[REPORTED] Jet Blast Deflector rises without aicraft on catapult

Alphamale

Ok, but it is very long as after I first land, I do some experimenting with Kneeboard pages and control buttons but eventually, I ask for permission to launch and you can actually see the deflector rising before I even get to the cat...then I fly to Khasab and finally fly back to the Stennis where I nearly collide with another blast wall as I'm landing...I submitted the video because I find that the in-game track files are unreliable...they actually change what happened...you could be landing and the recorded track will show you flying off the runway...it's as if the track gives you control and you eventually hit something...this is especially noticeable while you fast forward...but it's your dime....

carrier_practice_23.trk

[REPORTED] Jet Blast Deflector rises without aicraft on catapult

Mission: Case 1 landing

Goal: testing radio's just mapped to HOTAS

- Setup radio

- Contacted Stennis

- Landed...:joystick:

- Hook up

- Selected radio again: asked for take-off

- Stennis confirmed take-off

- Stennis raised jet blast deflector on nearest catapult.

jbd.png.885f92f569e80c5a781bd4a20d8b3a67.png

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Rising oof the jet blast deflectors is coupled to the radio command reqeusting launch. First attach to catapult then radio.

If you radio for take-off without being on that catapult it's raised for phantom aircraft: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=217954

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Not that its an excuse (I dont think they should go up without someone attached) but you’re not hooked up to anything in that pic. If you were then I assume yours would have raised. You look like trapped then called for launch. Way too far right and forward to be on cat 3.

I was indeed not hooked up to anything and just after i trapped. I just asked for take-off without being hooked up on a catapult and then the Stennis crew raised the JBD as seen in the screenshot. Maybe done for JBD maintenance, who knows?

If you radio for take-off without being on that catapult it's raised for phantom aircraft: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=217954

What about the landing then? Why are they up when I was landing? And asking for launch permission has never raised the deflectors before even when I was in parked area....maybe I'm thinking of Engine startup, but the landing is still curious

Edited by Alphamale

Rising oof the jet blast deflectors is coupled to the radio command reqeusting launch. First attach to catapult then radio.

It should be the other way around...the flight deck should not respond to Request for Takeoff, unless you're attached to the cat..IRL, they wouldn't raise the deflector if there was nothing to launch...now if the phantom jet has already been listed as a bug, then fine....otherwise, it is one

Have you tried the Abort Takeoff command? The deflector lowered once I called for an abort takeoff.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Have you tried the Abort Takeoff command? The deflector lowered once I called for an abort takeoff.

Yes, I have tried that and it lowers the JBD...but that doesn't answer the question of what was the JBD doing up when I came in for a landing? Forget the raising of JBD when asking for permission to take off, for just a moment and focus on why in the hell was a deflector UP when I was landing??? TWICE ... just watch the videos

Yeah, twice, didn't work. No deck crew in sight either to lower it. Maybe on strike?

I’ve never seen one up when I landed but if your on a server it may be caused by someone making it happen and not being respectful enough to others to put it back down. In my experience, you can issue the “abort takeoff” call and it will go back down. That or very carefully position yourself in front of it and launch. It’ll go down after launch.

I’ve never seen one up when I landed but if your on a server it may be caused by someone making it happen and not being respectful enough to others to put it back down. In my experience, you can issue the “abort takeoff” call and it will go back down. That or very carefully position yourself in front of it and launch. It’ll go down after launch.

nope, don't play on servers

You can't issue "abort anything" when you're gliding in on the deck and you see a JBD up on the wires...watch the YT videos on this thread, especially the second one https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=217942

fortunately risen up JBD is harmless, however it's ugly :)

or another example

Edited by latware

greetings

latware

(Intel Core i7-4790K;NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;2xdisplay 1920x1080;Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar+pedals;TrackIR3 6DOF)