[CHECKING] TGP not working with LAser guided bombs?

SVK_Daniel

In two sorties, first with the TGP on STA5 and the second on STA4, I was able to drop GBUs (12s and 16s) with no issue.

I did have the initial target point on the TGP during sortie 1 go to a point beneath the airplane (and slew there) but I was able to cage and relocate the target and designate the proper release point with TDC depress.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

I have the same problem:

Press WPDSG will move the TGP to the correct location, if you depress TDC then TGP will move to another location. if you move TDC a little bit before TDC depress it will work fine. this is only true with GBU 10 (i didn't try other laser bombs).

the same procedures will not work with maverick F or JDAM, it will always change the location after depressing TDC.

I dont know if I do something wrong,but in AUTO mode with GBU bombs,when I found target with TGP ,and want lock target with TDC depress it is not locked target but its lock some place under aircraft on the botom of targeting reticle or so.

I've found a workaround, for AUTO mode first make your HUD as SOI. Press the tdc and place that little (diamond ?) symbol around your target after that make your tgp as SOI then you can lock the target. It should not move somewhere else.

Good luck

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

i have the same issue , GBU 10 and GBU 16 when ever i try to lock the target the TGP will move fast to some where else i believe its under the aircraft . i didnt try any work around like press the TDC longer time or any other thing because it used to work as is before update 2.5.6

also handing off coordinates thru TGP to JDAM sometime it works sometime it doesn't hand over the target coordinates.

I tested yesterday and found the same problem, where the TGP will slew to a point fwd and below the aircraft, as well as move itself out of point or area track. I made a quick test mission today, and found that if you leave the initial target point then re-designate while a TGT point is already marked, it likes to stay where you want it. Assitionally, as I was testing the "double ugly" loadout, I found that after expending GBU-12's first, then switching to a GBU-38, the TGP will automatically slew to the same below/fwd view point, but with the workaround I found, was able to designate a target. Track is included.

TGP Test.rar

FENRIR

No KC-10 in DCS? Thank goodness for small miracles!

Intel i5 4690K OC to 4.0, Corsair CX850M PSU, 16GB Patriot Viper @ 1866MHz, EVGA GTX 1060 SC, Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Saitek X-55, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Delanclip

i have the same issue , GBU 10 and GBU 16 when ever i try to lock the target the TGP will move fast to some where else i believe its under the aircraft . i didnt try any work around like press the TDC longer time or any other thing because it used to work as is before update 2.5.6

also handing off coordinates thru TGP to JDAM sometime it works sometime it doesn't hand over the target coordinates.

Same here.

Same problem here!

Ever time I and my wingman try to TDC Depress for a target, the TGP slew to your current location, losing the target position.

If we do a undesignate target, the TGP works again and when try the process again, it do the same bug.

The only way to work with LGBs was don't pressing the undesignate button, move the TGP (after this bug) to the target again and TDC Depress it. Then we could release the LGB.

Annex the flight log.

server-20200216-162245.trk/file

In addition to the reported problem, if you've got the TGP as SOI and locked onto a target, keying anything on another screen will cause the TGP to lose its lock and move off target.

An example was that I had a vehicle locked and bracketed. I keyed my fusing on the GBU-12 to ensure everything was ok. When I did, the TGP moved off target.

TGP Fail, Laser Fail, Bomb Fail..... TGT Still alive before 4 bombs

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

Hi,

I tried with the laser Maverick, but the laser spot does not appears on the MAV DSPLY.

My mistake, follow the Chuck guide, it works.

Edited by vctpil

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

You know the rule. Give them a log or track. TGP works fine on me.

Same here. I was able to drop LGBs just fine yesterday :dunno:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Works file here too. I dropped both a couple of GBU-12s and launched an AGM-65E without issues. I was using the cheek mounted pod, if it makes a difference.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro