Best campaign for DCS World IMO

LC34

Thanks for this amazing campaign. Ive only completed 4 missions I believe but it has made me put off all other aircraft and am focusing solely on the F-86 at the moment.

The story is great, so far pulling me into each mission and honestly its making me learn more about the Sabre than I ever would have with any other single mission or online play I could find. This campaign alone makes the Sabre fit into and even surpass some other aircraft in this simulator even though its lack of time period weapons and theaters.

Thanks again for the campaign, it is a must have for anyone who bought the Sabre and hasn't flown it much yet. I don't own the Mig-15 but I am guessing it is just as good a campaign with that as well.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Completely agree. I finished the campaign last week and found it an amazing experience. I was originally planning to graduate from the Sabre to the F-5E, but I'm now training on the MiG-15bis, so I can experience Museum Relic again while learning the "Red Scourge" of the Korean skies :).

• 1 month later...

Hi,

It's the first time I feel so "involved" in the missions I fly. Many thanks to you Apache600 for this amazing work ! Lots of details and a true "writing" talent.

Tomorrow morning I take off with the Su25s:smilewink:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The only small problem I've seen in 1.5.7 was ... oops. Let's not spoil it, you don't need to read this part (details at the end).

Let's just say it's due to a DCS bug which currently impacts all the aircraft in 1.5.7 and 2.1.1.

For the Museum Relic Campaign mission I have in mind, it's not a blocking problem, it just removes a small part of fun :)

If that's a concern and you have already updated, you could "update" back to 1.5.6, I've done that in the past for another campaign and it's a seamless process which doesn't take much time. If you have other campaigns for the Huey or the Mi-8, it would also spare you all the current problems with the sling load. See this thread for the versions, and how to "update" (earlier posts).

In any mission where a system failure may occur ;)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3269202&postcount=53

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 1 month later...

I am here to join the appreciation train. Playing it with the sabre, now I know I am going to buy Mig15 next sales

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

So I just bought it, but AM going to wait until 2.5. Apache will you be (needing) updating the campaign for 2.5 when it arrives? Cheers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• 1 month later...

It's never to late :)

Disclaimer, as in "all set for 2.5" .... well yeah, kinda. It is, but 2.5 beta has some pretty bad bugs concerning this, and other, campaigns. Any mission containing the F-4 Phantom is broken, and won't start. And also my campaign, on the MiG-15 side, is experiencing an issue of not being able to progress past mission 4.

ED is looking into both of the above issues, and hopefully will have them resolved soon.

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

• 2 weeks later...

I have to echo this sentiment. I should've picked this up a lot sooner. Narratively, it's easily my favorite. But, then again, it speaks to me as a guy who makes ends meet flying GA. Seriously, hurtling into battle with a restored warbird? Oh yeah!

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I have flown 7 missions in MiG-15 and DCS 1.5 and it was perfect enjoyment. I now wait for DCS 2.5 to settle down then I will continue. Very nice story, not so difficult missions, good documentation, studies before missions, surprising events. All good!

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

I have flown 7 missions in MiG-15 and DCS 1.5 and it was perfect enjoyment. I now wait for DCS 2.5 to settle down then I will continue. Very nice story, not so difficult missions, good documentation, studies before missions, surprising events. All good!

I'm definitely playing through again with the Sabre. After I practice rocketry a bit better.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• 8 months later...

You're apparently the only one with that opinion. No need to cover the forums with your dislike simply because you won't take advice from other people (I'm referring to your difficulty to perform specific missions your way).

If you see a bug, the easiest is to post it in the relevant forum, just give enough info on your system and how to reproduce the problem, otherwise nobody can help. It's not the first time helicopters AI - or AI in general, have issues. DCS is an ever-moving platform and it regularly breaks all the campaigns, not just this one. Especially with OB.

As for the grammatical errors, I've seen a couple but nothing out of the ordinary and certainly not that dramatic, why don't you simply point them out to help improve? By the way, it's spelled "grammatical", not "grmmatical".

Just take a positive approach, man, being angry all the time won't help you in the long run.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I've had this since release, I think - but not flown it as yet. Will I be okay installing it to 1.5.8? I prefer to fly VR and 1.5.8 is performing far better with the Rift and my spec - just want to be sure I will get the right version of the campaign.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2