F14 Skinners thread (Paintkit in 1st post)

David A Sell

Nice! I’m really looking forward to the old gull grey over white schemes.

How are you making skins without the texture template if you don’t mind me asking?

basically extracting the original dds files and adding shading layers is the easiest way to describe it

helmet.thumb.jpg.7bb6c64cc9bfa20848b6d7a640873cb7.jpg

Edited by chaser

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have actually updated it since to match the real one

I really like that scheme, you did a great job. Just curious why you misnamed it AD-76? AD was East Coast RAG. Should be NJ76 as VF-124 was West Coast RAG.

Salute,

Punk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On wor on when the paint kit is being released yet?

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel

Hi!

anyone could send me Jolly Rogers Hi Viz .dds that I could open in photoshop?

I can't with the ones i've found in the game folder.

Would be nice.

Have you tried the Intel dds plugin?

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel

I am wondering what is the process that you all are using to for use of a better term pull the panel lines and weathering out for your liveries so that you can place your paint and markings underneath?

Matt "Ship" Shipley

Virtual Carrier Air Wing 1 (VCVW-1)

VF-211 Checkmates

We're close now. Just final checks.

Copy two weeks. lol.

:pilotfly:

But seriously, isn't that what the official line was a couple of weeks ago? Personally, I wouldn't have minded a less-polished paint kit up front with the expectation that I'd possibly need to update it later. It was good enough to get us the defaults, right? At this point, I doubt you're doing any new unwrapping or anything substantial, so it'd be trivial to move our custom layers around to a newer template.

No matter, I'll sit here patiently waiting to put my name on the side of a jet... which is my primary desire for the kit in the first place :D

Copy two weeks. lol.

:pilotfly:

But seriously, isn't that what the official line was a couple of weeks ago? Personally, I wouldn't have minded a less-polished paint kit up front with the expectation that I'd possibly need to update it later. It was good enough to get us the defaults, right? At this point, I doubt you're doing any new unwrapping or anything substantial, so it'd be trivial to move our custom layers around to a newer template.

No matter, I'll sit here patiently waiting to put my name on the side of a jet... which is my primary desire for the kit in the first place :D

HOW RUDE!

Yeah there are some very talented people around, that’s amazing they can make skins so well without the texture template.

I’m really looking forward to creating a particular F-14 scheme.

The skin i made for myself

Qy3Mfw9.png

J4gq2hs.png

Edited by burtnutz

Msg to all the entitled little 10 year old people who are complaining about a skin template not being out yet..... YOU NEED TO STOP COMPLAINING .

Im sure heat blur has more pressing matters to attend

JUST STOP

Edited by burtnutz

Msg to all the entitled little 10 year old people who are complaining about a skin template not being out yet need to STOP.

Im sure heat blur has more pressing matters to attend

JUST STOP

haha well said you cant see what your flying anyway as ED cant seem to fix the track replays on ANY plane in DCS world

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]