Can I get AI to fly a set of waypoints continuoously??

tmansteve

Is it possible to get AI to fly the set waypoints continuously until they run out of fuel and have to land?

Or, do I have to use the Aerobatics Add columb in mission editor? I want to fly in formation doing fly overs of the air strip with the AI as lead so that I can get really close. I know about the Orbit Task but can't see how that would work for me.

Cheers

At the last waypoint in the loop, you need to set the Advanced Waypoint Action to:

Perform Command | Switch Waypoint

and select the first waypoint you want in the loop.

i.e.

Setting waypoint 5 to switch to waypoint 2 should result in a loop of 2,3,4,5,2,3,4,5

Wayz Out

Intel Core i9 9900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z390E Gaming MB | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb DDR4-3200 | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe

HTC Vive Pro VR | Logitech G x56 HOTAS | Logitech G PRO Pedals

• 1 month later...

Those waypoint types are little challenging first, like the "turning point" and "flyover".

Abrisrouteedit3.jpg

The leftmost is the "Turning Point", as it is little confusing at first as one would think that is the point the turning is done. But the closest for that is the "Fly Over Point" that literally means that aircraft flies to the waypoint and then starts turning toward the next waypoint, and its route.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.