DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

Thanks! :thumbup:

I have made ADF changes now that pdmarsh is testing. It will have to wait until DCS-BIOS is updated which is out of our hands but shouldn't take too long.

ACT/STBY in ADF switches between Main or Backup ADF

ACT/STBY in DME toggles between the various ADF Modes

Regarding SPU-7, as I mentioned it works for me. I am waiting for input from pdmarsh regarding it. Really strange.

All the WW II birds in DCS Bios?

Hawkeye

Not yet, next would be to acquire the next WWII DCS World plane to adopt to DCS-BIOS.

Now just the Spitfire remains...........

Hawkeye

I think neither pdmarsh nor me have owns that one.

We are currently developing radio support for F-86F and next looks to be AJS37 Viggen. After that I own no more DCS World airplanes to develop on. :wassat:

We are currently developing radio support for F-86F and next looks to be AJS37 Viggen. After that I own no more DCS World airplanes to develop on. wassat.gif
I may have to rectify this!

Which WW II aircraft would you like next?

I will see what I can do! :thumbup:

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

OK Guys. Some feedback:

Nav Light: Perfect. Working now.

Radio selector: Great. Yes, there are 6 positions in the cockpit, but the 'SW' one is not implemented in game so you actually need 5 positions which is what you get on the switch panel. Awesome.

Radio display: ARK-9: Nothing but you found out already. Now I realized that the DME position is not used.That's why I didn't get anything displayed. Why so by the way? So I pushed to XPDR position and I did get a display from 1 to 5. Why 1 to 5 considering ARK-UD channels go 1 to 6? Well, that's because XPDR is not linked to ARK-UD but to the Radio Panel!

I think that is a pretty good idea too to have XPDR linked to radio panel, but then DME shall display the ARK-UD channels.

One suggestion: when switching channel from the R-828, can we have the TUNE button activated after the switch so it does effectively switch to the frequency? Or when the R828 is selected, can we have the ACT/STBY button acting as the TUNE one? That would be awesome.

One small bug I found: If you press OK to assign a DCS BIOS command to a button and you forgot to give the variable a value, DCSFP crashes.

Think Gazelle...

Actually, I had been thinking Gazelle. I have it. I love it. I don't fly it as much as I would like. It would be nice to have it fully enabled in DCSFP. I can see it happening...

Paul

OK Guys. Some feedback... One small bug I found: If you press OK to assign a DCS BIOS command to a button and you forgot to give the variable a value, DCSFP crashes.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you were able to get most things working. I'll let ArturDCS respond to some of the change suggestions.

Regarding the bug, I had a problem with that as well. The "OK" is to be used after you set everything up and want to leave the dialog box altogether. I would click on a DCS-BIOS command that I want and then click "OK," which seemed logical. However, it does close the dialog box prematurely. You have to double-click the DCS-BIOS command to get it to take. So, it's not a bug per se, but it is a quirk of the program in a sense.

Paul

You are right, it's not a bug, it's just a suggestion to make it more idiot proof. :)

I really love DCSFP as it is. It's very powerful. Did you ever think about adding multi layout capability? Like being able to switch from one config to another within the same aircraft to multiply the number of possibilities? Just a thought for later. No urgency.

On the other hand, Gazelle is definitively a must have for DCSFP! :)

Thanks for your help and reactivity.

pdmarsh, any technical limitations that prevent the other positions of the selector on the multi panel to be used (other than VS and ALT) in the Mi8 profile? I could definitively use more than 2 display pages.

Thanks.

I'll have to check with ArturDCS on this. I don't really know why only the first two knob positions were used.

Paul

I have some vague memories of why we didn't include IAS-HDG-CRS. It was because they would only show 3 digits and we had so much other things to do at the time that we left it.

Of course it is possible to have it functioning.

What I immediately came to think of is that each multipanel dial position should have its own LCD setting so that you can switch between various settings. This is an artefact from the days when there was a lot of other things to get working besides this.

Edited by ArturDCS

What I immediately came to think of is that each multipanel dial position should have its own LCD setting so that you can switch between various settings. This is an artefact from the days when there was a lot of other things to get working besides this.

This would be pretty cool indeed and will allow to use this multi flight display to its full potential.

After the Mi-8, I started the Huey configuration and made a quick video. The use of the radios com and navigation systems is really well designed for the Huey and one can definitively use two radio panels for that. I am looking forward to have all this also on the Mi-8 as well as some doppler info on the flight display. And of course, there is the gazelle coming too! :thumbup:

Edited by BaD CrC

Originally Posted by ArturDCS viewpost.gif

This would be pretty cool indeed and will allow to use this multi flight display to its full potential.

After the Mi-8, I started the Huey configuration and made a quick video. The use of the radios com and navigation systems is really well designed for the Huey and one can definitively use two radio panels for that. I am looking forward to have all this also on the Mi-8 as well as some doppler info on the flight display. And of course, there is the gazelle coming too! thumbup.gif

BSDRecruit3small.jpg

Nice pit!

I need to get back to the den and do my training flight.

Perhaps we could do a flight together. Both in the same Gazelle!

I use all the panels in VR. The beauty of it is I can tell from feel alone what switch or control performs what command.

I can now start the Gazelle, in VR, without ever touching the mouse or keyboard!

I never leave the cockpit! (Till I get shot down! LOL)

Brilliant software!

Do not leave the tarmac without it..........:D

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Damn that is a nice setup. How much would a complete cyclic and collective cost from that manufacturer? Damn it looks good.

Thanks Artur. Here you go:

https://shop.microhelis.de/UH-1D-Control-Parts_1

https://shop.microhelis.de/Mechanical-bases

Deutsch qualitat but also Deutsh preis ! :)

@Hawkeye, hey man, we are missing you!

New release!

ArturDCS has released DCSFlightpanels v2.1.743. This build includes the following:

Radio panel (& full DCS-BIOS) support for Fw 190 D-9, Bf 109 K-4 and P-51D

FIP support removed

Term "NONE" for key emulator mode changed to "KEYEMULATOR"

Error & debug log name change to DCSFlightpanels___.log

Popup window when searching for DCS-BIOS controls height increased

For DCS-BIOS support of Fw 190 D-9, Bf 109 K-4 and P-51D, download the latest version of DCS-BIOS.

Please refer to the top level post in this thread for download links.

Thanks,

Paul

Hello Pdmarsh,

I would like to update to DCSFlightpanels v2.1.743 , but i need also the BIP panel.

is there a way to install the last version and keep my BIP panel working?

Hi, BIP (Backlit panel) still works/is supported. The support for FIP (Flight Instrument Panel) was removed, it didn't work properly.

Hello Pdmarsh,

I would like to update to DCSFlightpanels v2.1.743 , but i need also the BIP panel.

is there a way to install the last version and keep my BIP panel working?

I have seen much more expensive variants out there. This seems within reach at least. Saw one manufacturer who's gear would cost +4000€. Will keep this in mind.

Thanks Artur. Here you go:

https://shop.microhelis.de/UH-1D-Control-Parts_1

https://shop.microhelis.de/Mechanical-bases

Deutsch qualitat but also Deutsh preis ! :)

@Hawkeye, hey man, we are missing you!

Is there a way to remove "ALT", "VS" and display the infos of the CMSD(A-10C) on the display of the PZ70 or PZ69? chaff count, flare count, cm program, jammer status etc

Also everyting i got displayed on the lcd is way off and is in 5 didgets. Im at 700ft but is shows ~29000

PC: i7 6700K - GTX980ti - ASUS Z170P D3 - 32GB DDR3 - Samsung 850Evo - 5TB HDD

Displays: BenQ RL2455HM - Acer Pred. XB241H - BenQ RL2455HM

Controller: Modded TM WH grip on VKB Glad.2PRO, TM WH Trottle, TM MFD`s,

Saitek Rudder, 3xArduino Mega+Leonardo for AV8B panels, TIR5,

Is there a way to remove "ALT", "VS"

I believe all of the text displayed on the left side of the display panels is hard coded in the Multi Panel by Saitek (now Logitech). If it can be removed, maybe ArturDCS will see what can be done.

and display the infos of the CMSD(A-10C) on the display of the PZ70 or PZ69? chaff count, flare count, cm program, jammer status etc

Sometimes you just have to search the word you are looking for and experiment to see if it gives what you want. In this case, try this function:

CMSC_TXT_CHAFF_FLARE

I don't know if this will properly display on the panel or not. If this doesn't work, I don't see any other functions that would return this information.

Also everyting i got displayed on the lcd is way off and is in 5 didgets. Im at 700ft but is shows ~29000

Which module are you referring to (A-10C?) and what function did you choose to display altitude? For the A-10C, there is a function for ALT_MSL (or something close) that will give the proper altitude. As I mentioned above, you might have to try different functions. Some have been set up to provide the actual data wanted, such as ALT, HDG, etc., but others will only return raw data. You can convert raw data to meaningful information using the formula function which I described earlier in this thread.

When you say "everything" is way off, specifically what functions are you referring to and which module are you having trouble with?

Thanks,

Paul

I could though ask users who have used it in XPlanes

The text still shows up in X-Plane and, I'm sure, in XFS as well since the panels were originally designed for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Paul