General Idea of a release date?

brettt777

So I'm trying to schedule and plan my PC purchases and so I'm wondering if you have just a ball park idea of when the Tomcat will be released. By years end? Q1 of 19? Late Spring? Early Summer?

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

:joystick::pilotfly:

The current ballpark is "This Winter" so make of that what you will. I personally would be surprised if you weren't doing your best Tom Cruise impression by Spring next year but as with anything in this world, who knows what happens and what might change.

Are you talking about when you want to upgrade your hardware or when you want to actually purchase the Tomcat?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

As stated, they are aiming for "this winter", so the consensus is, withholding any last minute difficulties, that we may see the F-14 around Christmas, though of course winter doesn't end until March 21st, so their forecast would still hold if we were to see it around Easter.

There is unlikely to be any more information, or a concrete release date until much closer to the end of the year.

That's my guess anyway.

Dev statement about release date:

We're leaving it ambiguous so as to not wade into a gigantic mountain of crap if something bad happens.

The target is this year. I prefer to not crunch over christmas (again).

Also my point about not crunching for christmas is not a promise either FWIW - take it just as a personal wish for both the sake of our team's sanity and business performance.

Running a business like this is a loooot of stress - and avoiding as much of it is as possible is becoming increasingly important to me, but quality will come first - so if that means less eggnog and more gollum coffee frenzy, so be it.

We're targeting December. We're guaranteeing Winter. Set your expectations accordingly.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

We're targeting December. We're guaranteeing Winter.

That is all we can commit to until we announce a specific date. :)

This might be a sensitive question Cobra, so you don't have to answer but will we hear about it if something major comes up and the early access gets delayed into the New Year?

Im asking because honestly I still have not pre-ordered as I make it a point NOT to preorder any early access module (or even game) if there is not a set release date. Im not saying I won't preorder, because this is my dream module, and as soon as you set a date you will get my cash, its just a matter of personal principle.

Since it's (hopefully) a December release cash is gonna be tight, considering Christmas, presents etc. so it would be useful to know in advance whether I can spend the F14 money on something else.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

My guess about the release Dat is 21st of December. Why??

Because the F-14 first flew on 21 December 1970

Doesn't sound like a very attractive release date to me - if anything goes wrong or if there's any unforeseen bugs you're guaranteed to be working over Christmas, there's no margin for error with the last Friday before Christmas. It also means stable wouldn't get the F-14 till after Christmas day (so they'd not be able to capitalise on pre-Christmas sales for that). I'dve thought if they don't release by mid-December, then you'd be looking at 2019 once everyone's sobered up.

I need to request time off from work!

Just like the guys from Heatblur who don't want to work through christmas to get the Tomcat released ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg