Sling-load capabilities

What is actually possible to sling-load with DCS Mi-8?

Arty? Light vehicles? AA vehicles? Flak emplacements? Or only some weird big bags/weights?

And how to even make it work in a mission? I wanna transport a zsu emplacement, or maybe AA brdms, on mountains to create a kill zone for enemy fighters.

Tnx!

By default, you can move "cargo" items. In the stock game, cargo items are some boxes wrapped in a net with a weight value in the mission editor.

There are some different models for cargo though in the mods section. You can then carry around a cargo item that looks like a AA gun, or a jeep, or a bambi bucket etc.

There is also some scripting, CTTS I believe, that will allow you to sling load several cargo items to a location, and then spawn an actual AA gun or a couple other things.

Practice makes perfect.

Here's the CTLD script that let's you sling load crates and unpack them.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143107

You'll need to change ctld.slingLoad=true in the script at the top before adding it to your mission to use real rather than simulated crates.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Relevant thread (albeit old), I like transporting cargo in multiplayer with the Huey, it takes a long time to go back and forth to get single crates. I have the Mi8, but have not used it yet. I was wondering how much more I can carry in a single run with the Mi8 instead? Say I want to build a Hawk site, can I transport all 3 crates in 1 shot? I realize I can probably find the crate weights somewhere and then find the payload capacity, but I was wondering if anyone already had a chart so to speak? Thanks.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

You can only load one crate, it is not weight dependant.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

Oh,,,, that suxs

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

The building process of your hawk site relies on CTLD script running on the server you are flying on. Whoever is hosting can actually define how many crates are required for the hawk of the FARP to be built. As Silo01 says, the construction is not dependent on the total weight transported but simply on the number of crates, no matter their respective weight.

Now if you can convince the host to set number of crates required for hawk site to 1, it will work for you, but that might create an unbalance in the MP server for the other aircraft with hawk sites popping out everywhere at a high rate.

Ahhh,, ok,,, got it. Thanks. My initial thought though was simple, the Huey can only pickup 1 crate, so I thought the Mi8 would have room and capacity for more.

but it would probably be possible (if the ctld is configured to use real crates), to make two possibilities for setting up the hawk: one with the crates used now and one with crates that are twice as heavy and use half of the crates. It would however need queite some reprogramming of the script

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog