Lock On Platinum

1. Dang

2. Dang!

3. buddies.gif

Hm it's a bit fuzzy - is it a "full" platinium edition with all editions? Picture shows platinium edition - text talks about upgrade FC.2.0

Also - this thread will be moved over to LockOn forum shortly methinks ...

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

I think the picture is a mistake, webmaster probably jumping the gun a bit.

We Have yet to hear of any agreement with UBI, but this looks very Promising!

15q5gfa.jpg

Nate

Edit:- just thinking out loud, but I think Lock On Platinum would be the wrong name for what is a new product, it sounds like budget title. Lock ON 2 would be far better for such a combined product.

Edited by Nate--IRL--

Thry can't call it Lock On 2 cos Ubisoft own the name Lock On / Lock On Modern Air Combat....

Agreed, but if you were to package an all in one Lock On product (which requires UBI agreement), what would sound better,

Lock On Platinum or

Lock On 2?

Lock On Platinum sounds to me like a budget title, however Lock On 2 isn't really justified as it isn't a true sequel. What could you call such a product to give the impression that it is new?

Nate

I have a quick question regarding this new Flaming Cliffs release. I own LockOn: Modern Air Combat and DCS Black Shark, but I somehow missed Flaming Cliffs and never bought it.

Now, with the new release of Flaming Cliffs, do I need to original Flaming Cliffs or is the new version stand-alone?

Cheers,

Rainer

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

just thinking out loud, but I think Lock On Platinum would be the wrong name for what is a new product, it sounds like budget title. Lock ON 2 would be far better for such a combined product.

Theres already Lock on Gold, which is lock on and flaming cliffs combined and generally platinum is considered one higher than gold, thus it makes sense to call the lock on & flaming cliffs & flaming cliffs 2.0 pack "platinum"

Lock on 2, sounds too much like a sequel which flaming cliffs 2.0 isn't.

I have a quick question regarding this new Flaming Cliffs release. I own LockOn: Modern Air Combat and DCS Black Shark, but I somehow missed Flaming Cliffs and never bought it.

Now, with the new release of Flaming Cliffs, do I need to original Flaming Cliffs or is the new version stand-alone?

Cheers,

Rainer

I believe there will be an Upgrade in the form of a patch from FC 1.12 aswel as an FC 2.0 from LO 1.1...

EDIT: upgrade from either LO or FC...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Thanks for the input, Joey45. I really hope that I can install the new FC from the boxed version of LoMac. Don't want to miss out on FC again. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I like Lockon Platinum - In regular games(RPGs and Shooters) Gold and Platinum mean COMPLEAT versions with all the extra content. They may be offered at a lower price, but you get more content.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]