[NEED TRACK] Generator repair does not work

saburo_cz

Hi,

damaged generator is not repaired via comm menu at airport.

I was hit and then my generator suffered a failure. L/G, flaps lights started to flashing and weapon lights went off (slowly).

After landing, I asked for repair via comm menu. It was performed and hits signs disappeared from my plane. Unfortunately when i started the engine L/G and flaps lights were still flashing and weapons lights did not light.

When I asked for external power, all lights worked correctly.

Weird thing is that system signal lights do not work, because of generator failure, but systems still work even lost power, according to systems lights.

Landing gear, flaps and NAV lights do not suffer power lost even generator is out...

btw. radio loses functionality when gen. is out, which is right

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Hi saburo,

if i'm not mistaken, the generator works only from 1600rpm. What you are observing is a discharged battery.

It's a bug since release of the Dora, the battery isn't charged by the generator.

Hold down brakes and push throttle forward, at 1600rpm the lights should stop flickering...

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

Hi saburo,

if i'm not mistaken, the generator works only from 1600rpm. What you are observing is a discharged battery.

It's a bug since release of the Dora, the battery isn't charged by the generator.

Hold down brakes and push throttle forward, at 1600rpm the lights should stop flickering...

IIRC, that's not a bug, it's a real feature of the model.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I did flight after that "repair" with standard settings, 3250 for take-off and 3000 during that flight...

It was without radio (no power..) no weapon lights and flickering systems lights.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
IIRC, that's not a bug, it's a real feature of the model.

S!

Correct.

To the OPer, for the generator repair, did you have a track of this?

Just out of curiosity, do you guys have a source for this?

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

If a track is still needed, this one seems to result in a failed repair of the generator for me. The lights keep flickering even after repair and at full throttle, admittedly on the ground.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Looks like the first track ended with a crash in the lake, so let's try this again...

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022