VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

To make your own IC compliant version of the MOD do the following:

1) install the MOD using OvGME or JGSME. and the other installation steps as per the readme file

2) go to multiplayer in game and see which files are causing an IC failure and note them down

3) uninstall the MOD

4) remove those specific files from the MOD

5) reapply the MOD

6) repeat steps 2 - 5 as required.

I get an IC pass failure on the following files.

thumbnail?id=1acomAtXiwYqsBYLqGSQH55Js9Vi0buP_

thumbnail?id=1m--40p6BoW-5YnA2Mp6mY38gBgOOuTSV

If I delete these, what functionality do I lose? Are they necessary for the MOD?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Jorik

Kind regards

Jorik

Intel i7 8700k 5,0Ghz OC

Nvidia GTX1080Ti

32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM

HP Reverb Pro

Selfmade Alu Rail 4080 mounts

TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Virpil 100mm extension + Virpil VFX + TM F/A-18 Stick

TM MFD's

Saitek Pedals

I get an IC pass failure on the following files.

thumbnail?id=1acomAtXiwYqsBYLqGSQH55Js9Vi0buP_

thumbnail?id=1m--40p6BoW-5YnA2Mp6mY38gBgOOuTSV

If I delete these, what functionality do I lose? Are they necessary for the MOD?

Thanks for the help.

I can't read the graphics image ... but why don't you try it and see...

they are likely necessary to get the full benefit of the mod, they are likely not necessary if you want to pass the IC...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I have this installed - i saw the circle thing on the screen - so I know it is installed. Am I supposed to huge jump on FPS - It is almost the same. I have Rift S, and ASW is disabled - if I enable it then goes to 40 fps. Right now I did see go up to 50-60 at times. How do I get it to 80 fps all the time. I am okay with lower settings as long as the cockpit is nice.

Nausea does come when fps is low, I need a way to maintain higher than 40 fps.

I tried with FC3 - F15C and P51D trial. P51D actually had higher fps during instant mission dogfight

Specs: i7-5820K - 4.4 Ghz OC, 64GB Ram, RTX 2070 Super, Rift S

What version of dcs are you running, what are your nvidia settings, what are your settings in game... I can’t really help you with oculus settings... but in a realistic world it is unlikely you will be able to maintain 80fps in all regimes, for oculus you likely need to enable asw ( I don’t know how)

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

What version of dcs are you running, what are your nvidia settings, what are your settings in game... I can’t really help you with oculus settings... but in a realistic world it is unlikely you will be able to maintain 80fps in all regimes, for oculus you likely need to enable asw ( I don’t know how)

Hey there,

I am running DCS OpenBeta 2.5.6.45915

Nvidia is using 445.75 (I believe the latest drivers) - default settings and only settings I changed was to Prefer Maximum Performance.

Here are the Settings of the sim (this was taken from in non-vr mode)

W3jg5ag.png

W34DGcB.png

8dRgTHF.png

mAuEg3v.png

I appreciate your help. Thank you

Specs: i7-5820K - 4.4 Ghz OC, 64GB Ram, RTX 2070 Super, Rift S

Your settings are pretty sensible imo. perf with 2.5.6 is currently bugged, so bear that in mind, change the visibility range to medium., set asw to auto, you might want to set texture quality to high performance in nvidia settings as well.

Asw will help you maintain at least 40fps (don’t worry about it only being 40, with asw on it should seem smoother).

Good luck

oh i normally set smoke off, if you need further perf improvements, press ALT-ENTER in game, and turn off mirrors you can also try this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=257972 some people get a perf bump from it

I can't read the graphics image ... but why don't you try it and see...

they are likely necessary to get the full benefit of the mod, they are likely not necessary if you want to pass the IC...

The files are:

- bazar/shaders/deferred/gbuffer.hlsl

- bazar/shaders/deferred/shadows.hlsl

- bazar/shaders/deferred/decoder.hlsl

- bazar/shaders/deferred/atmosphere.hlsl

- bazar/shaders/model/functions/glass.hlsl

- bazar/shaders/posteffects/nvd_common.hlsl and the fix file

- bazar/shaders/materialfactory/ils151.hlsl

Kind regards

Jorik

Intel i7 8700k 5,0Ghz OC

Nvidia GTX1080Ti

32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM

HP Reverb Pro

Selfmade Alu Rail 4080 mounts

TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Virpil 100mm extension + Virpil VFX + TM F/A-18 Stick

TM MFD's

Saitek Pedals

The files are:

- bazar/shaders/deferred/gbuffer.hlsl

- bazar/shaders/deferred/shadows.hlsl

- bazar/shaders/deferred/decoder.hlsl

- bazar/shaders/deferred/atmosphere.hlsl

- bazar/shaders/model/functions/glass.hlsl

- bazar/shaders/posteffects/nvd_common.hlsl and the fix file

- bazar/shaders/materialfactory/ils151.hlsl

... it will have an impact on the performance of the MOD. It should still work, if you remove them, if it doesn't uninstall the MOD... you are no worse of it has cost you some time and you will have learnt something new...

Hello. Thanks for all the work on these. I installed by making a backup of my /bazar folder and overwriting. Then I renamed the various metacache\dcs folders to \dcs.old. I also deleted the files in the Saved Games\DCS\metashaders2 and\fxo folders. When I ran DCS, it seemed to have worked, since there was the corners missing. But when I ran an instant mission on the Caucasus map, it got stuck for over half and hour and never created a new \dcs folder in Mods\terrains\Caucasus\misc\metacache. I tried it without VR enabled and could load in fine. Then I created a copy of the \dcs.old folder in that location and renamed it to \dcs and just deleted all the files in it. Same issue. Gets stuck at the end of the loading screen with just "Please wait..." forever. Never adds any files in the \metacache\dcs folder for the Caucasus.

Any idea about what's wrong? I'm running the latest Open Beta install.

I can uninstall using your directions, but would like to get it working to see if there is a benefit for me. My VR performance is pretty bad, even using suggested settings in game and nVidia.

EDIT:

I uninstalled and installed again. Works this time. I'll explore to see what kind of improvement I see.

Thanks.

Edited by Griphos

Hello. Thanks for all the work on these. I installed by making a backup of my /bazar folder and overwriting. Then I renamed the various metacache\dcs folders to \dcs.old. I also deleted the files in the Saved Games\DCS\metashaders2 and\fxo folders. When I ran DCS, it seemed to have worked, since there was the corners missing. But when I ran an instant mission on the Caucasus map, it got stuck for over half and hour and never created a new \dcs folder in Mods\terrains\Caucasus\misc\metacache. I tried it without VR enabled and could load in fine. Then I created a copy of the \dcs.old folder in that location and renamed it to \dcs and just deleted all the files in it. Same issue. Gets stuck at the end of the loading screen with just "Please wait..." forever. Never adds any files in the \metacache\dcs folder for the Caucasus.

Any idea about what's wrong? I'm running the latest Open Beta install.

I can uninstall using your directions, but would like to get it working to see if there is a benefit for me. My VR performance is pretty bad, even using suggested settings in game and nVidia.

Thanks.

Sorry, but I don’t know how many times it has to be said here that the DCS folders are NOT recreated by the mod. What you are seeing is normal in that respect.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Well...it says to rename them in the instructions included in the download. And I assumed, since many people talking about this mod talk about how it will take a long time to rebuild the shaders for each map, which is why you should start a mission, that they are recreated somewhere. If not in a new \dcs folder, then I don't know where. And, since my second try included an empty \dcs folder, which never had any files put in it, it doesn't seem to be there.

And I'm pretty sure the game never starting a mission is not normal.

So, without saying more than you did, you're not really being helpful at all.

Edited by Griphos

The folders that you rename in the terrains are not recreated... the shaders are recreated in FXO and metashaders2

IT Takes a long time for the mission to start, as all the shaders get recreated (the first time in a terrain/plane) ... go and make a tea, have a bath, make a meal... eventually it will start ...

Weird reflections over water.

As always, thanks for the continued supporting this mod. I for one am VERY grateful.

I just installed the latest version and found some weird reflections over water.

the reflections are only present with water settings on, high and medium.

these reflections were not present when using the previous version of the VR mod ( that caused CTD ) on 2.5.6.45915

Reflections are present when spawning on the stennis in VR and 2D

I am using the latest Nvidia drivers.

and I have deleted the FXO and metashaders.

wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

Edited by Avalanche110

See attached image for error upon loading after following directions in ReadMe.

Ive gone so far as to individually try to copy and paste the new files in. No matter what, I get this same error.

reflections.PNG.49c65a11192b79be19bf9a40ba082bdd.PNG

Edited by Real28

See attached image for error upon loading after following directions in ReadMe.

Ive gone so far as to individually try to copy and paste the new files in. No matter what, I get this same error.

What version of the game are you running, what version of the Mod are you running...

I tried the last version of the mod (good install with renaming of all cache of maps ans suppress of metashader ans fxo) but did not see any improvement on fps for harrier / quick mission / ramp start.

Am I the only one ?

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I tried the last version of the mod (good install with renaming of all cache of maps ans suppress of metashader ans fxo) but did not see any improvement on fps for harrier / quick mission / ramp start.

Am I the only one ?

I often don’t see an FPS improvement, what I do see is a gpu frametime reduction, though to be fair I haven’t flown the barrier in Ages...

Weird reflections over water.

As always, thanks for the continued supporting this mod. I for one am VERY grateful.

I just installed the latest version and found some weird reflections over water.

the reflections are only present with water settings on, high and medium.

these reflections were not present when using the previous version of the VR mod ( that caused CTD ) on 2.5.6.45915

Reflections are present when spawning on the stennis in VR and 2D

I am using the latest Nvidia drivers.

and I have deleted the FXO and metashaders.

wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

Here is a screen shot of the reflections i mentioned in an earlier post.

Curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

reflections.thumb.jpg.9195d4b09224d1db5514f77899bebe0a.jpg