to have the Jester wheel totally disabled in external views. Why would we need it outside the cockpit anyway?

Same here, but on my end it seems to happen when I open the Jester menu, then turn it off without giving him an actual command. It would be nice to have the Jester wheel totally disabled in external views. Why would we need it outside the cockpit anyway?

I guess if you're doing instructional video's like Jabbers, RedKite, Maverick104, etc it's handy to have it up to demonstrated concept of ops. Plus I'm guessing it stays as part of the session recording.

The thing I can't work out, is why it stays once selected during replay and won't turn off.

I'm actually finding replay files are corrupted in lot's of different areas with the Tomcat only. Weird. Still investigating.

• 5 months later...

No news on this?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

This issue has been known to us for a while now, but unfortunately there is nothing on our side that we found to prevent it. We will keep investigating.

Please note that multicrew aircraft are a bit special in DCS, as they pose many different challenges single seat aircraft simply do not have, and additional challenges arise with the JESTER AI, as DCS ofc was not build around it. This is why sometimes the F14 might seem more affected by certain DCS issues than other aircraft.

We will keep investigating and continue to work with ED to resolve the issue. Thank you for your kind patience.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/